You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Open bust out hand last night attempt 2 as posted weird in other thread

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
hmmheis Small blind  30.00 30.00 247.50
PP22 Big blind  60.00 90.00 2425.00
  Your hole cards

kimpet Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Raise  145.00 235.00 3295.00
RogueCell Fold     
manutd1999 Call  145.00 380.00 7202.50
hmmheis Raise  200.00 580.00 47.50
PP22 Fold     
YOUNG_GUN Raise  600.00 1180.00 2695.00
manutd1999 Call  600.00 1780.00 6602.50
hmmheis All-in  47.50 1827.50 0.00
Flop

• J

YOUNG_GUN All-in  2695.00 4522.50 0.00
manutd1999 Call  2695.00 7217.50 3907.50
hmmheis Show
  • K

YOUNG_GUN Show

manutd1999 Show
  • Q
  • Q

Turn

River

manutd1999 Win Pair of Queens 7217.50  11125.00

Comments

• edited September 2011
    thats coz you an aggressive fish,hoping to hit :-). man u either played qq bladly there pre or he had your number lol and what was hmmheis little raise all about leaving 47.50 behind. i think you all played it sh it e, and i can see my 20 comming back home real quick lol
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Open bust out hand last night attempt 2 as posted weird in other thread:
    thats coz you an aggressive fish,hoping to hit :-). man u either played qq bladly there pre or he had your number lol and what was hmmheis little raise all about leaving 47.50 behind. i think you all played it sh it e, and i can see my 20 comming back home real quick lol
    Posted by pod1
    hahahalol
  • edited September 2011
    well he flats behind so i have basically tried a squeeze play here to either go hu vs shortie or i felt he could have a worse pp so was happy to get it in. on the flop i have to go broke no?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Open bust out hand last night attempt 2 as posted weird in other thread:
    Posted by pod1
    well i dont know if this is his plan with QQ really strange flatting my raises, im only ever stacking of here with open ender or a set. In their shoes i probably get it in pre and lose my customer so well played to them, the reason i just shove post flop is because im commited anyway so i either take it down with the side pot or if he has overpair then i can still hit.

How would others play this?
  • edited September 2011
    I woulda played the QQ the same way as you woulda , i woulda flatted to set mine pre with the 99 and folded it to any shove , as played after flop the hand plays itself and ya gotta go broke , ul matey

Tbh with the blinds at 30/60 and ure holdin 99 with 55bb's behind ya i dont think ya should ever go broke here other than in a bounty hunter ;)
  • edited September 2011
    Raise pre fine, after call and minreraise I just flat here as first caller ain't folding much and most times flop will be ugly with you OOP having to b/f a lot.

As played not sure about open shove on flop as you only get called when your behind surely and then HAVE to hit. Not sure what I'd bet if b/f is even an option maybe 600-700 and c what happens.
  • edited September 2011
    i would prob flat pre, but your re re raise is fine as most of the time you are going to isolate the shortie. im not keen on shoving this flop yor rarely geting a better hand to fold and a half pot bet or less would work the same to protect your possibly winning hand. in that spot with an all in player its likely  gonna go check, check to the river and you have reasonable showdown value and thats the line i would hope take in this spot.
  • edited September 2011
    i would prob flat pre, but your re re raise is fine as most of the time you are going to isolate the shortie. im not keen on shoving this flop yor rarely geting a better hand to fold and a half pot bet or less would work the same to protect your possibly winning hand. in that spot with an all in player its likely  gonna go check, check to the river and you have reasonable showdown value and thats the line i would hope take in this spot.
    Posted by WHOAMI196
    Thats quite interesting cheers, i probably never check here as i can win the sidepot if they fold, but i like betting half pot and then stacking off line probably slightly better in the long run thanks
  • edited September 2011
    Personally, I think the shove on the flop was the wrong play.

However I would of probably's gone broke somwhere down the line :(
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    i quite like the shove, although you're not gonna get called by worse you have good equity and you can even make stronger hands fold by doing so, if you take the b/c line villain might come over the top w/ 2nd pair for example but might be different if it's  for stacks

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Open bust out hand last night attempt 2 as posted weird in other thread : Serious? lol
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    well I'd probs fold after the guy 3s it leaving 40 chips behind and you have a massive station behind you still to act.

Saying that I don't mind 4'in to isolate - but vs him he doesn't fold anyway and jamming is probably a little too much. Considering you are probably against at least one overpair or 3/4 overcards I don't mind waiting for better spots.

Fwiw I don't really like jamming flop either, but meh it's not too bad we have outs when he snaps.
  • edited September 2011
    i kinda agree with pryce on this one.

i much prefer the way you have played this hand than the other two though.  i also think that they play this hand so badly makes your spot much harder

i think you are pushing the action too hard with the mid pair when you wont get many favourable non setting flops.  i would look to flat pre and re evaluate the flop especially oop

i dont agree that you should be going bust on that flop though.  a bit too boom or bust for my liking and as said previously there are many better spots to be had
  • edited September 2011

also it is clear with the villain in the hand your shove will not make any better hands fold

• edited September 2011
    Thanks all for your comments i will make a mental note and hopefully play it a bit differently next time