You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tricky spot here with QQ - 200nl

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Once I got 3bet I was looking to get the stacks in as soon as possible....however Browndog cold calling here really raised alarm bells.

Hand History #416583157 (04:05 21/09/2011)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceISAAC11Small blind £1.00£1.00£167.59prince007Big blind £2.00£3.00£312.32 Your hole cardsQQ   launderFold    scotty77Raise £6.00£9.00£221.25BOMBDOGRaise £16.00£25.00£320.90BrownnDogCall £16.00£41.00£371.02ISAAC11Fold    prince007Call £14.00£55.00£298.32

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Headache.  Is Brownndog really flatting with KK+ though?  Or even AK?  Hate all our options at the moment TBH, as the two callers behind will probably narrow down the calling range of Bombdog if with 4bet, knocking out a lot of what we are getting value from.  Pretty sure any 4bet is turning QQ into a bluff now.

I probably take the wimpy option and flat, at least we're closing the betting and can reassess on the flop.
  • edited September 2011
    find out where we are.
  • edited September 2011
    i think bdog is going to be set mining with smallish pairs almost all the time, since its a tiny 3bet, they are 150+bb deep and he has position.

id be 4b/cing ~46
  • edited September 2011
    way above my pay grade. can i ask how this plays out after 4b on an a/k high flop?
  • edited September 2011

although 200nl is a little above my station, id prob 4bet to 55-60 (id be happy to take this down preflop) .....fold to 5bet, if any1 flats re assess on the flop....if it all comes undercards...im probs getting it in....gg if they have AA or KK
  • edited September 2011
    do a 4bet and don't fold. fun fun
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot here with QQ - 200nl:
    do a 4bet and don't fold. fun fun
    Posted by beaneh
    Guess I need some reads on Bombdog.  I take it he's 5bet shoving pre into 3 players with a wider range than QQ+ AK then?
  • edited September 2011
    you can probably take the 2 CC'ers money as dead money 90% of the time
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot here with QQ - 200nl : Guess I need some reads on Bombdog.  I take it he's 5bet shoving pre into 3 players with a wider range than QQ+ AK then?
    Posted by TommyD

bomb isn't 100% 5 betting once he's done a mini 3bet in position. + I doubt he's sensible enough to 3bet to this size with AA aswell as other hands.

we have two of dem queens and two of dem jokers be putting money in and probably folding, sick life lets do a 4bet!
  • edited September 2011
    my main consearn here doesnt seem to be brought up alot here. Brownndog hhas cold called a 4-bet. Now i dont know brownndogs game that well, therefore i may just be looking like a right moron typing this.

However what would you say Brownndogs range is here. If he 5-bets, scotty probably gets an easy fold? His range imo is pretty polorized if he does the 5bet and i think hes probaby good enough to realise that. Flatting makes it appear a little wider to most, and therefore imo is probably still a pretty tight range.

For that reason im taking the cowards way out and just flatting.
  • edited September 2011
    my main consearn here doesnt seem to be brought up alot here. Brownndog hhas cold called a 4-bet. Now i dont know brownndogs game that well, therefore i may just be looking like a right moron typing this. However what would you say Brownndogs range is here. If he 5-bets, scotty probably gets an easy fold? His range imo is pretty polorized if he does the 5bet and i think hes probaby good enough to realise that. Flatting makes it appear a little wider to most, and therefore imo is probably still a pretty tight range. For that reason im taking the cowards way out and just flatting.
    Posted by The_Don90

fwiw, browndog has cold called a 3 bet not a 4bet. pretty different situations
  • edited September 2011
    4b/c. If you are happy to get it in against bombdog you should be even happier to now with likely loads of dead money there

too many dogs in this hand imo, confusing
  • edited September 2011
    I'd just call to set mine then fold all non Q boards. Is this too passive ? At least you don't have to think and/or lose more money. Maybe just fold anyway stay totally out of trouble only lose £6 with no hassle.
  • edited September 2011
    I'd just call to set mine then fold all non Q boards. Is this too passive ? At least you don't have to think and/or lose more money. Maybe just fold anyway stay totally out of trouble only lose £6 with no hassle.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    Maybe fold, click stand, close sky poker, self exclude, and uninstall the software.

No dramas that way, easy life!  :P
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot here with QQ - 200nl : Maybe fold, click stand, close sky poker, self exclude, and uninstall the software. No dramas that way, easy life!  :P
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Now theres a contender for POST OF THE WEEK ;))
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot here with QQ - 200nl : Now theres a contender for POST OF THE WEEK ;))
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Funny you should say that Debs. The other day i booted up a table of 4nl. I watched 1 orbit and realised that nobody could play at all. I felt immediately depressed. Got folded to me on the button with A-10 os ( rubbish hand anyway but obv. ahead) and i thought maybe 4x then i  just figured i'll be called by J-2 os and 8-3 then i let the timer run down a bit and folded because it just could never be interesting. Then i figured i was bored out of my mind. I played out the orbit for the sake of form incase i got dealt a premium hand. Then i stood up and left shrouded in disenchantment.
    Remembering what you had recommended before and bandini i decided to play RR as it's quicker. So i played 3 games and won them all. The problem was that bored me too as it wasn't interesting viewing arbitrary outcomes.
    What Dohhh said there ( invitationally i may add ) made sense. Do you ever get to the point where you figure i seen this rubbish thousands of times before and simply don't care anymore ? What do you do when you fall out of love with robot poker that doesn't involve tilt silliness ? Know what i mean ? I don't get a remote buzz out of winning or losing pots anymore. I'm generally ahead unless underset but np. Hands play themselves.
    Maybe i am still in mourning following the demise of UB my favourite site ? People complain about poker being rigged but when a site closes and you won't get paid then that puts a lot of things into perspective. That is as rigged as it gets. They robbed you period ! All those games for nothing. All that fun in trying to work out then crush your oppressors, successfully, all for nothing just for the American government to confiscate the cash and spend it on murdering people in the Third World  :(
    So i figure sky is good as they pay out immediately and won't go under. Then you think about quandaries of hands and the enthusiasm has died. Just fold, no hassle.
    You seem like a nice lady and even Dohhh is nice too. Have you ever got to the point where you don't care anymore ? If so what did you do ? If not do you ever see that day approach or are you total addicts ?
    This is my equivalent of phoning Hold'em Samaritans. It's a real shame because i was always better than average from the moment i started. By loads. It all feels like wasted life at the moment. Please help ?
  • edited September 2011
    lol seriously ?

