You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

just another reason why i get annoyed at people on the tables

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #414756434 (13:33 16/09/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
sillymunch Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.11
TT77 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.21
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

slimy101 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £4.93
Brynsta Fold     
sillymunch Raise  £0.10 £0.20 £4.01
TT77 Fold     
slimy101 Call  £0.08 £0.28 £4.85
Flop

• A
  • K

sillymunch Check     
slimy101 Check     
Turn

• A

sillymunch Check     
slimy101 Check     
River

• Q

sillymunch Bet  £0.88 £1.16 £3.13
slimy101 Raise  £2.92 £4.08 £1.93
sillymunch Call  £2.04 £6.12 £1.09
slimy101 Show

sillymunch Muck
  • K
  • Q

slimy101 Win Flush to the Ace £5.66  £7.59

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Got to admit I hate the way you play this hand bud.  I dont get the size of the pre flop raise, or why it gets checked through streets.  You should be trying to build a pot here.  But then commit to a really bad river card, that doesnt help your hand.
  • edited September 2011

I think you played this  badly tbh. Listen to what Dohhhh says about it.
  • edited September 2011
    I think this is the worst you could have played this!

Pre, if your going to raise at least make it a proper raise

Flop if you bet you have 2 ways of winning the pot

River you bet when you are never beating anything and your drawing dead

Cruel to be kind
  • edited September 2011
    ah i misread when we discussed this easier seeing the hand mate,

raise min of 20p at NL4.

flop c-bet about 44p (when done properly pre)

turn bnet about £1

River hang your head in discust that the board crippled you,
  • edited September 2011
    I will be honest ;o the way it played out, pre flop i put in a 12p raise and it was prety small, but its still a 3x raise, should be enough to get rid of the cards he was using anyhow, but i think even if i had raised it to 20p this guy was gonna call me, so yes i should of raised more pre, but on this occasion it wouldnt of made a difference

My notes on this guy were also the reason i played it the way i did
    notes said "this guy raises even if he has hit the small pair of the board, so i checked it to him knowing if he had the ace he would raise, when the second ace appeared i figured he will definately raise if he has one, since he didnt raise i could safely say he didnt have an ace

Then i hit two pair, one thing i missed is my Queen was counterfeit, and yes that was my bad reading of the community cards, however the reason i called his re raise is because i took into consideration what everyone says about NL4, everybody is always telling me bet strongly because nobody slow plays at NL4, so if i didnt think he had an ace, and if nobody in NL4 slow plays then i could rule out a set and flush, so i decided to bet big. Well clearly they do slow play at this level.
  • edited September 2011
    You don't bet big to make worse hands go away.

You bet big because people will call with junk hands. This is what you want to happen.

When players call with worse hands than the one that you hold, you win money. 

---------------

I would be betting flop, turn and river here, assuming you don't get raised at any point.
  • edited September 2011
    Deleted as a politer way was above as JJ says ;)
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah listen to all of the above posts, at NL4 wack that bar up or type in any number that comes into your head but make it bigger than 3x.

The player in question does play any 2 cards and calls bigger raises than this with any 2 cards, therefore all the more reason to raise bigger.

• edited September 2011

I've changed my mind, If I bet flop and turn and got called twice I wud prob check/call the river depending on the size of his bet.

Think flop and turn are clear bets though.

-----

As played, you've really overplayed your hand on the river! But you mis-read the board so you already know that.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: just another reason why i get annoyed at people on the tables:
    Deleted as a politer way was above as JJ says ;)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
     PMT m8 ?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: just another reason why i get annoyed at people on the tables:
    In Response to Re: just another reason why i get annoyed at people on the tables :  PMT m8 ?
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    OFC not but sometimes its like your head banging against a brick wall and i said i wouldn't post on the thread lol
  • edited September 2011
    OFC not but sometimes its like your head banging against a brick wall and i said i wouldn't post on the thread lol
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN

Hey m8. Weren't you once the sillymunch of yesteryear ? Unlike you to be tetchy tho. I thought you preferred wummery to aggro ?  Is everything ok man ?  Maybe logdon can give you some hugs ?
    Keep posting on this thread ;)
  • edited September 2011
    LOL im coolio thanks and yes i used to post all the time on here tbf

it's one thing people who post for advice but then to come back and say i raised it this amount for this reason and not even acknowledge what people say. That was really my point everyone needs to learn but its how you ask for it and how you act aswell.

