You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

unreal calls and bad beats

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ive been playing on Sky Poker for a few months now, I like it but have noticed some real bad beats latly and unreal calls. The 1st one came a few days ago, I'm in the big blind of $100 and have been rasied by the button to $500, ive got 56 diamonds , so decide to call to see if i get lucky and i have $12,000 behind. Flop comes 9 D 10 D Q H, I have a flush draw and decide to lead out & bet $750, I get called straight away. tURN COMES 8 OF CLUBS, i bet out this time of $1600, I get called again, this time im worried but i still have a possible flush draw-RIVER COMES A 2 OF HEARTS (NOTHING) I have about $9000 behind , so I think if I push he will hopefully fold, I push for 95% of his stack & he thinks then calls. I'M gutted expecting to trips or 2 pair or even the nut straight having think I played this game but no what I seen made me feel like I don't want to play again ACE 4, I have been called by ACE HIGH, even after i have rasied twice and pushed all my big stack ACE HIGH, is this fixed or am I just playing someone who has never palyed before? your thoughts please.

The 2nd 1 came later same day, pocket queens, pre flop rasie x4 and called, flop Q s, 8D , 2 C, I bet agin and was re rasied min. I push for all my $7000 smiling and was actually called by ACE Jack of spades but only 1 spade on flop , turn a spade, river a spade, gutted, I asked why he put all his stack in with nothing and he said I felt lucky and was going for the FLUSH, he actually said this?

whats your thoughts Jimchree24

Comments

• edited September 2011
    The only part of this that i dont understand is, you are on a flush draw. and you lead out with 3/4 pot raise, when you are drawing you can call half a pot raise to give yourself the pot odds, so your actually giving yourself an unprofitable raise, 

the fact that you have been called on 3 stretches suggests your not getting rid of this customer so you should of slowed down, 

second one you got outdrawn it happens, this is a bad beat, but you want these kinda players calling you so dont complain for losing this one, just make sure you keep making it unprofitable for your opponents to call
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: unreal calls and bad beats:
    The only part of this that i dont understand is, you are on a flush draw. and you lead out with 3/4 pot raise, when you are drawing you can call half a pot raise to give yourself the pot odds, so your actually giving yourself an unprofitable raise,  the fact that you have been called on 3 stretches suggests your not getting rid of this customer so you should of slowed down,  second one you got outdrawn it happens, this is a bad beat, but you want these kinda players calling you so dont complain for losing this one, just make sure you keep making it unprofitable for your opponents to call
    Posted by sillymunch
    what are you talking about in first paragraph? I dont get it

OP, fold pre in hand 1. I dont lead flop, just give up on turn
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: unreal calls and bad beats:
    The only part of this that i dont understand is, you are on a flush draw. and you lead out with 3/4 pot raise, when you are drawing you can call half a pot raise to give yourself the pot odds, so your actually giving yourself an unprofitable raise,  the fact that you have been called on 3 stretches suggests your not getting rid of this customer so you should of slowed down,  second one you got outdrawn it happens, this is a bad beat, but you want these kinda players calling you so dont complain for losing this one, just make sure you keep making it unprofitable for your opponents to call
    Posted by sillymunch
    fair do, points taken on all accounts, still learning,thanks for the replies