You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This type of thing sucks

Played this perfectly to induce the all in from suspected over pair. Perfectly until the damn river
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jugglegeek Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £3.98
brakey86 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.60
  Your hole cards

STR1BS Raise   £0.12 £0.18 £9.71
hobgobl965 Fold        
turnbull08 Raise   £0.36 £0.54 £4.27
labrat64 Fold        
jugglegeek Call   £0.34 £0.88 £3.64
brakey86 Fold        
STR1BS Call   £0.24 £1.12 £9.47
Flop

jugglegeek Check        
STR1BS Check        
turnbull08 Bet   £0.84 £1.96 £3.43
jugglegeek Call   £0.84 £2.80 £2.80
STR1BS Fold        
Turn

jugglegeek Check        
turnbull08 All-in   £3.43 £6.23 £0.00
jugglegeek All-in   £2.80 £9.03 £0.00
turnbull08 Unmatched bet   £0.63 £8.40 £0.63
jugglegeek Show

turnbull08 Show
  • Q
  • Q

River

• Q

turnbull08 Win Full House, Queens and 5s £7.77   £8.40

Comments

• edited September 2011
    meh ok you got done on the river but cold calling 3 bet oop with pocket 2s at 4nl.. not a big fan.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: This type of thing sucks:
    meh ok you got done on the river but cold calling 3 bet oop with pocket 2s at 4nl.. not a big fan.
    Posted by NColley
    I think this is a valid set-mine against 2 opponents. With relatively deep stacks you are certainly getting good enough implied odds to call here, in my opinion.
  • edited September 2011
    Yh fold pre and also raise flop imo.
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: This type of thing sucks : I think this is a valid set-mine against 2 opponents. With relatively deep stacks you are certainly getting good enough implied odds to call here, in my opinion.
    Posted by Pysterman
    You don't always get to see a flop here/ nor do we always get a full double up here.

If opening raiser is semi decent he can 4bet wider here and be credited with better hands (unlikely that he gets QQ man to fold pre at 4nl but certainly those dudes playing 100nl +)
  • edited September 2011
    Set mine here because both players are fully stacked. If I hit my set then it's likely all the money's going in the middle. The way people play at NL4 I know it's an over pair. There is no need to raise the flop since there is nothing to protect against. If he has AK then he insta folds to a re-raise. However if has over cards and makes a pair on the turn after c-betting the dry flop he thinks he's ahead.

If the board came 2sQdKd then I have to raise the flop since a) there is a myriad of draws that I need to charge the correct price to get there and b) my range is so much wider, I could for example play a big draw in the same way.

I know where i am throughout the hand and it's just a vomit river card. I was upset
  • edited October 2011
    question how do you put a guy on 2 5 off? STT 423078245 busted by brilliance or stupidity?

• edited October 2011
    sorry put in STT MEANT MTT BH
  • edited October 2011
    we cant see you hand ryderoo.

regarding origional poster. I like the flat pre, although folding to a 4bet. Get it in on that flop tho
  • edited October 2011

Flat on the flop is fine imo.

2 more streets to get 2.80 into a pot that is already 2.80. And there are Zero scare cards.
  • edited October 2011
    I let this go pre withthat action too but i dont really mind set mining to be honest.

After that, its a bad beat. ul jungle!
  • ybyb
    edited October 2011
    Set mine here because both players are fully stacked. If I hit my set then it's likely all the money's going in the middle. The way people play at NL4 I know it's an over pair. There is no need to raise the flop since there is nothing to protect against. If he has AK then he insta folds to a re-raise. However if has over cards and makes a pair on the turn after c-betting the dry flop he thinks he's ahead. If the board came 2sQdKd then I have to raise the flop since a) there is a myriad of draws that I need to charge the correct price to get there and b) my range is so much wider, I could for example play a big draw in the same way. I know where i am throughout the hand and it's just a vomit river card. I was upset
    Posted by jugglegeek
    i agree with the stuff in bold and i think flatting the flop is best, however this should definitely be a fold pre given that you're going to be oop and your cold call doesn't close the action.