You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Blogs III - The chosen ones

edited October 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi Guys,

i'll keep this short and sweet...

after a hard week of deliberation the chosen bloggers (who will be starting in November) are.....

Daveyzz

Oynutter

and.....

Hale72 (our first female customer Blogger!!)

well done guys (i will be in touch to send you all the blog info)

lastly... i just want to say another thank you to our current group. i'm sure you'll all agree their efforts have been fantastic (i will be in touch privately to arrange a little thank you present)

Rich

Comments

• edited October 2009

Thanks Rich.....

I will really try not to dissapoint everyone.

• edited October 2009
    Blogs from Oynutter - I can't wait :D

Congrats to Hale72 and Daveyzz too and welcome on board!
  • edited October 2009
    Hi

Well done to our new bloggers, and congratulations and very well done to the ones who have finished, they have been great.
  • edited October 2009
    Congrats you guys, as one of the original Sky Four I just know you will enjoy it! 

Dave
  • edited October 2009
    Now then now then boys n gals - many congrats & cheers to the outgoing bloggers for some great reads :)

• edited October 2009
    Great choices and looking forward to them!

I may even write one myself again very soon, while I still have some money in Sky Poker account!
  • edited October 2009
    Can't wait for these. oynutter and hale are a scream. Good luck to you all
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Blogs III - The chosen ones:
    Great choices and looking forward to them! I may even write one myself again very soon, while I still have some money in Sky Poker account!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    David said you won a big tournament Rich? xx
  • edited October 2009
    Congratulations guys, looking forward to some great reading:)
  • edited October 2009
    As an original blogger, can I just say congrats and have a blast!

Get ready for checking for blog comments from all us members at least 20 times a day! :)
  • edited October 2009
    As an original blogger, can I just say congrats and have a blast! Get ready for checking for blog comments from all us members at least 20 times a day! :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Defo lol
  • edited October 2009
    oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy wd m8 and the rest wd
  • edited October 2009
    To all u past bloggers thanks, loved reading them all and 2 all u new ones looking forward 2 some more good reading
  • edited October 2009
    well done all, i know oynutter should be funny and hale72 will need a few extra pages lol and well done to davy also, i look forward to reading the bloggs , i havnt really been in the blogg pages much but i promise that will change so look out lol
  • edited October 2009
    congrats all and goodluck
  • edited October 2009
    Cheers rich, and everyone that posted to "big me up"----I'm a wee bit nervous, never having blogged before, but really looking forward to it, just hope i can live up to expectations----my typings kills might leave a bit to be desired---but will try my berry vest to make them readable---thanks peeps
  • edited October 2009
    Tust Jry Hour Yardest NUTTER! Lood Guck
  • edited October 2009
    Good luck all, im a little scared Nutter has been let loose....should be.... erm...... interesting  :)
  • edited October 2009
    Great choice and I can't wait to read the submissions, as an outgoing blogger I have enjoyed the great comments and look forward to commenting myself on the new ones.

Good luck!!
  • edited October 2009
    loadsa congrats to hale and davey!!!----well done you two!!--- and well deliberated rich---n1
  • edited October 2009
    As 1st blogger go n enjoy it there fun,w/d all and lets c what u deliver i cant wait,, pressure is on..lol have fun all
  • edited October 2009
    loadsa congrats to hale and davey!!!----well done you two!!--- and well deliberated rich---n1
    Posted by oynutter
    You too mate, I think we would have encountered our first forum riot if you hadn't been picked!!

Got a feeling that Davy is going to be the only serious blog on the site next month.

I hope we can carry on where the others have left off.

Now, I just need a few idea's, help, anyone???
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Blogs III - The chosen ones : You too mate, I think we would have encountered our first forum riot if you hadn't been picked!! Got a feeling that Davy is going to be the only serious blog on the site next month. I hope we can carry on where the others have left off. Now, I just need a few idea's, help, anyone???
    Posted by Hale72
       nice one hale--i really could'nt believe the support there---amazing--must be loads of people reading threads and not posting---bingo site and humpty dumpty--lol---the silliest threads on the forum (some might say)--and there was me thinking only two or three people were reading them--- i do find that a bit of laugh between games puts us in the right mood  for playing good poker though---same here on the idea's front--got a couple----but you know what?-- you like writing (as i do) and idea's generally flow once you start a sentence.

One small tip (dont think you need it but it might help)---don't try too hard to get something right first time---just start by writing anything at all, and see what happens from there, you can arrange and/or delete later but most good idea's seem to come during the process of writing and not before you start a piece---sometimes i think of an idea and discard it because i think i wont have enough material for it, (ie, humpty ---i had no idea at all how long that could go on)  but i know now that most  pieces write themselves once you get going, so try not to say to yourself, "no, that wont work"---just try it and see--good luck hale, i know you'll have no trouble once you get going---the evidence is all over the forum--lol--happy blogging
  • edited October 2009

Cheers mate,

I think I just need a catalyst. I certainly didn't expect bingo site to turn out the way it did (my first post was actually supposed to be serious) and I just bounced off other posts.

Sometimes those posts actually took days of preparation, yes, I used to draft them out and save them. Adding again when I had a bit more inspiration and taking things out that didn't feel right. Sometimes after I had posted them I found another gem I could have used but then it's too late really.

How sad must I be? Still like you say, it kept me away from the tables a while and as a result my poker has actually improved. I used to play constantly for about 9 hours a day, 3 days a week and just about broke even or made a small proft/loss.

Now I split my playing time between the forum and the tables and the break between each game certainly helps.

I have about 3 ideas burrowing away at the back of my mind for subjects on blogs, and in fact have started my first draft for the first one.

Once Sky Rich gives us the full go ahead, I may start a thread asking for a little inspiration as sometimes, one innocent comment can send me off on a completely unrelated tangent.