You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Totally outplayed with KK - what should I have done (and no, I didn't fold preflop)

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic

I cannot post the hand from my perspective as sky has lost details of some of my recent hands, so I cannot retrieve it. But the villain has posted it as a brag from his side. I am in the big blind with KK - it's NL20 and folds round to the villain in the sb.

Topical subject: do I just shove pre with my KK - but his action looks very strong, and I've not been on the table long so pretty readless.
Post flop I am not beating many hands I put him on (just AK and maybe JJ) so I decided to c/b. I guess I should either bet or c/f?
With the A on the turn I cannot think what I might be beating - so it's c/f. Little did I realise it was 24 clubs!

delaney09Small blind £0.10£0.10£19.23 Big blind £0.20£0.30£29.51 Your hole cards24   delaney09Raise £0.50£0.80£18.73 Raise £2.00£2.80£27.51delaney09Raise £3.80£6.60£14.93 Call £2.20£8.80£25.31Flop  QQ6    Check    delaney09Bet £5.60£14.40£9.33 Call £5.60£20.00£19.71Turn  A    Check    delaney09All-in £9.33£29.33£0.00 Fold    delaney09Muck    delaney09Win £19.00 £19.00delaney09Return £9.33£1.00£28.33

Comments

• edited September 2011
    you werent the oppo mate you are mistaken here, i only play HU
  • edited September 2011
    interesting (I thought it was very meticulous how you deleted the other runners on your post)

well I also had this flop / turn on my table last night

and maybe he really did have AQ or AA, or maybe he had 24 clubs as well (area 51 alert)! Now I'll never know.

Anyways, still interested in knowing how I should have played it better.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Totally outplayed with KK - what should I have done (and no, I didn't fold preflop):
    interesting (I thought it was very meticulous how you deleted the other runners on your post) well I also had this flop / turn on my table last night and maybe he really did have AQ or AA, or maybe he had 24 clubs as well (area 51 alert)! Now I'll never know. Anyways, still interested in knowing how I should have played it better.
    Posted by GELDY
    lol nah i only deleted the 1 oppo cause this was on a HU table ( i don't play on 6 max tables unless theres max 2 other opponents) didnt wanna embaress anyone by leaving their name in...... if you were on a 6 max table its vvvvv unlikely he is going to make a play at you with 24cc..... i probably get it in pre fwiw if he shows Aces nh and on to the next one but he can easily have hands like JJ AK AQ but when you decide to flat and see the A turn that just smacks the range of hands you are putting him on so was a good fold in the end