You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

really?

edited September 2011 in Area 51

Hand History #414558590 (21:12 15/09/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
winnie66 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.84
dasnewb Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.38
  Your hole cards

flimy Call   £0.04 £0.10 £2.20
jonah54 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £1.72
claret_man Call   £0.04 £0.18 £2.80
bigrick91 Call   £0.04 £0.22 £3.90
winnie66 Call   £0.02 £0.24 £3.82
dasnewb Check        
Flop

• A

winnie66 Check        
dasnewb Check        
flimy Bet   £0.04 £0.28 £2.16
jonah54 Call   £0.04 £0.32 £1.68
claret_man Call   £0.04 £0.36 £2.76
bigrick91 Call   £0.04 £0.40 £3.86
winnie66 Fold        
dasnewb Call   £0.04 £0.44 £3.34
Turn

• A

dasnewb Check        
flimy Check        
jonah54 Bet   £0.04 £0.48 £1.64
claret_man Call   £0.04 £0.52 £2.72
bigrick91 Call   £0.04 £0.56 £3.82
dasnewb Call   £0.04 £0.60 £3.30
flimy Call   £0.04 £0.64 £2.12
River

dasnewb Bet   £0.48 £1.12 £2.82
flimy Fold        
jonah54 Raise   £0.96 £2.08 £0.68
claret_man All-in   £2.72 £4.80 £0.00
bigrick91 All-in   £3.82 £8.62 £0.00
dasnewb Fold        
jonah54 All-in   £0.68 £9.30 £0.00
bigrick91 Unmatched bet   £1.10 £8.20 £1.10
jonah54 Show
  • A

claret_man Show
  • K

bigrick91 Show

bigrick91 Win Straight Flush to the 5 £7.58   £8.68

then lost with a straight to a full house, then had pocket queens cracked by pocket 2's.

Yeah last time I play me thinks.

Comments

• edited September 2011

A straight( if u called),a full house,nut flush and a straight flush in the same hand...well that is random...SO RANDOM
  • edited September 2011
    im confused why is this hand being shown! is it to show how bad the whole table is, really i dont get it! NOT 1 BET PRE FLOP! ON THE FLOP! OR TURN! Then everyone shoves i wanna be on a table like this lol

REALLY? SERIOUSLY SORT IT OUT!
  • edited September 2011
    dazler becomming the hunter not the hunted!
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: really?:
    im confused why is this hand being shown! is it to show how bad the whole table is, really i dont get it! NOT 1 BET PRE FLOP! ON THE FLOP! OR TURN! Then everyone shoves i wanna be on a table like this lol REALLY? SERIOUSLY SORT IT OUT!
    Posted by Dazler
    The flop was bet, as was the turn.

The point ypu've seen to miss is that there was a nut flush, a straight, a full house, and a straight flush.

Random LOL
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: really? : The flop was bet, as was the turn. The point ypu've seen to miss is that there was a nut flush, a straight, a full house, and a straight flush. Random LOL
    Posted by dasnewb
    and???? the point you seem to miss .is if bets were made then perhaps everybody would not still be in to make all these hands.you were only makin it 2p to call .everybody on sky is gonna call with anythin for 2p!!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    Have to agree we are talking a 6 way limped pot where everyone is holding junk, where all but 1 player gets to the river effectively free.

Yes its a ridic board in terms of hands connecting.  But the likelyhood of it is massively increased by the way the hand plays..

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: really? : and???? the point you seem to miss .is if bets were made then perhaps everybody would not still be in to make all these hands.you were only makin it 2p to call .everybody on sky is gonna call with anythin for 2p!!!!!
    Posted by kb245
    1) I didn't make the raises?
    2) you can't make it 2p
    3) obviously i'm going to call 4p with my outs and then fold when I know I'm behind.
  • edited September 2011
    Have to agree we are talking a 6 way limped pot where everyone is holding junk, where all but 1 player gets to the river effectively free. Yes its a ridic board in terms of hands connecting.  But the likelyhood of it is massively increased by the way the hand plays..
    Posted by AMYBR
    The likelyhood of the cards landing is not affected by who bets what.

The point is that the hand was pre empted to make anyone who stayed in get the best hand they could..
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: really? : The likelyhood of the cards landing is not affected by who bets what. The point is that the hand was pre empted to make anyone who stayed in get the best hand they could..
    Posted by dasnewb
     The likelyhood of the cards landing is not affected by who holds what either.
  • edited September 2011
    If someone bets bigger then the guy who hits straight flush wouldn't have the correct odds to call(not that it matters with sky)

the guy with a full house on turn should of won this with the correct bet sizes.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: really? : The likelyhood of the cards landing is not affected by who bets what. The point is that the hand was pre empted to make anyone who stayed in get the best hand they could..
    Posted by dasnewb
    I'm not saying peoples hands are efffected by who bets what, look at what I said more closely.

If we could retroactively apply every board to 6 players hold cards we will see situations like this.

I am saying that if 6 people limp into a pot with junk they will connect widely.  If we have some hand selection and raises this is greatly reduced.

But it being a limp fest followed be a nominal bet, why wouldnt people stay in.  But also remembering that people NEED a reason to stay in.

