You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Predictions for next season!

edited April 2010 in The Shed
After a dramatic final premiership weekend give me your shouts for next season.

Will Burnley Stay up? Will Manchester United triumph again, and..... will Newcastle bounce straight back (fingers crossed!!)

Comments

• edited May 2009
    I don't usually do these until late July/early August when there's been a few comings & goings but here goes:

PREM - MANYOO
    RELEGATED - Birmingham, Burnley & Hull

CHAMPIONSHIP - West Brom
    PROMOTED - Newcastle & Ipswich
    RELEGATED - Scunthorpe, Watford (particularly if Rogers leaves) & Barnsley

LEAGUE 1 - Norwich
    PROMOTED - Leeds & Charlton
    RELEGATED - Exeter, Wycombe, Yeovil & Hartlepool

LEAGUE 2 - Crewe
    PROMOTED - Northampton, Bury & Rotherham
    RELEGATED - Macclesfield & Burton

My picks may well change early August though!
  • edited June 2009
    English Premiership;

Champions: Manchester United
    Runners-up: Chelsea
    3rd: Arsenal
    4th: Liverpool
    Relegated: Sunderland, Blackburn, Wolves

Scottish Premier League;

Champions: Celtic
    Runners-up: Rangers
    3rd: Dundee United
    4th: Heart of Midlothian
    Relegated: F alkirk
  • edited June 2009
    champions: birmingham city

relegated: aston villa, wolves and newcastle (oh no, already gone), hull then
  • edited June 2009
    prem - man utd
    runners up chelski
    3rd - scu m
    4th arsenal

championship... 1st - boro
    2nd swansea
    3rd newcastle

champions league  - man utd to beat real in the final.... av that ronaldo lol
  • edited June 2009
    prem 1 liverpool 2 man u 3 arsenal 4 man city           championship preston north end 2 reading 
  • edited June 2009

Prem

1. Liverpool (if they keep torres)
    2. Man u
    3. Arsenal
    4. chelsea

6. rovers!

18. sunderland
    19. hull
    20. burnley!!!

• edited June 2009
    I think Burnley will do a 'Hull', have a good first half of the season and do just enough to survive a battering in the second half when their squad is stretched through injuries, fatigue, and the pressures of the prem.

I'd say top four will remain as ever, with Man city and Everton winning the best of the rest league.  Behind them West Ham (hopefully!), Vila and Spurs.

I expect Blackburn to have a better season than last and possibly squeeze in the top half too.
  • edited June 2009
    Man city to break into top 4 and tevez top goalscorer!
  • edited June 2009
    PREM = CHELSEA come on you blues!
  • edited June 2009
    In Response to Predictions for next season!:
    After a dramatic final premiership weekend give me your shouts for next season. Will Burnley Stay up? Will Manchester United triumph again, and..... will Newcastle bounce straight back (fingers crossed!!)
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    As always as a southerner, and an avid man u supporter, i have to say that my money is going on the reds once again.
    Allthough each time united have played Liverpool, my wallet has been lighter,lol.
  • edited June 2009
    Celtic to win the domestic treble in Scotland!!!!

Get involved!

Nottingham Forrest to get promoted!!
  • edited July 2009
    As a Real Madrid fan, what would I know about the EPL?

But.... Chelsea or Man Utd ( Liverpool minus Alonso AND Mascherano = NO TITLE< AGAIN!!!!)

relegated:- HULL,
  • edited July 2009

PREMIERSHIP - 1ST - Liverpool
                                2ND - Chelsea
                                3RD - Man utd
                                4TH - Man city

RELEGATED -   Hull City /  Burnley  /  Wigan Athletic

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: Predictions for next season!:
    Prem 1. Liverpool (if they keep torres) 2. Man u 3. Arsenal 4. chelsea 6. rovers! 18. sunderland 19. hull 20. burnley!!!
    Posted by payneh19
    If we keep Torres? I don't even think Madrid could afford him, Liverpool for the double!!!
  • edited July 2009
      CELTIC TO WIN THE LEAGUE IN SCOTLAND COMON THE HOOPS............ MAN U TO WIN ENGLISH PREM                                                                                      
  • edited July 2009

CHELSEA PREM,IPSWICH CHAMPIONSHIP
    PORTSMOUTH TO GO DOWN NO PLAYERS,NO MANAGER STILL NO SIGN OF THE DOCS CASH 7/1 ODDS GET ON!!!

• edited July 2009
    Palace could be a good each way bet for Championship.  ManC may break into top 4, but not sure who will drop out.  I am hoping the Arsenal will still be up there.  Portsmouth could be the team to struggle - I predict they will go down with Hull and Burnley.
  • edited July 2009
    as a big swindon town fan (appologies,  brought up there)  here is my top tip for top scorer in champ. next season     simon cox  top scorer if his move to west brom goes thru    won a lovely packet on him last season when he tied top scorer in league 1    he is class and should not find a problem in moving up a division    u heard it here 1st    cheers
  • edited July 2009

CHELSEA PREM,IPSWICH CHAMPIONSHIP PORTSMOUTH TO GO DOWN NO PLAYERS,NO MANAGER STILL NO SIGN OF THE DOCS CASH 7/1 ODDS GET ON!!!
    Posted by BADBOY985
    I've already backed Pompey to go down. Also, Luton will absolutely walk away with the Conference and are a steal at 3/1.

Shorter term, my club Chester are a cracking bet at 7/4 with skybet to beat Grays Athletic in our first game on 8th August. We've got a new manager with a whole new squad of 20 players. Sure, we got relegated into the conference last season, but we're basically a league 2 outfit and Grays Athletic are out of their depth.

7/4 is free money.

• edited April 2010
    Palace could be a good each way bet for Championship.  ManC may break into top 4, but not sure who will drop out.  I am hoping the Arsenal will still be up there.  Portsmouth could be the team to struggle - I predict they will go down with Hull and Burnley.
    Posted by SoLack
    Apart form Palace not a bad little prediciton there, hope you got some money on it.

Gareth

p.s dont know what i was doing on page 39 of the shed
  • edited April 2010
    CHELSEA PREM,IPSWICH CHAMPIONSHIP PORTSMOUTH TO GO DOWN NO PLAYERS,NO MANAGER STILL NO SIGN OF THE DOCS CASH 7/1 ODDS GET ON!!!
    Posted by BADBOY985
    SO RIGHT YET SO PAINFUL
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Predictions for next season! : Apart form Palace not a bad little prediciton there, hope you got some money on it. Gareth p.s dont know what i was doing on page 39 of the shed
    Posted by 35suited
    REMEMBER POSTING ON A THREAD WAY BACK THEN BUT COULNT FIND IT. 39 PAGES BACK EH MIND YOU 12 PAGES OF THOSE WERE PROBABLY STARTED BY GAZCAZ LOL
  • edited April 2010
    Predictions?  One constant heartache
  • edited April 2010
    Celtic to win the domestic treble in Scotland!!!! Get involved! Nottingham Forrest to get promoted!!
    Posted by JK_9
    A like it m8 hope so
  • edited April 2010
    Hibs to win the Scottish Cup