You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TOO BIG??

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Is my 3bet a bit on the steep side ? am i losing customers by doin this ?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
debdobs_67 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £16.10
DN34689 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £26.99
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

wacko100 Fold     
steve1602 Fold     
INFINITYEV Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £23.55
debdobs_67 Raise  £2.10 £3.00 £14.00
DN34689 Fold     
INFINITYEV Fold     
debdobs_67 Muck     
debdobs_67 Win  £1.40  £15.40
debdobs_67 Return  £1.60 £0.00 £17.00

Comments

• edited September 2011
    PS this was a hand i got directly after losing a pot so no time to top up , b4 any smarty panty's suggest i play short ;))
  • edited September 2011
    dont think personally its too big a like 2 make my 3 bets just over 3x what my opponent initially raised no matter if its aces or 109 suited,and it was a button raise so can be raisin with wide range just ul he neva had anyting that time round.
  • edited September 2011

This guy's one of the best agro regs at this level, and prob the best button player....

I suspect he'd have been battering the blinds from the button, how have you been responding to his opens throughout the session?

I don't mind 3betting smaller here, or even dare I say "flatting" because of your stack size. But think I prefer a smaller 3b, just because a) getting 70xbb in in 3 streets is easier than getting 100xbb in and b) villain is capable of 4 betting light in some sitiations so obviously we want to encourage him to do so here.
  • edited September 2011
    full stacked if you 3bet wide I like the sizing

70BB deep, or if you dont 3bet much you can prob make it a bit smaller for reasons doh gives
  • edited September 2011
    Maybe a bit less like £1.80 but I don't think that would make a difference if he was opening wide anyway to try and target the big blind.

Don't like the idea of just flatting but maybe it's an option if you think he can get attached to a marginal hand on the flop like TPWK.
  • edited September 2011
    nope perfect sizing imo, your on the sb the least profitable and hardest position to play.
  • edited September 2011
    Thnx all for ure replies , and i think this is 1 situation when Auto Top Up would be such a good thing , oh well 1 day i spose
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: TOO BIG??:
    This guy's one of the best agro regs at this level, and prob the best button player.... I suspect he'd have been battering the blinds from the button, how have you been responding to his opens throughout the session? I don't mind 3betting smaller here, or even dare I say "flatting" because of your stack size. But think I prefer a smaller 3b, just because a) getting 70xbb in in 3 streets is easier than getting 100xbb in and b) villain is capable of 4 betting light in some sitiations so obviously we want to encourage him to do so here.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeah ive been on a few tables with him now and have gd notes on him as ya say very aggro , i know he has a wide range-ish openin play so in this kind of situation i play my hand slowish to see a flop BUT surely on some occasions he HAS to have a gd hand and i was kinda hoping this was one of them