You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Other than the call at the end when I know he's binked his flush

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Did I do anything wrong here?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceguernsey9Small blind 30.0030.006455.00RIVERBANKBig blind 60.0090.004440.00 Your hole cardsKJ   xCall 60.00150.001520.00Bhradain1Fold    SlykllistRaise 180.00330.004270.00guernsey9Fold    RIVERBANKFold    xCall 120.00450.001400.00Flop  7J2   xCheck    SlykllistBet 325.00775.003945.00xCall 325.001100.001075.00Turn  8   xCheck    SlykllistBet 600.001700.003345.00xCall 600.002300.00475.00River  2   xAll-in 475.002775.000.00SlykllistCall 475.003250.002870.00xShowA10   SlykllistShowKJ   xWinFlush to the Ace3250.00 3250.00

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Played perfect throughout.

even calling the river is good.
  • edited September 2011
    Makes no difference but might aswell set him in on the turn at least you would of got in ahead ;)
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Other than the call at the end when I know he's binked his flush:
    Makes no difference but might aswell set him in on the turn at least you would of got in ahead ;)
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    That was my conclusion too YOUNG GUN, especially as it was in a bounty hunter, although my bet sizing should have already told him he was playing for all his chips anyway.  I just can't believe he didn't push on either the flop or the turn if he's decided he's going all the way with this hand.

The call on the turn is what really annoyed me, he's getting less than 3:1 on his money for a 4:1 draw and only leaving himself 475 back and he still only makes the call, I could forgive him if he shoved!
  • edited September 2011
    Well if you put him on FD then set him in its easier

I wouldn't get annoyed with people making bad pot odds calls, as said by dohhhh the other day any bad calls just think long term thats +£ for you :) Nevermind UL
  • edited September 2011
    should of got it in on the turn but ppl dont like folding their pretty flush draws!
  • edited September 2011
    Yep just bet pot on turn.
  • edited September 2011
    I still think turn is fine. 

Dunno what difference potting the turn makes, prob makes him fold the worse hand more often than he would if we bet 600.

Which isn't good.

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Other than the call at the end when I know he's binked his flush:
    I still think turn is fine.  Dunno what difference potting the turn makes, prob makes him fold the worse hand more often than he would if we bet 600. Which isn't good.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Depends, he may fold some weaker hands in his range (prob not many imo) but he might also fold sometimes on river with missed draws or really weak hands that he stacks on turn with
  • edited September 2011
    Bigger on turn without shoving?

cud say the "all in" to call option scares players more than an actual number? loooool.

I think all 3 options are the same. 
  • edited September 2011
    Bigger on turn without shoving? cud say the "all in" to call option scares players more than an actual number? loooool. I think all 3 options are the same. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I agree with this DOHHHHHH, in my mind the 600 was exactly the same as setting him all-in, it's not a bet he can call and only leave himself 475 back.

In which case in retrospect on this occaision, I think a shove on the turn is a better move for me as against a poor player, perhaps the allin focusses his mind on the reality of what a call actually means.

That said, in this spot, i actually want him committing his whole stack most the time, in which case my play is pretty much optimal I think
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Other than the call at the end when I know he's binked his flush : I agree with this DOHHHHHH, in my mind the 600 was exactly the same as setting him all-in, it's not a bet he can call and only leave himself 475 back. In which case in retrospect on this occaision, I think a shove on the turn is a better move for me as against a poor player, perhaps the allin focusses his mind on the reality of what a call actually means. That said, in this spot, i actually want him committing his whole stack most the time, in which case my play is pretty much optimal I think
    Posted by Slykllist
    Yeh but this is bad coz he might fold.

+1 to the last bolded bit.

wp, just ul.
  • edited September 2011
    I still disagree here, Although i do think it plays out the same anyway but if he has fd and doesnt hit on the river then he wont call a bet IMO. Although works out the same but set in on turn that way your not missing out value on the river