You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm starting to wonder

edited September 2011 in Area 51
I really am.

I've never said that it's impossible that RNG can be rigged to set up more action. I think anyone who says it's 100% impossible is as big a fool as the those of latter years who laughed at anyone who said the world might be round or that germs could be real. But it's always seemed illogical to me that there was any need.

One of my mates is at the top of the computing game and says it would be easy to set up an algorithm that set up action for certain limits at certain levels based on player's game patterns. Very easy. "It's not like your average poker player could notice it or even begin to try and prove it" were his exact words. TBH, he still thought it unlikely. But not even close to impossible.

But I'm really starting to wonder of late. I've bubbled many times of late. And never with my money in behind. I've never been the luckiest of gamblers anyway but I'd expect maths to see me through occasionally. But forget me.

I've been grinding £5dyms of late. And time, and time, and time again I see the crazy happen. I know it turns into a shove fest and the percentages are never that big in the first palce. But I've kinda, even in hands not involving me, developed a knack of knowing when an underpair is going to be hitting a straight. And I'm right too often.

This isn't scientific. Not even close. It's pure instinct. And, as ever, I know I could be entirely wrong.

But I'm beginning to wonder. Seriously wonder. To the point of giving it up. Room in your ward Doc Elsa? lol

Comments

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: I'm starting to wonder:
    bandini only !  my phone number is 0161  205 1239. Honestly this stuff is easily resolved. Worked it out years ago. Gotta play a bit too :)
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    BANDINI....ur starting to read manufactured hands.....moderators and such will keep telling u how difficult it would be to fix a poker site....but really....when we think of modern technology.....we're miles behind what they've got...in fact..as i write this.... i'm so scared of becoming a non-entity..and my bank account being wiped out....(though fortuneately i keep £3.70
    under the mattress....don't trust banks).....if u read the site u can win....but its a very frustrating journey...u need to be perfect all the time with either ur 5.7 or a.k...and then it changes..bummer mate!!!
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: I'm starting to wonder : BANDINI....ur starting to read manufactured hands.....moderators and such will keep telling u how difficult it would be to fix a poker site....but really....when we think of modern technology.....we're miles behind what they've got...in fact..as i write this.... i'm so scared of becoming a non-entity..and my bank account being wiped out....(though fortuneately i keep £3.70 under the mattress....don't trust banks).....if u read the site u can win....but its a very frustrating journey...u need to be perfect all the time with either ur 5.7 or a.k...and then it changes..bummer mate!!!
    Posted by edge215

My argument has never been that the RNG couldn't be fixed. It could. Easily.

My argument has always been that due to the randomness of poker there was little need.

But I'm seriously starting to wonder. So many all-in pres turning into straights and sets I'm genuinely not far of giving this game up. Maybe I'm just unlucky or on a mega downswing and my stats are unique to me. I can but go on instinct.

I'm actually starting to think I'm just not born to gamble. I was born to write. F#ck this sh'te. Bye, bye cruel world of poker, I've genuinely had enough now. Folded aces in a dym to the other 4k chip leader jamming over an all-in to a 600 stack just now. The clown proceede to double up the other players and I didn't cash. He knocked me out with 66 against AK in the end. Do these things happen to other people? Didn't think so.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to I'm starting to wonder : i knew you are smart anyway :) U DIG ALL THIS STUFF. LOL, Look at these people.
    Posted by BLACK_MASS
    I know man.

Stay cool though bud, you were getting right narky on a few threads there.

You're better than that. By miles. Humour eclipses all ;-)
  • edited September 2011
    Always room in ward51 for you bandini

team51 open door policy now too, so if you want to join the team just speak up and you're in m8
  • edited September 2011
    . . . I'm just not born to gamble. I was born to write. F#ck this sh'te. Bye, bye cruel world of poker, I've genuinely had enough now. . . . He knocked me out with 66 against AK in the end. Do these things happen to other people? Didn't think so.
    Posted by bandini
    I'm sure you'll suffer less brain damage writing than playing poker. Some people are born lucky, some aren't. The skill element of the game is, in my humble opinion, over-hyped (particularly by those with an interest in keeping the punters at the table), so if you're one of those who wasn't born under a favourable star no amount of nose to the grindstone in endeavouring to improve will change things - you'll possibly reduce your losses - especially when you take into account the House Edge. Getting to the peak of the S-Curve isn't going to change the position of the planets.

