You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty Hunter 10-player SnGs

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I built my bankroll on this site playing DYMs and now I play Cash also, but I sometimes dip my toe into low stakes Bounty Hunters for a change.

I consistently turn a profit playing DYM and Cash, however I can't seem to crack Bounty Hunter at all. (The only level I'm in proft at is £2.25, but I've only played 2 so I'm not counting that!)

Here are my finishing stats...

7 times 1st    
 7 times 2nd
16 times 3rd
 9 times 4th
 6 times 5th
 9 times 6th
 6 times 7th
 5 times 8th
 4 times 9th
 2 times 10th

(I know this is not a massive amount of data.)

As you can see, I tend to survive quite well, but even in 3rd you don't profit unless you take head, and that's the problem. I have regularly placed 4th, 3rd or even 2nd without take any head prizes.

I probably play similarly to the way I play DYMs (tight at the beginning), so I rarely have a big chip lead with which to take players out. However, I will call with a wider range when a bounty is up for grabs.

I'm cashing 41% of the time, but not taking enough bounties to make the games profitable.

Would you recommend that I change my playing style? If I played more loosely and aggressively do you think the probable increase in early exits would be offset by the increase in bounties?

Or do think I've played too few games to be able to analyse properly and should continue to play my current style and reassess at a later date?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

(We are talking mostly 35p / 60p here. I mainly play these for fun - I know I'll never make a fortune here - but it'd still be nice not to be losing money at them over time.)

Comments

• edited September 2011
    in my view if u do well to survive to the last 4 u must be a solid player i would say dyms are your game i play them alot and seem to do ok cash roughy 8 out of 10 make a ok profit on them so i advise u to play them and good luck