You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

THE VERY LAST TIME

edited September 2011 in Area 51
I have played on skypoker since a few weeks after its launch, In that time I have seen many changes but as much as i hate to say it this last change is one too many.
As we all know and sky freely admits the hands we play when on line are enhanced and as lovers of the game we accept that fact and put up with some of the frustratingly annoying situations we find ourselves in with regards to Bad Beats as an occupational hazard and a price we pay for having 24hr a day access to the game we love. In the past I like the rest of you have groaned at the suckout and runner runner defeats and cheered when on OCCASION Ive been behind and caught a 2or 1 outer to inflict the same pain on others.
However and this is where I cant take it anymore, We now find ourselves in a situation where people are willfully and in some cases ONLY calling/jamiing from behind to win pots. This would normally be an ideal situation for any self respecting poker player of ability but i fear that the software has now gone too far in favour of the poorer player. I feel Sky are missing the bigger picture in allowing the software to reward the shocking play as reguarlaly as it does. I have played this game for 12 years now and found that only through losing my money/seat that i became a better player. When Chris Moneymaker won the wsop qualifying through pokerstars they saw their turnover go through the roof as a player with their logo was beamed into the lives of millions of poker addicts. It seems to me sky are happy with the money being generated at present but their lack of vision in not educating players to become better and maybe one day be sat opposite Ivey for a main event bracelet and  is letting down the patrons of this site. I have nothing against any of TSP, Scotty77 is a player i watched rise and occasionally advised in the early days but there seems to be a higher blind club dominating the team and i would happily put up a few of the players lower down against many of them. But these players will never get a chance to shine because skys rng doesnt give them the wins their play deserves cos they are getting it in ahead and being outdrawn a disproportionate number of times. I wont bother with my own experiences of the last 2 weeks on here because basically im sick of hearing the word "Variance" used in discussions of this nature. For those of you who know me and met me at spt events i thankyou for the games and conversations we have shared but unfortunately I would still like my poker to improve and that isnt going to happen on this site so for me its adios and goodluck and i hope sky open their eyes to the bigger picture and one day im watching you check raise ivey for the main event.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    In Response to THE VERY LAST TIME:
    I have played on skypoker since a few weeks after its launch, In that time I have seen many changes but as much as i hate to say it this last change is one too many. As we all know and sky freely admits the hands we play when on line are enhanced and as lovers of the game we accept that fact and put up with some of the frustratingly annoying situations we find ourselves in with regards to Bad Beats as an occupational hazard and a price we pay for having 24hr a day access to the game we love. In the past I like the rest of you have groaned at the suckout and runner runner defeats and cheered when on OCCASION Ive been behind and caught a 2or 1 outer to inflict the same pain on others. However and this is where I cant take it anymore, We now find ourselves in a situation where people are willfully and in some cases ONLY calling/jamiing from behind to win pots. This would normally be an ideal situation for any self respecting poker player of ability but i fear that the software has now gone too far in favour of the poorer player. I feel Sky are missing the bigger picture in allowing the software to reward the shocking play as reguarlaly as it does. I have played this game for 12 years now and found that only through losing my money/seat that i became a better player. When Chris Moneymaker won the wsop qualifying through pokerstars they saw their turnover go through the roof as a player with their logo was beamed into the lives of millions of poker addicts. It seems to me sky are happy with the money being generated at present but their lack of vision in not educating players to become better and maybe one day be sat opposite Ivey for a main event bracelet and  is letting down the patrons of this site. I have nothing against any of TSP, Scotty77 is a player i watched rise and occasionally advised in the early days but there seems to be a higher blind club dominating the team and i would happily put up a few of the players lower down against many of them. But these players will never get a chance to shine because skys rng doesnt give them the wins their play deserves cos they are getting it in ahead and being outdrawn a disproportionate number of times. I wont bother with my own experiences of the last 2 weeks on here because basically im sick of hearing the word "Variance" used in discussions of this nature. For those of you who know me and met me at spt events i thankyou for the games and conversations we have shared but unfortunately I would still like my poker to improve and that isnt going to happen on this site so for me its adios and goodluck and i hope sky open their eyes to the bigger picture and one day im watching you check raise ivey for the main event.
    Posted by kimble76
    Please expand or show source for this "accepted as fact" highlighted section.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: THE VERY LAST TIME:
    In Response to THE VERY LAST TIME : Please expand or show source for this "accepted as fact" highlighted section.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Sorry AMYBR this thread has been posted twice please see the other thread for an explanation
    many thanks
  • edited September 2011
    Have checked the other post, but am going t comment in here, hoping you see it in a less cluttered discussion.

