You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Get in the Hole! (SEP 22nd - 25th)

edited September 2011 in Betting Chat
+1 on the Ogilvy pick.After watching yesterday said I would back him this week whatever the price.Dunno who else yet though

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Tour Championship

Main pick is Nick Watney, he had great final round yesterday and finished T4th in Tour Championship last year.

Geoff Ogilvy is my other pick. Seems to be finding some decent form. 3rd yesterday and a decent outing in this last year stands him in good stead.

Austrian Open

Very poor quality of field this week. Could be anyone's this.

Damian McGrane is my main pick here, he came 6th here last year and has had asome decent results last few months.

Finally for me its Danny Willett(*). He's largely had a poor year or so, but he has started showing signs that he's on the way back up. He came 3rd here last year and no reason he cant do well again considering the poor strength of the field.

(*) this may be subject to change, depending on what price he is, because they havent been published yet.

I will be adding e/w doubles again, il edit these into my post later.

Good luck!

EventPickOddsStakeTour ChampionshipNick Watney18/1£2 e/wTour ChampionshipGeoff Ogilvy25/1£2 e/wAustrian OpenDamian McGrane *TBC*£2 e/wAustrian OpenDanny Willett *TBC*£2 e/w
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT, It appears Danny Willett isn't playing, so i dont think he'll win in that case :P.

Iv now gone for another underachiever who has shown some signs of coming good again. It's Oliver Wilson. Hopefully he'll shine in this weak field.

EventPickOddsStakeTour ChampionshipNick Watney18/1£2 e/wTour ChampionshipGeoff Ogilvy25/1£2 e/wAustrian OpenDamian McGrane33/1£2 e/wAustrian OpenOliver Wilson80/1£2 e/w McGrane + Watney578/1£0.50 e/w McGrane + Ogilvy884/1£0.50 e/w Wilson + Watney1377/1£0.50 e/w Wilson + Ogilvy2106/1£0.50 e/w
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Get in the Hole! (SEP 22nd - 25th):
    +1 on the Ogilvy pick.After watching yesterday said I would back him this week whatever the price.Dunno who else yet though
    Posted by jackda
    Yeh 25/1 isn't too shabby either. Gl us!
  • edited September 2011
    Hi Splashies.

I see harrington, jimenez, kjeldsen and daly are playing austrian open.

Not sure i fancy your picks when lined up against these players but gl anyway.
  • edited September 2011
    Hi Splashies. I see harrington, jimenez, kjeldsen and daly are playing austrian open. Not sure i fancy your picks when lined up against these players but gl anyway.
    Posted by achill
    Thing is these players aren't in good form at all. Im really confident Damian McGrane will do well, but i admit Oliver Wilson is a huge gamble.

Good luck if ur having a go.
  • edited September 2011
    Have put £10 e/w on gary boyd being top Englishman @ 9/2.

Have covered it e/w because if he doesn't win i think its unlikely he won't be in the top four, he's easily the stand out player when compared to other Englishmen in the field.

Plus 9/2 are good odds when compared to what other sites are offering.

Be lucky.
  • edited September 2011
    Not going for Jason Day this week. I have given up on him.

Matt Kuchar       £ 2 E/w  Mr Consistent
    Geoff Ogilvy      £ 4 Win  Dead Cert
    Phil Nickelson    £ 2 E/w   Lefty is due a performance
    Chez Reavie      £ 1 E/w   Playing well and just need to hold it together.
  • edited September 2011
    Joost luiten to win in Europe with Nick Dougherty leaer after rd1. Also gone for Markus Brier e/w as its his home course and he isn't too bad a player.

PGA gone for Donald to win
  • edited September 2011
    I've gone for Benjamin Herbert in the Austrian Open at 40/1
    and David Toms in the Tour Championship at 25/1
  • edited September 2011

I have put E/W on the Tour Championship, but what place are Sky paying down to.
    30 players.  3rd or 4th ???

• edited September 2011
    I have put E/W on the Tour Championship, but what place are Sky paying down to. 30 players.  3rd or 4th ???  
    Posted by ALFIE123
    Its 4th

Good luck everyone.
  • edited September 2011
    Just typical.
    Given up on Jason Day then he decides to turn up and play a decent 36 holes.
    Got to stick a £ 5er on him at 7-1 or i will kick myself when he wins by 3 HAHA. 
  • edited September 2011

KJ Choi £10 win @ 7/1

• edited September 2011
    Bit annoying Joost bogying the last or he was in a play-off (not to mention a poor 3rd day or he would of won comfortably).

Luke Donald still in with a shout with a little help from the top 2. I also placed a bet on Luiten top 5 and Donald to win as a double, so still have that to look for.

Forgotten how to work the odds out again... 10/3 and 6/1 ??
  • edited September 2011
    Bit annoying Joost bogying the last or he was in a play-off (not to mention a poor 3rd day or he would of won comfortably). Luke Donald still in with a shout with a little help from the top 2. I also placed a bet on Luiten top 5 and Donald to win as a double, so still have that to look for. Forgotten how to work the odds out again... 10/3 and 6/1 ??
    Posted by FlashFlush
    10/3x (6+1) = 70/3=23 1/3

So you should gey £23.33 for a £1