And yes . . . these things do happen to other people (me, with monotonous regularity).
  • edited September 2011
    a few action hands fordoderanchSmall blind £0.02£0.02£3.45pod1Big blind £0.04£0.06£3.72 Your hole cards10A   clevskiFold    FishFeastFold    POKERSHANEFold    dazzyboyFold    doderanchCall £0.02£0.08£3.43pod1Check    Flop  106K   doderanchBet £0.04£0.12£3.39pod1Call £0.04£0.16£3.68Turn  A   doderanchAll-in £3.39£3.55£0.00pod1Call £3.39£6.94£0.29doderanchShow27   pod1Show10A   River  Q   doderanchWinFlush to the King£6.41 £6.41PrevClose windowNext you bandi!
  • edited September 2011
    tevedoreSit out    lyseSmall blind £0.02£0.02£4.49pod1Big blind £0.04£0.06£9.85 Your hole cardsJA   RandomRivFold    cowie10Raise £0.16£0.22£5.01heslin06Call £0.16£0.38£3.11lyseFold    pod1Call £0.12£0.50£9.73Flop  37J   pod1Check    cowie10Bet £0.38£0.88£4.63heslin06Fold    pod1Raise £1.33£2.21£8.40cowie10Call £0.95£3.16£3.68Turn  6   pod1Bet £2.37£5.53£6.03cowie10All-in £3.68£9.21£0.00pod1Call £1.31£10.52£4.72pod1ShowJA   cowie10ShowKK   River  5   cowie10WinPair of Kings£9.73 £9.73PrevClose windowNext
  • edited September 2011
    THEGRISLEYSmall blind £0.02£0.02£4.08encarnacaoBig blind £0.04£0.06£1.01 Your hole cardsAQ   bumfaceeFold    pod1Raise £0.20£0.26£8.10fathad1931Fold    salad24Fold    THEGRISLEYCall £0.18£0.44£3.90encarnacaoCall £0.16£0.60£0.85Flop  895   THEGRISLEYCheck    encarnacaoCheck    pod1Bet £0.30£0.90£7.80THEGRISLEYRaise £1.50£2.40£2.40encarnacaoFold    pod1Call £1.20£3.60£6.60Turn  Q   THEGRISLEYAll-in £2.40£6.00£0.00pod1Call £2.40£8.40£4.20THEGRISLEYShow76   pod1ShowAQ   River  J   THEGRISLEYWinStraight to the 9£7.77 £7.77PrevClose window
  • edited September 2011
    my personal favFishFeastSmall blind £0.02£0.02£4.39ghandorBig blind £0.04£0.06£1.38 Your hole cards1010   doderanchCall £0.04£0.10£3.73pod1Raise £0.12£0.22£8.31clevskiFold    FishFeastCall £0.10£0.32£4.29ghandorCall £0.08£0.40£1.30doderanchRaise £0.16£0.56£3.57pod1Call £0.08£0.64£8.23FishFeastFold    ghandorCall £0.08£0.72£1.22Flop  K106   ghandorCheck    doderanchBet £0.36£1.08£3.21pod1Call £0.36£1.44£7.87ghandorFold    Turn  Q   doderanchAll-in £3.21£4.65£0.00pod1Call £3.21£7.86£4.66doderanchShowAJ   pod1Show1010   River  A   doderanchWinStraight to the Ace£7.27 £7.27PrevClose window
  • edited September 2011
    Have always thought your posts are well put and concise bandini.  You being a credible and sincere bloke.

Have railed you from time to time also and I think your game is pretty strong.

Its interesting to see this post from you.

Have tyo admit I feel the same way, as I know many do.  Your post isnt inflamatory or derogatory.  Its just stating what you see, again what many of us see.  There will always be people who instantly dismiss things, but I do think they are wrong to do so.

Am not saying I feel strongly either way.  But people should be encouraged, as you do and say, to say..."really?".  Why shouldnt they?

Good skill out there :)
  • edited September 2011

Blondie, you are a plonker! How did it come to this? lol

It took you 4 hours after writing this post, to start your leaving thread!!!!

PM me, I'll sort ya head (and ur game) out.

Start again, clean slate, clear your skope, structure your poker, enjoy your poker, win some money, return to this thread, laugh. 

In that order. 

• edited September 2011
    Have always thought your posts are well put and concise bandini.  You being a credible and sincere bloke. Have railed you from time to time also and I think your game is pretty strong. Its interesting to see this post from you. Have tyo admit I feel the same way, as I know many do.  Your post isnt inflamatory or derogatory.  Its just stating what you see, again what many of us see.  There will always be people who instantly dismiss things, but I do think they are wrong to do so. Am not saying I feel strongly either way.  But people should be encouraged, as you do and say, to say..."really?".  Why shouldnt they? Good skill out there :)
    Posted by AMYBR

Can't think of who I had in mind when i wrote this :p
  • edited September 2011

lol. Myself + the other 99.9999*% of winning online players I'd imagine!!

Ofc with anything, there are exceptions......

But ya can count them on 1 hand.
  • edited September 2011
    can i ask jj, how many players over the amount of mtts bandini has played 1000+ if i remember rightly on sky would be winning players? rough figure ob!
  • edited September 2011
    You really are very blinkered bud, I mean that in the nicest way.

But you put yourself in this category of winning players and dismiss all other pov's out of hand, almost seeming like an ego trip.  That sounds harsher than I mean it, just cant say it any other way.  Winning player doesnt essentially mean good player.  Losing player doesnt essentialy mean bad player.  In any poker fomat, anywhere, anywhen this doesnt hold true

I would love nothing more than to have my faith in online restored beyond reasonable doubt.  I would once again invest serious money and ride it out.  But taking all the pro's and con's into account I dont feel able to do so.

