You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Making the switch from Tournaments to cash

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I am a tournament player, i do regard myself as a decent tournament player, i feel whatever tournament i enter i can win and am confident in cashing consistently. But like many tournament players the switch to cash is always playing on my mind. I have dabbled in the past and have my ups and downs but not really consistent enough.
I am going to keep seperate bankrolls and start low at cash but what level should i start? Should i go to NL4 to get used to the long grinding sessions multi tabling or go str8 in higher and play single or two tables?

Should i set myself targets on my bankroll? And is there any point playing anything but ABC below nl30?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Don't multi table cash untill you can consistently beat single tables, where you can watch and learn about your opponents and lose that tournament playing mindset.
    The level you join at depends upon your bankroll and depending on where you read and your confidence that is anywhere between 3% and 10% of your bankroll per table.
  • edited September 2011
    Its very hard maintaining interest in microstake cash if you have been playing medium/big MTTs. I suggest playing a couple of tables a few levels up.

Not that I know much, still havent made the move, but have tried a few times !
  • edited September 2011
    If you have around £250 to put down as a bankroll I would start at NL10 as there's a decent amount of fish but also a few REGS to watch out for/avoid, however if you want to have it easy stick £80 down and print money at NL4.
  • edited September 2011
    Bankroll wise i know ure waaaaaaaaaaaay above micro cash , i also know ure a decent player , imo start at NL10 and see how it goes.It wont take ya very long to see that if youve got gd reads/notes on players ure gonna make money.Just remember that there's no blind levels to race against so no rush at all to get big hands , play ure BIG hands strongly and BET BET BET when you hit a big hand as alot of players here only look at their own cards and find it hard to fold even with 2nd pair etc.

gl debs xx
  • edited September 2011
    IMO as long as ur bankroll is fine start at nl20

i would also suggest play at least 2-4 tables im sure you have multitabled tourneys so it shouldnt be too hard.

GL x
  • edited September 2011
    with yg here, nl20 is were i think you will do just fine for starters
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah reckon i may have done ya a  slight disservice here batkin , as YG and POD suggest ure prob be fine startin at NL20 xx
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks all!!! I have decided to multi table nl10 for tonight and then move up to nl20 tomorrow if i feel comfy!!

Really helpful info so thanks!

K x
  • edited September 2011
    great, thats all we need another decent player at nl 20!!!