You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call or Fold?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Readless
mummy2b15 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £8.52
jamboGJ Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.90
  Your hole cards

x Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £9.39
PokerPicks Fold        
Dudeskin8 Call   £0.30 £0.75 £9.69
jcannon183 Fold        
mummy2b15 Fold        
jamboGJ Fold        
Flop

• A

x Bet   £0.55 £1.30 £8.84
Dudeskin8 Raise   £1.50 £2.80 £8.19
x Call   £0.95 £3.75 £7.89
Turn

x Check        
Dudeskin8 Bet   £1.60 £5.35 £6.59
x Call   £1.60 £6.95 £6.29
River

x Bet   £5.00 £11.95 £1.29
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Tricky tbh, not sure he c/c's turn when making his hand, but river lead is suspect.

As always is going to be dynamic dependant. 

FWIW for what he has back i'm raising not calling, or folding..  Prob get stubborn and put him in though I think.
  • edited September 2011
    I like the way youve played the hand and tbh im ONLY callin here , yeah ya may be beat BUT i keep hearin that long term foldin sets is NOT +EV
  • edited September 2011
    he has £1.29 behind, pot being £17 when we flat the £5.  If we cant put him in for the £1,29, dont think we should be calling the £5.

It is tricky, but once we make the decision to call, leaving behind the £1.29 is pointless.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Call or Fold?:
    he has £1.29 behind, pot being £17 when we flat the £5.  If we cant put him in for the £1,29, dont think we should be calling the £5. It is tricky, but once we make the decision to call, leaving behind the £1.29 is pointless.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Haha i didnt look at the stack size here , oops ;)
  • edited September 2011
    Bet abit bigger on turn.

Get it in now.
  • edited September 2011

I agree with ambyr and debdobs i`m personally shovin it allin yeah he might have the flush but he may also have a big ace or 2 pair and he aint foldin now for his last £1.29 what did he have lol? `I`m goin for aq or aj wae the ace bein a club.

• edited September 2011
    Why did I pick such a stupid bleeding name that eternally gets misquoted!?! lol

Oh now I remember...so that I'd remember to manage my BR.....Hows that working out Dean?  Not well Amybr.  Talking to yourself is the first sign of crazy you know Dean......  I'm not talking to you Amybr.....

EDIT:  Perhaps slightly too much whiskey with sunday roast.

2nd Edit:  On reading this back why do I think of Karl Pilkington?
  • edited September 2011
    Bet abit bigger on turn. Get it in now.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    So I asume you bet bigger and call shove ?

Also you would shove here not just flat is that because he has just a little bit behind or would you do same if he had like £3 ?
  • edited September 2011
    Why did I pick such a stupid bleeding name that eternally gets misquoted!?! lol Oh now I remember...so that I'd remember to manage my BR.....Hows that working out Dean?  Not well Amybr.  Talking to yourself is the first sign of crazy you know Dean......  I'm not talking to you Amybr..... EDIT:  Perhaps slightly too much whiskey with sunday roast. 2nd Edit:  On reading this back why do I think of Karl Pilkington?
    Posted by AMYBR
    sorry m8 a was playin 2 tables while posting on the forum lol
  • edited September 2011
    Finks raise bigger on flop and call any shove, + bigger on turn + call any shove
    Not folding - he not c/r turn so I think your good, probs A5 :s

But I am a station so.... just looking to bash it in on flop tbh
  • edited September 2011
    Very tough i'd bet bigger on flop, then turn which commits us so would have to call

As played i think you can just about fold looks like he has the flush here