You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Go compare!!!!!!!!

edited October 2009 in The Shed
Dont you mean dads army? Thats more your era :-)

Comments

• edited October 2009
    Thats it im never going 2 get insurance from go compare that bloke in the advert is doing my nut in, put back on GREEN ARMY
  • edited October 2009
    Having spent 20 odd years working in insurance, I can tell you all those comparison websites are annoying.

Check the excess'es on a lot of those coming up top, very often there is 200/300 excess on claims.

You physically need to change the excess to get a decent policy.

Sometimes the discounts they give you are tiny discounts for a big excess, never normally worth it.

Even now I am out of the game, I tend to get a quote online, then have a word with my local high street broker, mainly because some of the questions on these comparison sites are a little vague, so when it's claim time they try their upmost to find excuses.

At least a broker will stand up for you if the insurance company play funny games, an internet site won't.

Comparison website is just a user friendly term for online broker. They earn there money in exactly the same way a broker does.... commission for passing over business and they market it by saying it must be cheaper because it's online. That's why certain companies advertise that they are not on comparison sites, they don't want to pay the commission.

Do you also know a VERY reputable insurance company pays a bonus to it's claims staff for every claim they manage to void? Scandalous, I tell ya. The stories I have heard, make your hair curl.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Go compare!!!!!!!!:
    Having spent 20 odd years working in insurance, I can tell you all those comparison websites are annoying. Check the excess'es on a lot of those coming up top, very often there is 200/300 excess on claims. You physically need to change the excess to get a decent policy. Sometimes the discounts they give you are tiny discounts for a big excess, never normally worth it. Even now I am out of the game, I tend to get a quote online, then have a word with my local high street broker, mainly because some of the questions on these comparison sites are a little vague, so when it's claim time they try their upmost to find excuses. At least a broker will stand up for you if the insurance company play funny games, an internet site won't. Comparison website is just a user friendly term for online broker. They earn there money in exactly the same way a broker does.... commission for passing over business and they market it by saying it must be cheaper because it's online. That's why certain companies advertise that they are not on comparison sites, they don't want to pay the commission.   Do you also know a VERY reputable insurance company pays a bonus to it's claims staff for every claim they manage to void? Scandalous, I tell ya. The stories I have heard, make your hair curl.
    Posted by Hale72
    HAIR,,wish i had some
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Go compare!!!!!!!!:
    Thats it im never going 2 get insurance from go compare that bloke in the advert is doing my nut in, put back on GREEN ARMY
    Posted by razorkev
    Spoy on Kev. The only downside is that my 16 month old daughter loves it! Still, at least it settles her down in the middle of a tantrum.
  • edited October 2009
    Another quick tip, when looking at house insurance, everyone has a tendancy to click yes on do you have window locks, door locks etc.

The discounts companies give for this are very minimal but when it's claim time, if the burglar got in through the bathroom window and you forgot to lock it, even if they broke the window, BANG, they got you. And if a window was open, even worse. I never even bother applying for these discounts as sometimes they are pennies.

All insurance companies put in their policies a 'forced entry or exit' clause. So if a burglar did not have to force his way in or out, tough, no pennies for you.

Same goes for car insurance, its worded a little like 'keys left ON or IN the vehicle' so next time you leave the keys in while you fill up with petrol, you have been warned.
  • edited October 2009
    Any 1 remember the moose loose in this house advert QUALITY
  • edited October 2009
    Probably THE worst advert ever...whilst comparethemeerkat is probably one of my faves..SIMPLES
  • edited October 2009
    have you been to comparethemeekat.com, it actually exists!!

real fun too.
  • edited October 2009
    Although the kid that 'wants to do a p00 in pauls house' deserves a beating in my book.
  • edited October 2009
    Glad I'm not the only one who finds this annoying. Seem to be fewer adverts these days and more repitition
  • edited October 2009
     I went to my bank told them i could a good deal  on line ...had a quick chat and got the best deal  ive ever had ..check with your bank  on car insurance...glk
  • edited October 2009
    I had a look at the website for my car insurance and decided to use the one I already had.
    One year later I get dozens of leters from insurance companies I have never been with offering me quotes.
    I can only assume that the information was passed on from the online site in question.
    You won't catch me on any of these type of sites again.
  • edited October 2009
    I had a look at the website for my car insurance and decided to use the one I already had. One year later I get dozens of leters from insurance companies I have never been with offering me quotes. I can only assume that the information was passed on from the online site in question. You won't catch me on any of these type of sites again.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Your spot on mate...

Most websites sell on details of any 'failed' quotes to third party companies who in turn sell them on to anyone who is willing to pay for them.

Be careful of market researchers as well, most of those are also to try and gain insight as to who you are with and when it's due.

I always give false details when filling in a survey either in the street or on line and you would be amazed at how many letters I get at the false month I provided.
  • edited October 2009
    The compare sites are not good value.

With regards to Utilities ie Gas Electric Phone Broadband Mobile Phone the best value by miles is Utility Warehouse. They don't use the compare sites because they have to pay them for the service. I could go on for hours on this but I won't. If you're thinking of changing check them out just google Utility Warehouse. My monthly bill for Gas, Electric, Mobile and Home Phone (including all calls), and Broadband is just over £100 and I heat a big house, and my wife and kids never stop talking on the phone.
  • edited October 2009
    In Response to Re: Go compare!!!!!!!! : Your spot on mate... Most websites sell on details of any 'failed' quotes to third party companies who in turn sell them on to anyone who is willing to pay for them. Be careful of market researchers as well, most of those are also to try and gain insight as to who you are with and when it's due. I always give false details when filling in a survey either in the street or on line and you would be amazed at how many letters I get at the false month I provided.
    Posted by Hale72
    i always knew you women were devious, hope you havn,t replied to sky riches surveys lol