You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Draws for your tournament life

as predominantly a cash player, when i play tournaments there is a few situations i have found difficult, mainly playing draws in tournaments.

for an example if on the flop i have a flush draw and am putting my opponent on top pair i know that if i hit my flush i am best. if for instance i am put all in and getting 7/2 odds better than then odds of me hitting my flush. in a cash game i would obviously call as this hand has positive expected value. however should i put my tournament life on the line knowing i am behind and must hit a card to win?

thank you for any input anyone has

Comments

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Draws for your tournament life:
    as predominantly a cash player, when i play tournaments there is a few situations i have found difficult, mainly playing draws in tournaments. for an example if on the flop i have a flush draw and am putting my opponent on top pair i know that if i hit my flush i am best. if for instance i am put all in and getting 7/2 odds better than then odds of me hitting my flush. in a cash game i would obviously call as this hand has positive expected value. however should i put my tournament life on the line knowing i am behind and must hit a card to win? thank you for any input anyone has
    Posted by humberfish
    the question is not that, the question is  DO I FEEL LUCKY..  you are going to have to do at some stage during the tourny. probably many times. some you will hit and some you will not..  it is if you feel lucky at that time...

because you could be the one ahead and they need to hit.   to win, you do need that slice of luck
  • edited October 2011

In a tourney, if i'm getting good odds on something (not marginal) i'll go for it. But in DYMs then almost never.