You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should I have called this?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Is it worthwhile calling in this situation in the longrun?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceSlebogSmall blind £0.02£0.02£1.68jamiesmithBig blind £0.04£0.06£1.76 Your hole cardsA10   herbiemushFold    pokastarCall £0.04£0.10£0.96devonfish5Fold    thethirdpoRaise £0.29£0.39£3.65SlebogFold    jamiesmithCall £0.25£0.64£1.51pokastarFold    Flop  Q8J   jamiesmithCheck    thethirdpoBet £0.32£0.96£3.33jamiesmithAll-in £1.51£2.47£0.00thethirdpoCall £1.19£3.66£2.14jamiesmithShow7Q   thethirdpoShowA10   Turn  3   River  10   jamiesmithWinPair of Queens£3.38 £3.38

Comments

• edited September 2011
    13 clean outs, +3 dirty outs

call is fine, shove flop i think is better i finks

lead is better if oppo is deeper but can't see a reason not to get it in with 52% clean, 64% dirty
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks, could you explain to me what you mean by a 'dirty' out lol?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Should I have called this?:
    Thanks, could you explain to me what you mean by a 'dirty' out lol?
    Posted by thethirdpo
    Your 3 aces may be outs but they may be dirty because he may have AQ, so therefore they will not count as clean as in always a winner when you hit the big A overcard
  • edited September 2011
    Ah okay, get ya. Don't I have even more outs as well? 9 for the flush, 4 kings, 4 9s then 3 aces, minus the 2 duplicates, isn't that like 18 or something?
  • edited September 2011
    for effective stacks this is an auto jam for me bud.
  • edited September 2011
    yea insta call. WP and get there next time :) .
  • edited September 2011

Yeah you have enough outs ) The nines are dirty, K10 makes em dirty, but yeah take away duplicates in your flush draw you still have enough

Need to get these outs worked out roughly in your head, you only have 15 seconds to act so… quick,quick fold/call or raise )

Just concentrate on your clean outs and dismiss dirty outs but they can also figure in your estimations regarding oppo’s range.

If you work out you have 13 outs then I finks it’s an auto get it in situation with 52% and run good. I mean max your 72% so hey ho not much too think about.

• edited September 2011
    Thanks, 

Rancid, I don't suppose you could take me through how you get to those percentages so I could use the formula myself in future? :)
  • edited September 2011
    I think I might have figured it..

Is it (((13/49) X100) X2)?
  • edited September 2011
    bet/call is fine. Never bet unless you intend calling it off with that much equity

You have 18 outs on the flop, as rancid says the As may not always be good, sometimes a 9 may be dirty too( although if it is you are in good shape to win hand as you are ahead now)

Use pokerstove if you want to calculate your exact equity. The rule of outs X2 for 1 card to come and X4 for 2 cards to come is a good rough rule of thumb, although the X4 overestimates your equity when you have more than about 10 outs. According to pokerstove you are 62% to win here, but his overall range is prob stronger than Q7 off. You only need just less thsn 33% equity as you are getting over 2/1 on your money. In general if you think you have more than ~12 outs getting it in will be fine
  • edited September 2011
    With stacksize of villain you have to call.