You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cash For Points - Rakeback Poll

edited November 2011 in Community Suggestions
Following on from my original post, I have decided to attach a poll to it.  Thank you for all responses.

Original Post -

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else feels cash for points should be changed?

I think its unfair that it is done by a month by month basis and should be changed to at least quartarly, like the league points are?

For example I usually play small stake STTs and would need to play 500 30p STT A month to get £5 back.  I estimate I have made about 5000 points over the time I have played on Sky, which works out about £250 rake, I have only twice just managed to make £5 back, in a month.  When you play month in and month out and you miss out on making 500 points, when u have played quite alot, its quite disheartning.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Cash For Points - Rakeback Poll:
    Following on from my original post, I have decided to attach a poll to it.  Thank you for all responses. Original Post - Hi, I was wondering if anyone else feels cash for points should be changed? I think its unfair that it is done by a month by month basis and should be changed to at least quartarly, like the league points are? For example I usually play small stake STTs and would need to play 500 30p STT A month to get £5 back.  I estimate I have made about 5000 points over the time I have played on Sky, which works out about £250 rake, I have only twice just managed to make £5 back, in a month.  When you play month in and month out and you miss out on making 500 points, when u have played quite alot, its quite disheartning.
    Posted by DEL560
    it does seem alot .but is only about 16 games per day which is quite achievable.i used to play small stakes and easily achieved 1000 + points per month.
  • edited September 2011
    No it's perfectly  fine as it is.

• edited September 2011

No, 3 months is too long to wait for the bonus, some people are pros and draw a wage just from the cash for points.

Use this as an incentive to push through the levels and use that as a target.

Good luck
  • edited September 2011
    I voted no. Quite simply Sky is a business & C4P is there to encourage people to play more. 

Having said that I do think Sky need to offer something more for excess points. Offfering small freerolls at 20/50 points a time is of very little use. There should be other things on offer for points, a kind of store if you like.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Cash For Points - Rakeback Poll:
    I voted no. Quite simply Sky is a business & C4P is there to encourage people to play more.  Having said that I do think Sky need to offer something more for excess points. Offfering small freerolls at 20/50 points a time is of very little use. There should be other things on offer for points, a kind of store if you like.
    Posted by silentbob
    I agree with you.
    You should be able to use your points for entering other tournaments.Other poker sites offer it!!!!
    Also you should be able to use your poker points for other tourneys apart from free rolls!
  • edited November 2011
    I think sky should just use the ipoker vip system... can save up your points for as long as you want, then use the points to buy cash. Obviously have different size instant cash bonuses. But alas I feel that the people running skypoker are a little incompetent... to suger coat it. 
  • edited November 2011
    Totally agreed with Supersnedd. I thought the OP was gunna say he'd rather have it weekly! But monthly is far too long imho, although i would like to see something we could do with our Poker Points other than playing freerolls (which won't apply to anyone unless they go busto :P)
  • edited November 2011
    In Response to Re: Cash For Points - Rakeback Poll:
    Totally agreed with Supersnedd. I thought the OP was gunna say he'd rather have it weekly! But monthly is far too long imho, although i would like to see something we could do with our Poker Points other than playing freerolls (which won't apply to anyone unless they go busto :P)
    Posted by Smitalos
    /