You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Midweek footy betting (27th/28th)

edited September 2011 in Betting Chat
Birmingham prevented me from continuing my winning streak at the weekend but there's a few games on Tuesday & Wednesday & hopefully I can get back to winning ways.

I've taken a bit of a risk with my selections for tomorrow night as I don't usually go for more than 4 selections in a main acca but I couldn't resist the price.

Bayern/Man City - Both to score @ 4/6
Lyon to beat Dinamo Zagreb (H) @ 1/3
Derby to beat Barnsley (H) @ 10/11
West Ham to beat Ipswich (H) @ 1/2
Preston to beat Wycombe (A) @ 11/10

These 5 return a terrifically tasty 12/1

The press have been making a big song & dance about how Bayern have only conceded 1 goal in 11 games in all competitions this season with clean sheets in their last 9. At any level of the game that's a fantastic achievement but this run will end sooner or later. City are the visitors to Munich tomorrow night & with them they take an embarrassment of riches up front. With Balotelli, Dzeko, Tevez & Aguero fighting for places up top & Silva, Nasri & Milner providing creativity in midfield it's easy to seee why City haven't failed to score in any game this season. I'm not particularly convinced they can win the game but they should at least get on the scoresheet.
Lyon started their season slowly but have got into their stride now & sit on top of Ligue 1. They're unbeaten at home so far & have won the last 3 there. They had to get past Rubin Kazan in the qualifiers to reach the group stage this term & they won their home leg 3-1. Zagreb lost their opening game against Real Madrid & I can't see them getting anything in France either.
Barnsley killed off my acca on Saturday when they got a very well earned point at Birmingham on Saturday. They travel to Derby tomorrow night who have made a really good start to the season & will be optimistic of continuing that form. The Rams have won 3 of their 4 league games at Pride Park this season & come into this game on the back of two wins (away at Forest & home to Millwall). As mentioned, Barnsley got a fantastic point at St Andrews on Saturday but they've only won once all season & I think Derby will be too strong for them.
My boys come into this game unbeaten in 7 in the league & we're slowly turning the Boleyn into a bit of a fortress again under big Sam. Saturdays win at home to Peterborough wasn't pretty but it was still worth 3 points & we know we've got to make our home games count if we're to get straight back up. Ipswich got a good point away at Middlesbrough at the weekend but they've shown they can be vulnerable this season & not only on the road. Prior to Saturday's point in the North East the Tractor Boys had lost their previous two on the road conceding 9 goals in the process. I don't expect us to win by a big scoreline but I do expect to get the points.
Preston are a massive price to win on the road & quite simply this shouldn't be ignored. Granted, Wycombe got a fantastic win at home to Sheffield United on Saturday but I'd be very surprised if they can repeat that trick tomorrow night. Saturdays win halted a run of 5 consecutive defeats in the league for Wycombe & they'll have their work cut out against an in form Preston side. Preston are unbeaten in 7 in League 1 & have won their last 6 straight. They've yet to lose on the road this term & should continue that run tomorrow night.

Good luck if you're having a go peeps.

Jay

Comments

• edited September 2011

i have done 3 bets:

£2
    Brighton v Crystal Palace Match Result  27/09/2011 19:45 Brighton @ 8/13 
    Burnley v Nottingham Forest Match Result  27/09/2011 19:45 Burnley @ 11/8 
    Derby v Barnsley Match Result  27/09/2011 19:45 Derby @ 10/11 
    West Ham v Ipswich Match Result  27/09/2011 19:45 West Ham @ 1/2 
    MK Dons v Charlton Match Result  27/09/2011 19:45 Charlton @ 9/5 
    Wycombe v Preston Match Result  27/09/2011 19:45 Preston @ 11/10  
    Lyon v Dinamo Zagreb Match Result  27/09/2011 19:45 Lyon @ 2/5  
    Napoli v Villarreal Match Result  27/09/2011 19:45 Napoli @ 5/6 

