You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

One of the first few hands in the DTD

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Is this fold pre too tight? I just don't like the 5x raise, a call and I'm OOP
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Lambert180 Small blind   10.00 10.00 4970.00
Quietly1 Big blind   20.00 30.00 4865.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

Scapman Call   20.00 50.00 4970.00
Kevilfish Raise   100.00 150.00 4870.00
thebramski Call   100.00 250.00 4960.00
royznet Fold        
Lambert180 Fold        
Quietly1 Fold        
Scapman Fold        
Flop

Kevilfish Bet   180.00 430.00 4690.00
thebramski Fold        
Kevilfish Muck        
Kevilfish Win   250.00   4940.00
Kevilfish Return   180.00 0.00 5120.00

Comments

• edited September 2011
    folding might not be horrible, but I would definitely call esp this deep. 5x isnt that big with a limper in front, also limper prob calls to make pot odds better
  • edited September 2011
    I call here.

If hit ace high flop just take check call route.
  • edited September 2011
    dont' mind the fold tbh, but if you c/c three streets then say goodbye to at least 2000 chips
    fink a call is ok 2, but your not loving a AQK flop ) KJ10 flop is good though )
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: One of the first few hands in the DTD:
    dont' mind the fold tbh, but if you c/c three streets then say goodbye to at least 2000 chips fink a call is ok 2, but your not loving a AQK flop ) KJ10 flop is good though )
    Posted by rancid
    Why are you, can't a villain bet 3 streets with AJ TPGK or at least two ?

I would very much like this fllop.
  • edited September 2011
    Its not a bad fold, but i would call

Check/call route if you hit your ace for pot control
  • edited September 2011
    I hate to call with this hand , any Axx flop without a Q and its so hard to know where you are and ive leaked many chips in the past doin the calling route , i still do it though ;)
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: One of the first few hands in the DTD : Why are you, can't a villain bet 3 streets with AJ TPGK or at least two ? I would very much like this fllop.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Not a fan of the passive c/c streets going OOP into a multi way flop with AQ in a MTT 
    Thinks you can find much better spots than this, it's all leaky leaky
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: One of the first few hands in the DTD : Not a fan of the passive c/c streets going OOP into a multi way flop with AQ in a MTT  Thinks you can find much better spots than this, it's all leaky leaky
    Posted by rancid
    You check/call to keep in bluffs and let them think they're getting value with their AJ/A10, yes there's AK but come one lol
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: One of the first few hands in the DTD : You check/call to keep in bluffs and let them think they're getting value with their AJ/A10, yes there's AK but come one lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Dont forget there are plenty of players who play Ax sooted the same way , so technically any flop with an A on it and its very diff to know where you are
  • edited September 2011
    OOP and this early its not a terrible fold depending whats on TV i prob do the same
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: One of the first few hands in the DTD : You check/call to keep in bluffs and let them think they're getting value with their AJ/A10, yes there's AK but come one lol
    Posted by Dudeskin8

I understand the merits of c/c, but just prefer to be in control of the hand.

Plus I wouldn’t want to be c/c v two oppo’s. HU creates another dynamic and obviously you going to c/c at least one street on a Q or A high flop. Turn and river you either have notes that he barrels worse or you just c/c and hope your ok.

Your looking at probably a 1000 pot come the turn so you looking for oppo to check back turn otherwise come river your going to be begging he checks back .

• edited September 2011
    I agree mostly with Rancid, this was my thought. The pot would be 350 if I call, any decent flop bet is gonna be over 200 but say it's 200, 2 calls, you got a 1000+ pot, you got 4500 behind, and you got maybe TPGK or TPTK and you don't really know where you are. As Debs says, too many people will play A2-A9s early on, so whether it comes AJ2 or A59 or any other variation, them hitting 2pr is gonna be disguised and you stand to lose a big chunk.

My theory was just that AQ really doesn't play well multiway and I don't need to risk 100 chips in the hope of basically flopping a monster.
  • edited September 2011
    lol at not playing AQ cause villains might have worse As.

Pot wont always be 1000 come turn (usually wont imo), plenty of value to be had especially if limper comes along. We cant assume opener is barrelling 3 streets always either

I dont think folding is that bad tbh, but some of the reasoning in this thread is pretty weird
  • edited September 2011
    lol at not playing AQ cause villains might have worse As. Pot wont always be 1000 come turn (usually wont imo), plenty of value to be had especially if limper comes along. We cant assume opener is barrelling 3 streets always either I dont think folding is that bad tbh, but some of the reasoning in this thread is pretty weird
    Posted by grantorino
    lolz

lets just say if your going to call, be cautious :)
  • edited September 2011
    i know the villan very well if it was me i would be re raising..... big!!!