Black Mass it's only a game )

Have a break
  • edited September 2011
    lol seriously ? Black Mass it's only a game ) Have a break
    Posted by rancid
    I know man but people complain about poker being rigged. UB took my roll and i gotta start again 3 years later with nothing.
    I know sky won't go that way but just hit a wall so to speak. 3 years down the drain for nothing :(
    Self pity really i should grow up but just gotta get back into it. I guess a lot of people on here lost a lot on FT.
    Strugglin' that's all. Looking for a kickstart. I can play a bit.
  • edited September 2011
    Keep reading up on the game and watching some new tutorial videos Black Mass. That may get your motivation back again.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot here with QQ - 200nl : I know man but people complain about poker being rigged. UB took my roll and i gotta start again 3 years later with nothing. I know sky won't go that way but just hit a wall so to speak. 3 years down the drain for nothing :( Self pity really i should grow up but just gotta get back into it. I guess a lot of people on here lost a lot on FT. Strugglin' that's all. Looking for a kickstart. I can play a bit.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    Cofidence , confidence and more confidence that is the key , i dont care if i get poo pooed on by poor players , i'll get it back off of em long term.I do however feel soz for ya at losing money to a site through no fault of ure own , thats mega bad.Have i ever thought 'jeez ive had enough of this game' ?? i used to months back b4 i got more involved with the poker clinic , then i was realising i was losing pots through it bein my OWN fault.This area of the forum has turned me into a far far better poker player and imo i will never get bored of this wonderful game.

Gl matey

debbydobby xx
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot here with QQ - 200nl : I know man but people complain about poker being rigged. UB took my roll and i gotta start again 3 years later with nothing. I know sky won't go that way but just hit a wall so to speak. 3 years down the drain for nothing :( Self pity really i should grow up but just gotta get back into it. I guess a lot of people on here lost a lot on FT. Strugglin' that's all. Looking for a kickstart. I can play a bit.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    PS i just read ure profile page , now i'm depressed ;))
  • edited September 2011
    i too love this part of the forum, it means i lose money at a lot slower rate now and prelongs the agony!!!! lol
  • edited September 2011
    lol black mass, nice to play you on the tables. bit of fun that nl4!!

• edited September 2011

In Response to Re: Tricky spot here with QQ - 200nl : But i alrady worked it out in the first 10k hands. Poker isn't  astrophysics there's only 52 cards in a deck Come on son u know the score ? U got it  or they are lying ? Just position and chance.End of.

Posted by BLACK_MASS

You sound very disenchanted with the game.

Table selection and seat position are vital in winning cash in poker.

If you get this wrong then you end up feeling like it’s just the same situation again and again and again.

Have a look at high stakes cash games and study it closely because when they have certain players in certain seats it changes the dynamic completely.

A skill edge can be completely wiped out without the right table or seat.

DON’T GIVE UP THE FIGHT

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot here with QQ - 200nl : M8y i got the picture of lo stakes. I've played a million hands now but got stiffed. Every time i sit down i figure that it's just percentages, as long as site can pay. Feel grateful to to Sky kids . You will always get  your money back.Lucky you, software sux, money real. And if i want help with my game i can always get it for free ! Bonus. Thanx.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    ok you obviously have it all sussed out - good luck )

• edited September 2011
    wow black mass,you can be clever ,articulate,witty and subtle in your replays. other times you can be crass , rude and obnoxious,its like there are 2 of you sometimes. bring back nice blackmass plz.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot here with QQ - 200nl : Yes because what i can waste you can work towards. that is what makes me really sad.You'll get there if you have half a brain. I was trying to work out tho how you care in the first place ? Ditzoid.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    Not sure what your trying to say and frankly I don't like the way your coming across.
    If you have got something to say, just say it, can't be asked trying to work it out.
    Obviously being sincere with you goes straight over your head.

Infact I have read some of your other posts on this forum where you just been very offensive and abusive.
    Can't see a reason to reply to your posts anymore, bye.

have fun, and I do mean have fun

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Tricky spot here with QQ - 200nl : But i already worked it out in the first 10k hands. Poker isn't  astrophysics there's only 52 cards in a deck Come on son u know the score ? U got it  or they are lying ? Just position and chance.End of.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    You never stop learning.

The day you do is the day you stand still.

• edited September 2011
    get some help black mass, jeeez. Don't put all of your eggs in one basket...
    stop derailing this thread, I enjoyed the 1st page, 2nd page was kinda funny though.