I sincerely wish you all the best bud, but I truly think you only opt to see a small part of the picture. 

But heck, as a winning player, why see anything else.  I doubt I would!
  • edited September 2011
    I must admit i can see why ppl think there are alot of action hands..ive played on a couple of other sites and see the same thing (a flop of 2 pair vs a set..it is rather common)

i am sure that these are set up to play like this...

picture this 2 ppl are playing hu both start with £10..lets say one of the first hands is aa v kk...the money will go all in pf...if not def by end of the hand...so thats £20 in the pot...how much of this does player who wins get cos of rake?

the more action hands = bigger pots = more rake.

im not saying its just sky its evry poker company..and day in day out millions of ppl player online poker. were just the fish in a big pond.
  • edited September 2011
    can i ask jj, how many players over the amount of mtts bandini has played 1000+ if i remember rightly on sky would be winning players? rough figure ob!
    Posted by pod1
    About 10%? Summat like that.
  • edited September 2011

I say it because I'm 1 of the very few winning players who replies on these threads.

You get tonnes of players commenting who are losing/break even/small winners.........

Who will fully agree/partly agree with all the ridic theories etc.....

If those 5% of online players who are big winners/professional players (this isn't referring to myself btw) replied to every A51 thread, what do you think they would say on these threads???

What am I missing?

I keep getting dragged into these threads, I said I wouldn't but I daren't play cards till I've had 5 cans, and I'm only on my 4th, so got sum time to kill :P

• edited September 2011
    Youre missing that others experiences arent the same as yours.

That you cant apply your thoughts unilaterally, making others queries and questions moot.

I've contributed to this forum for maybe 18 months now.  I cant count the amount of times that very experienced live and online players have posted their potential doubts, or had an evoloution in thinking.  But you still dismiss these out of hand.  Despite not having the most extensive experience yourself, also having practically no experience of real live poker.

Also that the online game isnt in shades of black and white, there are very clear technical and legal issues that you dont recognise, that there are - and have been - corrupt scandals in the industry as standard.

I just dont think you should dismiss peoples POV's so blindly.  I'm not saying I feel strongly either way any more.  I like to gather information, go away and look at varied source material.  I've had a huge change in perspective since I started posting, on many aspects.

But simply put, I cant reconcile the action I see online to my extensive experience live.  Just speaking for myself, I dont feel it plays the same or feels the same.  But thats just me.

This isnt an attack on you or the industry.  I think your a decent guy overall, who has made very kind and worthwile contributions to the community.

It just frustrates me when people treat online poker as though its an untaintable entity.  That it is beyond the realm of reproach.

Its like you think people just get a few bad beats and make a snap decision that its potentially corrupt.  Lol, this is in fact true for many though.  But naturally there are different camps.

With being out at different venues 4 perhaps 5 nights a week I come into contact with a wide spectrum of players, who have diversified thoughts on online.  This is something that you likely dont tap into much.  Many successful live players refuse to play online for a variety of reasons.  Everyone has a story 95% of them being detrimental.
  • edited September 2011
    . . . Winning player doesnt essentially mean good player.  Losing player doesnt essentialy mean bad player. . . .
    Posted by AMYBR
    Here, here . . .

• edited September 2011
    lol. Myself + the other 99.9999*% of winning online players I'd imagine!! Ofc with anything, there are exceptions...... But ya can count them on 1 hand.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     Really. Well Im an exception so how many players do you think you now need to back up 99.9999%?
  • edited September 2011

i think everybody wins and loses with online poker. i myself do not trust it, yet i pay and play, because i enjoy my poker...

you go through the ups and downs, i know this, just coming off a 3 month bad run..

we all make good and bad calls. bad bets...

at the minute i have played alot of dyms. 6 at a time.

there are a lot of straights, flushes . runner runner wins coming from behind...

and then you get the idiots(YES IDIOTS) who call nice big raises or all ins with any 2 suited cards, i am talking lets say 2k raise , they call it with 84 hearts.  and they are hitting the flush or straight...

ihave played over 300 dyms in 5 days on here.   good and bad results..  had my AA KK QQ smashed..  i even went 4 whole days without hitting any overcards to someones pair, all in..

but today was the joker in the deck..  i played an IDIOT  who went all in on every single hand...  he won the first hand. then everyone kept stacking, then he lost then won, you can guess , he won playing like an absolute idiot..

of the 5 days i have been playing i have seen alot of good play and alot of bad play. to be honest i have seen the bad play pay off more than the good play.

i have made that many notes on people playing and plays it can get too long a list..

i agree, you do not have to be good to win, you have to be lucky..  i have played in a few  where the AA hit set and u have ppl chase the street and catch runner runner and win..

only today on a sat, not played a hand in 20 mins, go all in with my nice hand, only to get a 5K raise (15BB)called by rubbish and yes they hit. 

so all i can say, you do not have to be good to win in any tourny, you need the luck..  because you can make bad calls and hit.. 

i think this site has got more new players on it and they seem to be donks...  they have won by playing rubbish none starter hands..   so they see this is how to play..

now i know that you will say that poker is chaging and developing, but there are always none starter hands old school and new...