I find it refreshing to have a pov such as this out there.  We have so many fulltime players afraid to speak up in regard to inconsistencies in online poker, due to the heavy sponsorships and basic flat out ownership of live play.

I dont imagine this thread went up lightly.  Theres some very worthwile elements and I shall definately be going away to research some of the source material you mention, as I'm sure many will.

• edited September 2011
    In Response to THE VERY LAST TIME:
    I have played on skypoker since a few weeks after its launch, In that time I have seen many changes but as much as i hate to say it this last change is one too many. As we all know and sky freely admits the hands we play when on line are enhanced and as lovers of the game we accept that fact and put up with some of the frustratingly annoying situations we find ourselves in with regards to Bad Beats as an occupational hazard and a price we pay for having 24hr a day access to the game we love. In the past I like the rest of you have groaned at the suckout and runner runner defeats and cheered when on OCCASION Ive been behind and caught a 2or 1 outer to inflict the same pain on others. However and this is where I cant take it anymore, We now find ourselves in a situation where people are willfully and in some cases ONLY calling/jamiing from behind to win pots. This would normally be an ideal situation for any self respecting poker player of ability but i fear that the software has now gone too far in favour of the poorer player. I feel Sky are missing the bigger picture in allowing the software to reward the shocking play as reguarlaly as it does. I have played this game for 12 years now and found that only through losing my money/seat that i became a better player. When Chris Moneymaker won the wsop qualifying through pokerstars they saw their turnover go through the roof as a player with their logo was beamed into the lives of millions of poker addicts. It seems to me sky are happy with the money being generated at present but their lack of vision in not educating players to become better and maybe one day be sat opposite Ivey for a main event bracelet and  is letting down the patrons of this site. I have nothing against any of TSP, Scotty77 is a player i watched rise and occasionally advised in the early days but there seems to be a higher blind club dominating the team and i would happily put up a few of the players lower down against many of them. But these players will never get a chance to shine because skys rng doesnt give them the wins their play deserves cos they are getting it in ahead and being outdrawn a disproportionate number of times. I wont bother with my own experiences of the last 2 weeks on here because basically im sick of hearing the word "Variance" used in discussions of this nature. For those of you who know me and met me at spt events i thankyou for the games and conversations we have shared but unfortunately I would still like my poker to improve and that isnt going to happen on this site so for me its adios and goodluck and i hope sky open their eyes to the bigger picture and one day im watching you check raise ivey for the main event.
    Posted by kimble76

There are bad players who have winning records, that just coz there are many players even worse than them.

But there aren't many....

The site/s deffo do not reward bad play, most (99%) bad players have lost thousands on the site.

• edited September 2011
    Have checked the other post, but am going t comment in here, hoping you see it in a less cluttered discussion. I find it refreshing to have a pov such as this out there.  We have so many fulltime players afraid to speak up in regard to inconsistencies in online poker, due to the heavy sponsorships and basic flat out ownership of live play. I dont imagine this thread went up lightly.  Theres some very worthwile elements and I shall definately be going away to research some of the source material you mention, as I'm sure many will.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Thankyou for understanding the depths I have reached in order to write this and your right it wasnt posted lightly. Please feel free to research anything i have posted as it is all honest and a true account of converstaions I have had,and hope your research will testify to this fact as im sure there will be many out there to quickly paint me as another bitter losing player. This post was put up to highlight a problem for the players on here who are trying to work their way up the blinds and develop their game and for no other reason.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to THE VERY LAST TIME : There are bad players who have winning records, that just coz there are many players even worse than them. But there aren't many.... The site/s deffo do not reward bad play, most (99%) bad players have lost thousands on the site.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dohhhhhh I respect your opinion and I wish it was one I could share,but Im sorry I dont so ill respectfully agree to disagree with you.As i say go to the forums,The review sites and see for yourself. The changes I have seen in my view are all the proof that I personally need but everyone is entitled to their view and to spend their money how and where they wish.
    Good Luck
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to THE VERY LAST TIME : There are bad players who have winning records, that just coz there are many players even worse than them. But there aren't many.... The site/s deffo do not reward bad play, most (99%) bad players have lost thousands on the site.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

This misses the point completely

Kimble please check your PM's