You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

played badly? or played well?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
thethirdpo Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.90
weeburns07 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.92
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

mair1981 Fold     
sillymunch Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £4.40
carpadium Call  £0.20 £0.46 £1.92
Hgard07 Fold     
thethirdpo Fold     
weeburns07 Fold     
Flop

• J

sillymunch Bet  £0.44 £0.90 £3.96
carpadium Call  £0.44 £1.34 £1.48
Turn

• K

sillymunch Check     
carpadium Bet  £0.36 £1.70 £1.12
sillymunch Call  £0.36 £2.06 £3.60
River

• J

sillymunch Check     
carpadium Bet  £0.48 £2.54 £0.64
sillymunch All-in  £3.60 £6.14 £0.00
carpadium All-in  £0.64 £6.78 £0.00
sillymunch Unmatched bet  £2.48

Comments

• edited September 2011

At this level I would just put him all in on the river myself rather than check raising.

But other than that it's spot on.
  • edited September 2011
    i lost the guy had KJ xD lol, but im glad you guys have agreed that i played it well, except the check raise at the end
  • edited September 2011
    played fine i'd shove river also

UL he shows up with KJ cooler
  • edited September 2011
    Yeah played well except the river, by checking you could miss out on alot of value but unlucky that he had KJ. Personally I was thinking you could bet again on the turn but betters players above have not said this so I'd go with them. I just think the number of hands from his range where he has a K there are pretty small. When you bet like that on the flop, the only thing he calls with that involves a king is KK (which I ignore because of flat call pre), K9 and KJ, which it turns out he had but yeah I think you could get called by worse on the turn.
  • edited September 2011
    I prob bet the turn for value, esp oop readless.

as played I like the river c/r
  • edited September 2011

You played it fine. Any set would likely raise you on the flop. Your opponent's hand looks like a king or a jack. I'm not sure about the c/r on the river though either. On the one hand a check might induce a bet from a bare king or a busted flush draw that would just flat call a value bet or fold to a jam. However he only has £1.12 left and the pot is £2.06. He's not going to shove on the end as a bluff (or he shouldn't)

If he has a full stack at the beginning of the hand then he would have £3.20 left at the river. In this instance a check raise might get his whole stack, while a value bet would only get raised by a full house. Pay attention to your opponent's stack from the very start of the hand. You have four streets of betting and you want their whole stack in the middle by the end of the hand
  • edited September 2011
    Dont check river. SET HIM IN!

King Jack is a bit of a worry but you could say that about any hand. Just think about how many other hands you are beating. Got to be a money making shove over time.