You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anyone play this differently?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
The flat pre-flop was because of the short stack acting behind me and to induce a c-bet from the small blind raiser.

and I appologise if I get this wrong, never posted a hand before!
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Brookesy Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £9.90
Slykllist Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.58
ollier03 Big blind  £0.10 £0.25 £1.40
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

ollier03 Check     
gthow Fold     
tyler88 Fold     
DAVEASAP69 Fold     
Brookesy Raise  £0.30 £0.55 £9.60
Slykllist Call  £0.25 £0.80 £9.33
ollier03 Call  £0.25 £1.05 £1.15
Flop

• Q

Brookesy Bet  £0.53 £1.58 £9.07
Slykllist Raise  £1.15 £2.73 £8.18
ollier03 All-in  £1.15 £3.88 £0.00
Brookesy Call  £0.62 £4.50 £8.45
Turn

Brookesy Check     
Slykllist Bet  £2.75 £7.25 £5.43
Brookesy Fold     
Slykllist Unmatched bet  £2.75 £4.50 £8.18
Slykllist Show
  • A
  • A

ollier03 Show

River

ollier03 Win Three 8s £4.16  £4.16

Comments

• edited September 2011
    I reckon no matter what ya did pre flop  i still think the shorty was gonna come along for the ride with any 2 cards
  • edited September 2011
    I  3bet pre, as Im much more interested in stacking the sb than the shorty, he may well come along anyway. I dont mind flatting if there is a big chance he shoves behind, but I doubt thats the case here
  • edited September 2011
    At these levels always three bet with aces pre-flop. This guy over-played his hand and got lucky AFTER the money went in so don't worry. As it's less than half a stack you did right to make a bet on the end. You were likely beating the other player and if he calls you win some of you money back in the side pot.

Just unlucky but don't worry about short-stacks when you have aces. You should be 3-betting to fold out garbage hands and induce a 4-bet shove from a smaller pair.
  • edited September 2011
    Flat calling preflop is NOT good.

Getting aces is good but getting them with a raise infront is like winning the lottory so you then have to reraise to around £1 and pray to god he shoves/raises again.

On flop facing donkbet make a bigger raise NOT minraise, about £1.80-£2 maybe more.

Turn bet bit bigger imo £3.20 ish.
  • edited September 2011
    Only read OP.  Think you've kind of out levelled yourself here bud.

I wouldnt be thinking of the shorty in the slightest.  I'd be looking at the man who can give us value.

But equally we dont really want to allow shortie to jam here as opener may just lose interest with you acting behind if he stations it.  Also if the shorty flats it your playing in mid pos post, vs two polarised stack sizes,

Interesting thoughts in general, but just go for who can pay you off here