You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Anything wrong here?

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
New player readless
ChippyB804 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £8.71
onthemoon Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £33.57
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Sneapy Fold        
molineuxma Call   £0.10 £0.25 £4.15
nice1sid Raise   £0.30 £0.55 £9.02
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.90 £1.45 £8.95
ChippyB804 Fold        
onthemoon Fold        
molineuxma Call   £0.80 £2.25 £3.35
nice1sid Call   £0.60 £2.85 £8.42
Flop

molineuxma Check        
nice1sid Bet   £1.43 £4.28 £6.99
Dudeskin8 Call   £1.43 £5.71 £7.52
molineuxma Fold        
Turn

nice1sid All-in   £6.99 £12.70 £0.00
Dudeskin8 All-in   £7.52 £20.22 £0.00
Dudeskin8 Unmatched bet   £0.53 £19.69 £0.53

Comments

• edited September 2011

Fold turn, there is definitely a case for folding flop too imo. You dont fare very well against his range here.

Whats the reasoning behind 3bet pre? What kind of range are you expecting to call? What you doing if either villain shoves? Whats the plan on flop? (Im not saying 3betting is bad btw)

EDIt: Maybe people go nuts with underpairs often enough idk

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Anything wrong here?:
    Fold turn, there is definitely a case for folding flop too imo. You dont fare very well against his range here. Whats the reasoning behind 3bet pre? What kind of range are you expecting to call? What you doing if either villain shoves? Whats the plan on flop? (Im not saying 3betting is bad btw) EDIt: Maybe people go nuts with underpairs often enough idk
    Posted by grantorino
    3bet was mainly to isolate short stack player who I believe will call VERY wide and hence will call shove from him and get it in on most flops without A/K on heads up. Other player also only plays one table so figure he will call with worse pairs under JJ and also A10+/K10+, if he shoves I probably have to fold so I get your point about flatting. Would you say ONLY 3bet QQ/AK in general as I just feel like if I just call with JJ I'm setmining but I guess it's like AQ which I would just flat so JJ the same ?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Anything wrong here?:
    In Response to Re: Anything wrong here? : 3bet was mainly to isolate short stack player who I believe will call VERY wide and hence will call shove from him and get it in on most flops without A/K on heads up. Other player also only plays one table so figure he will call with worse pairs under JJ and also A10+/K10+, if he shoves I probably have to fold so I get your point about flatting. Would you say ONLY 3bet QQ/AK in general as I just feel like if I just call with JJ I'm setmining but I guess it's like AQ which I would just flat so JJ the same ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    I think it depends what ure 3bettin upto , in this instance 3bettin to 90p seems fine , maybe im wrong ? dunno see what others think
  • edited September 2011
    jj are a tough hand to play but you have the button, but yes three bet there getting the cr ap hands to fold, improves your chances of winning and builds the pot so you can take down on a good flop.

My aim here would be to win the hand and i aint gonna win if i play passively so personally i would never call there ever!

It gets three way to a decent flop for jj pretty dry really and you would be good a lot of the time there so if it went check,check i would c-bet. but you get a donk lead of half pot, looks a bit weird. 

Calling is ok, but me i would raise to take the pot down jj are vulnerable(ovc shutting down if i got called) not folding at this point though!!. the turn is good and he shoves :S.... why is he shouting "I HAVE A TEN" ??

If i played 20 hands with this guy i would know what to do but otherwise its a fold for me, getting a better spot later and stack him....