You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

double your moneys

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
i once played a double your money and lost connection and was sat out all the way through and still cashed :) isnt the best way to play these dont play a hand in the first few levels let people knock each other out till there is 4 people left and say blinds 150/300 then shove or fold stack to try and double up and then safetly in the money your views ?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Theres a guide in the 'General Poker Chat' section on DYMs, written by JohnConnor who is a real consistent winner at all levels of DYMs, best idea is to check it out.
  • edited September 2011
    ok i play alot of dyms myself lambert thats how i play them tight early on ive made 12 dyms in a row before i hear irish rover done 26 some acheivement that i thought 12 was good lol
  • edited September 2011
    Yep the general basic stratagy is to play super nitty early and push/fold late, pritty standard well established strat for any SitNgo but more so for DYMs.

More specific to your post: there is no one blind level were the push/fold stage starts it's mainly a function of how many big blinds you have left amongst other things.

The reason you push/fold in late stage isnt with the aim to double up, althougth its nice when this happens, Its mainly to gain an equity edge versus the other option.
  • edited September 2011
    i understand u have to go all in to survive so u dont get blinded out kinda thing ?
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: double your moneys:
    i understand u have to go all in to survive so u dont get blinded out kinda thing ?
    Posted by angie6108
    Definatly
  • edited September 2011
    Do you think it's fair to say you have to the upmost level of discipline to be a consistent winner at DYMs becauseyou need such a high win rate to beat the rake and get any sort of profit out of it so loss of concentration and a couple of bad moves making you lose a couple of DYMs can really wreck your profit.

I mean like, even if you're playing perfect DYM poker, you're not gonna win 100% because of variance so you really can't afford to make any mistakes ontop of the losses you'll have through variance.
  • edited September 2011
    i get bored playing dyms well 1 table anyway because there is alot of folding so i play 3 to 4 tables on dyms i normally cash in 7 out of 10 dyms so far so im ahppy with that but yeah your right a couple of losses on dyms can dent ya money u have to make 2 out of 3 cashes in dyms to make a profit so thats y i play 3 tables at a time usually can play 10 dyms an hour that way and make a lil profit so im happy only play 5.50 1s i dont play any higher as it is out of my bankroll