You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live etiquitte question

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
A while back I started playing in a pub game £10 freeze out. I stopped going partly because of the following situation but mostly because I didn't really like the structure.

Standard shuffling rules where the button would shuffle and hand to their right for a cut. A player who seemed a little drunk and quite aggressive (in his manner at the table and the way he was playing) shuffled the cards with an over hand shuffle but with the cards facing up - so all at the table could see where the cards were going in the deck pretty much. I asked him to shuffle them face down. He acted like he didn't hear me then passed them for a cut. On the next orbit he did the same so this time I asked louder and politly insisted that he shuffle them face down. He didn't but give them a few cuts with the cards face down after finishing his shuffle. Then passed them for a cut which I didn't see as I was counting my chips. The cut-off then joined in the debate saying that I should watch the cut if I'm going to complain about a shuffle.

I didn't play the hand and he was out before the next orbit anyway. But what should you do in a live game with players who you don't know when you are not happy with a shuffle?

Comments