anyway back on thread ;)
  • edited September 2011
    what do you mean WAS the sillymunch of yester year!
  • edited September 2011
    what do you mean WAS the sillymunch of yester year!
    Posted by pod1
    No thats Don silly! ;)
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    LOL im coolio thanks and yes i used to post all the time on here tbf it's one thing people who post for advice but then to come back and say i raised it this amount for this reason and not even acknowledge what people say. That was really my point everyone needs to learn but its how you ask for it and how you act aswell. anyway back on thread ;)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    i acknowledged what people said, i didnt acknowledge DON cus i didnt see his post till just now, two people said they hate the way i played the hand, and so i pointed out the reasoning behind why, Dohhhh has explained the reasoning of why we bet bigger, and to be quite honest i didnt even realise this was the reason, i always thought we bet big to get rid of smaller pairs and suited connectors, but now that DOHH and whoever else repeated it i can make these raises sizes and understand why i should be raising so high.

The point of this post was the fact that on NL4, The person slow played it, something that i have been told never happens at NL4, but from speaking to other NL4 players it does happen, so now i will have to adjust my game, and yes i have aknowledged everything people have said in this post and taken it on board, i wasnt gonna reply but to say i didnt acknowledge what people said was harsh cus as already stated the only post i didnt acknowledge was Dons, and thats cus i didnt see it

• edited September 2011
    keeping going munch,it is a steep learning curve mate.
  • edited September 2011
    keeping going munch,it is a steep learning curve mate.
    Posted by pod1
    +1.

Just take as much advice as you can from these guys. They have helped me become a regular winning player at lower stakes from an absolute maniac who hadnt a clue. Keep posting on here, watch the sky poker channel and keep playing. It WILL click if you work at it hard enough.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: just another reason why i get annoyed at people on the tables : +1. Just take as much advice as you can from these guys. They have helped me become a regular winning player at lower stakes from an absolute maniac who hadnt a clue. Keep posting on here, watch the sky poker channel and keep playing. It WILL click if you work at it hard enough.
    Posted by DrSharp
    oh i am :) i know there are a few things to learn, as someone autistic telling me one thing and explaining why makes a huge difference to me ;o if i can understand the reasoning then its easier to impliment into my game, if i misunderstand then thats my bad xD anyways bout to post up another hand :)
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: just another reason why i get annoyed at people on the tables : i acknowledged what people said, i didnt acknowledge DON cus i didnt see his post till just now, two people said they hate the way i played the hand, and so i pointed out the reasoning behind why, Dohhhh has explained the reasoning of why we bet bigger, and to be quite honest i didnt even realise this was the reason, i always thought we bet big to get rid of smaller pairs and suited connectors, but now that DOHH and whoever else repeated it i can make these raises sizes and understand why i should be raising so high. The point of this post was the fact that on NL4, The person slow played it, something that i have been told never happens at NL4, but from speaking to other NL4 players it does happen, so now i will have to adjust my game, and yes i have aknowledged everything people have said in this post and taken it on board, i wasnt gonna reply but to say i didnt acknowledge what people said was harsh cus as already stated the only post i didnt acknowledge was Dons, and thats cus i didnt see it
    Posted by sillymunch
    I doubt you've been told it never happens at 4NL, what's more likely is YOU were told to NEVER slowplay and that is correct. You get called off so light at 4NL so checking with a monster is just losing value. He slowplayed it but clearly he's not exactly a solid player when he's calling raises pre with 510s even though it was a tiny raise.

I've lost count of how many times I've said to you that your raise size with good hands need to be AT LEAST 20p and still you're not doing it. Yes in this case you would have lost more but 99% of the time, he doesn't flop a flush and you're winning the hand.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: just another reason why i get annoyed at people on the tables : I doubt you've been told it never happens at 4NL, what's more likely is YOU were told to NEVER slowplay and that is correct. You get called off so light at 4NL so checking with a monster is just losing value. He slowplayed it but clearly he's not exactly a solid player when he's calling raises pre with 510s even though it was a tiny raise. I've lost count of how many times I've said to you that your raise size with good hands need to be AT LEAST 20p and still you're not doing it. Yes in this case you would have lost more but 99% of the time, he doesn't flop a flush and you're winning the hand.
    Posted by Lambert180
    actually :) since this thread and was explained the reasoning of why we raise to 20p, i always raise to 20p :) so it may have taken a while but im understanding it a lot better now