You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Nothing at all yeah??

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Player had not been at table long and had hardly played a hand , im not beating anything here am i ??
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Vaper Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £20.08
tarnished Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £7.80
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

AlphaShark Call  £0.20 £0.50 £18.73
debdobs_67 Raise  £0.80 £1.30 £38.12
andybeth Fold     
Vaper Fold     
tarnished Fold     
AlphaShark All-in  £18.73 £20.03 £0.00
debdobs_67 Fold     
AlphaShark Muck     
AlphaShark Win  £1.90  £1.90
AlphaShark Return  £18.13 £0.00 £20.03

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Erm yes you are, your beating AK and have a blocker, AQ(unlikely they have) JJ and lower i'd call readless if they have Aces/Kings make a note as im not folding QQ readless pre
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Nothing at all yeah??:
    Erm yes you are, your beating AK and have a blocker, AQ(unlikely they have) JJ and lower i'd call readless if they have Aces/Kings make a note as im not folding QQ readless pre
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Yeah this dont crop up too often does it , he limps utg and then wants to stack off at my 4xbb raise , just seemed very odd , when this has happened in the past ive usually faced AA or KK , but since i started this level this is the 1st time its happened thats why i want players opinions.Ty m8
  • edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    Yes i agree it could be aces but unless you know how wide thre playing you wont know, my philosphy would be to call. I probably wouldnt with JJ in this spot but some people dont like playing JJ & 10s, although more likely AK, AA, KK in this spot i think its worthwhile in the long run, hey if they have AA, KK just bink a set ftw ;)

I really dont know again probably best to see what Dohhhh, or better cash players say
  • edited September 2011
    your space bar must be comming out in sympathy with my font size button jj. yeah i call and then hit the reload button (maybe)
  • edited September 2011
    Readless this is a call but I can see why you folded, wanting to be risk averse.
  • edited September 2011
    call - cringe - note
  • edited September 2011
    Readless this is a call but I can see why you folded, wanting to be risk averse.
    Posted by scotty77
    Interested as to why its a call readless

I'd call too but I'm wondering if I'm throwing money away because more often then not the ureadless seem to come up with AA/KK here.
  • edited September 2011
    Do people just shove pocket Aces and Kings at this level from here? If he has he is missing loads of value.

I probably call this if i am rolled properly. Looks like someone who doesnt know what to do with A,K to me.
  • edited September 2011
    I think this might be a fold, but obv depends what tightish looking unknowns average range for doing this is. You need him to have a range of JJ+,AK (47% equity) at least. I find this is more often KK+ than a smaller pair, but havent played much 20NL here
  • edited September 2011
    I think this might be a fold, but obv depends what tightish looking unknowns average range for doing this is. You need him to have a range of JJ+,AK (47% equity) at least. I find this is more often KK+ than a smaller pair, but havent played MUCH 20NL here
    Posted by grantorino
    Yep u hit the nail right on the head , that was my ONLY problem as bein new to this level , i only moved up a week ago , i aint really aware if LESS than JJ wants to limp and then stack off 90+bb's deep.
  • ybyb
    edited September 2011
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    the fact that we have a blocker to AQ is a bad thing!
  • edited September 2011

Gotta admit I mis-read the HH again, and didn't see that he limp/jammed....

Thought it was just a cold 3b jam.

I'd still call, but nowhere near as confident.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Nothing at all yeah?? : the fact that we have a blocker to AQ is a bad thing!
    Posted by yb
    I didnt put that, i put blockers for AK eg for straights etc so gives us better %. AQ i put its unlikely because we have 2
  • edited September 2011
    Limp shove is nasty but I canny fold this unless I've seen him do it before which you clearly haven't.
  • edited September 2011
    Limp shove is nasty but I canny fold this unless I've seen him do it before which you clearly haven't.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Yeah i think the general opinion is call by the sounds of it , if im behind well fair enough , may bink and win but would have a gd note on player then and he multi's so im bound to cross swords with him plenty.
  • edited September 2011

From what everyone has said here he can only have 3 hands 2 of which your behind to. Is it worth not taking the risk and folding?? Hoping he does it again to someone else and then you can see what he has when this move is played

• edited September 2011
    From what everyone has said here he can only have 3 hands 2 of which your behind to. Is it worth not taking the risk and folding?? Hoping he does it again to someone else and then you can see what he has when this move is played
    Posted by Batkin88
    What did you 4bet fold with yesterday ?
  • edited September 2011
    Hmm, at my levels it's an instant call and I'm sure you already know but I thought you were getting better players at this level, or at least more good players.

Either way he's played it horribly, whether it's AA/KK or junk, so if we assume he's one of the idiots at this level, then I think you have to call.
  • edited September 2011
    Posted by Batkin88
    That was exactly what i was thinking.