You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

JJ in SB @ NL4. 4-bet or call

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok so we have all bases covered. I have this hand in the diary but im wanting to focus purley on the pre flop action here. Now the origional raiser has came just recently been very very aggro. Infact i can recall him shoving 5 or 6 times before this. The other guy was also pretty aggro.

My first problem here is both are aggro and im not closing the action pre. Second, is it even fair to set mine with Jacks???
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
The_Don90 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £10.06
makka10 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £1.41
 Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

irvines Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £6.79
pokermask Raise  £0.24 £0.38 £6.55
The_Don90 ?????

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Well if I'm gonna set mine I'd rather do it with jacks than with 2s!

Just call.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to JJ in SB @ NL4. 4-bet or call:
    Ok so we have all bases covered. I have this hand in the diary but im wanting to focus purley on the pre flop action here. Now the origional raiser has came just recently been very very aggro. Infact i can recall him shoving 5 or 6 times before this. The other guy was also pretty aggro. My first problem here is both are aggro and im not closing the action pre. Second, is it even fair to set mine with Jacks??? Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance The_Don90 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £10.06 makka10 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £1.41   Your hole cards J J       irvines Raise   £0.08 £0.14 £6.79 pokermask Raise   £0.24 £0.38 £6.55 The_Don90 ?????
    Posted by The_Don90

make it 85p and yeah JJ is good enough to go to war v these aggro monkeys
    These open shoving or 3 bet shoving Ace rag monkeys need to be put down tbh so... stick it in there eye

You can set mine and get paid or see a save flop and get paid off by TPTK -A8/A9/A10 etc...
    These open shoving aggro monkeys also kick your variance up so... They can be lucky so and so's

• edited September 2011
    i'd 4 bet to about 60p, if he's very aggro and got in 6 times previously i would aim to get in pre
  • edited September 2011
    I think you can mostly ignore the utg min at this level.

Dont mind a 4bet to maybe 0.65, dont mind a flat either.  Set mining is the furthest thing from my mind here though.  It's be nice dont get me wrong.  But am not going into the hand asuming  I need it.
  • edited September 2011

I dont mind a 4bet to 60p-70p here obv gotta be prepared tho to call off a shove , so i may lean towards flattin and just see what flops

• edited September 2011
    not worried about opener in the slightest, might be worried about 3bettor. If you flat you need to know how you are reacting to action behind you. I might call and hope aggromonkey shoves, if I play this way I obv call it off even if both get it in. Dont mind 4b/c either

If you flat here you should not be just setmining, also if you are setmining it makes very little difference whether you have 22 or JJ unless it gets checked down