This is a bit daft IMO.  If we had a raised pot with some aggression it would be pretty gross.  Fact is, we have people coming into a pot with junk, junk that widely connects. 

I would go as far to say, given the low aggression factor, this is pretty standard.  Get a deck of cards.  Deal out 6 hands with boards 20 times, or whatever you believe to be reasonable.  Before long you'll see something like this.
  • edited September 2011
    Quite simply this is a standard scenario where it appears no player at the table knows how to play poker , soz but i see no other explanation xx
  • edited September 2011
    Quite simply this is a standard scenario where it appears no player at the table knows how to play poker , soz but i see no other explanation xx
    Posted by debdobs_67

+1

ive been sitting there with 85suited and folded and then by end of hand i would of had a straight flush. this probably happens all the time, but cos ppl bet and ppl fold we never see it.
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    lol, this is much better than the usual A51 hands. Yeah the stupid way the hand played out made us see more hands, which will obv mean stronger hands at showdown. But all these had a bit of the flop and improved on the turn (apart from hero), they may well have stayed in, even though some obv shouldnt.

I dont suspect foul play or the rng etc etc, but for 6 hands to produce a straight flush, a boat, the nut flush and the nut straight has to be pretty unusual. I have no idea how accurate this "stat" is but I remember hearing a poker analyst on tv say on a ten handed table the average winning hand would be trip Jacks if everyone stayed in. Here we have 4 out of 6 beating that
  • edited September 2011
    Ahem..was the poker analyst playing on sky poker though?
  • edited September 2011
    Ahem..was the poker analyst playing on sky poker though?
    Posted by Crunchybob
    it was a while ago, not on sky, but hes been on sky since. As I said not sure how accurate that is, but sounds reasonable to me
  • edited September 2011
    Question: isnt betting supposed to stop players hitting outs and hense make them fold so they dont make it to the river?

Question: isnt betting supposed to increase the pot and get you the maximum amount of chips if you hit a hand! or to represent a hand if you havnt?

Question: isnt betting supposed to get rid of limpers pre flop with rubbish hands so you stop the prospect of them hitting flushes st8s or anything else with there limping hands?

Question: Isnt betting supposed to be used to find out where you are against other opponants?

If you answered No to any of these questions shouldnt you question, how you play your self?
    If you answered Yes to any of these questions then you should know better!
  • edited September 2011
    I answered no to most of them, whats my penance Father D?
  • edited September 2011
    heres another bad caller hitting runner runner ,,, YET AGAIN

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    BIRDMAN10 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £7.48
    cannibal03 Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £21.74
     Your hole cards
    • Q

beerwolf Call  £0.08 £0.20 £8.29
    AcidMan27 Fold     
    bigal36903 Raise  £0.24 £0.44 £9.30
    wacko100 Raise  £0.40 £0.84 £1.72
    BIRDMAN10 Fold     
    cannibal03 Call  £0.32 £1.16 £21.42
    beerwolf Fold     
    bigal36903 Call  £0.16 £1.32 £9.14
    Flop

• Q

cannibal03 Check     
    bigal36903 Check     
    wacko100 Bet  £0.66 £1.98 £1.06
    cannibal03 Fold     
    bigal36903 Raise  £1.60 £3.58 £7.54
    wacko100 All-in  £1.06 £4.64 £0.00
    bigal36903 Call  £0.12 £4.76 £7.42
    bigal36903 Show
    • Q

wacko100 Show
    • A

Turn

• Q

River

wacko100 Win Flush to the Ace £4.40
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: really? : 1) I didn't make the raises? 2) you can't make it 2p 3) obviously i'm going to call 4p with my outs and then fold when I know I'm behind.
    Posted by dasnewb
    i didnt make the raises.!!!!!!!!!!! EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    you should check how the above hand was played and played well but got called by someone who did not know when to fold and got lucky
  • edited September 2011
    no disrepect bigal,but it wasnt played well. the first raise is ok, but what are you doing calling a re raise with q 10 this is def -ev over time!

• edited September 2011
    I answered no to most of them, whats my penance Father D?
    Posted by grantorino
    Your penance is to say yes when you say no and no when you say yes, and 4 bloody hell marys when she sucks out on you 0:)
  • edited September 2011
    no disrepect bigal,but it wasnt played well. the first raise is ok, but what are you doing calling a re raise with q 10 this is def -ev over time!
    Posted by pod1
    the guy was raising whith rubbish hands, i mean 5 7 os....

so in my eyes at the time it was not much to call and see the flop..   the fact he called my raise afterwards with A high shows you..
  • edited September 2011
    im not saying it was wrong in this case if you have reads on him, im saying over a period of time calling a 3 bet with q10 is not good for the bank balance.
  • edited September 2011
    im not saying it was wrong in this case if you have reads on him, im saying over a period of time calling a 3 bet with q10 is not good for the bank balance.
    Posted by pod1
    It aint for me and you is it pod ?? ;)) xxx
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    as a norm i wud only limp with Q10, but put that aside and then tell me i was wrong in the call or was he who got lucky when he made a cad call..  as alot are getting
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: really? :  The likelyhood of the cards landing is not affected by who holds what either.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

If the RnG was correct then no it wouldn't.

The whole point of this thread is that the RnG seems to be afected by what was being held.

As promised I have not played since.