£2
    CSKA Moscow v Inter Milan Both Teams to Score  27/09/2011 17:00 Yes @ 5/6 
    Bayern Munich v Manchester City Both Teams to Score  27/09/2011 19:45 Yes @ 8/11 
    Watford v Millwall Both Teams to Score  27/09/2011 19:45 Yes @ 8/11 
    Portsmouth v Peterborough Both Teams to Score  27/09/2011 19:45 Yes @ 4/6  
    Bristol City v Reading Both Teams to Score  27/09/2011 19:45 Yes @ 5/6  
    Doncaster v Hull Both Teams to Score  27/09/2011 19:45 Yes @ 5/6  
    Coventry v Blackpool Both Teams to Score  27/09/2011 19:45 Yes @ 5/6  
    MK Dons v Charlton Both Teams to Score  27/09/2011 19:45 Yes @ 8/13 

£5

MK Dons v Charlton Correct Score  27/09/2011 19:45 Charlton 4-1 @ 50/1 

Tidied up a bit the 1st one pays around £300, both teams to score £180 and Charlton £250

• edited September 2011

Just a liitle dabble tonight.

Bayern Munich to beat Man City
    Napoli             to beat Villareal
    West Ham       to beat Ipswich
    Blackpool        to beat Coventry Away.

Pays a decent 11-1 so stuck fiver on

• edited September 2011
    bayern brighton napoli lille pays 12-1 put 3 quid on
  • edited September 2011
    £
    5 Man City to win  4/1
    Free £5 bet onthe draw     11/4
    £2 on Auguero to score 1st + 2-1      69/1
  • edited September 2011
    What a total disaster that was :(

Never mind, time to look at tomorrow's games.
  • edited September 2011
    that bet got well and truly pised on
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (27th/28th):
    Posted by stiffle718
    ^^^Maybe put up one ur own for tonight.^^^

Il prob put a fiver on tonights games, il wait for you post ur picks though Jay.
  • edited September 2011
    Impatience ftw...

I decided to do my own, and for once not go for a complete longshot.

Arsenal v Olympiakos
    AC Milan v Plzen
    Cardiff/Soton Both to Score
    M'Boro/Leicester Both to Score

£10 @ 4.05/1
  • edited September 2011
    Couple of Just For Fun bets...

1)
    Middlesbrough v LeicesterDraw 2-2 @ 12/1BATE Borisov v BarcelonaBarcelona 4-0 @ 15/2Arsenal v OlympiacosArsenal 2-1 @ 15/2Valencia v ChelseaChelsea 2-1 @ 17/2
    2)
    Valencia v ChelseaJuan Mata @ 11/4 in 90minsBATE Borisov v BarcelonaLionel Messi @ 7/4 To Score a BraceCardiff v SouthamptonKenny Miller @ 11/8 in 90minsMiddlesbrough v LeicesterJermaine Beckford @ 7/4 in 90mins
    3) Accumulator Arsenal v OlympiacosArsenal @ 8/15Valencia v ChelseaChelsea @ 7/5Shakhtar Donetsk v APOEL FCShakhtar Donetsk @ 4/7BATE Borisov v BarcelonaBarcelona @ 1/8Bayer Leverkusen v GenkBayer Leverkusen @ 3/10AC Milan v Viktoria PlzenAC Milan @ 2/7
  • edited September 2011
    I've gone for a short priced 4 way tonight. There's a couple of prices I wouldn't usually back but I figured it's best to try & get a small win to get things flowing again.

AC Milan to beat Plzen @ 2/7
    Barcelona to beat BATE @ 1/8 (wouldn't usually touch this but it should be pretty much nailed on)
    Shakhtar to beat APOEL @ 4/7
    Arsenal to beat Olympiacos @ 8/15

The 4 way pays 12/5 so not massive but if it comes in it takes care of last night's loss & gets that winning feeling back.

That's a good call on the both to score markets in the champs tonight splashies. TBH I forgot they were playing tonight so didn't think of looking for them! I could do with both games finishing all square so probably 1-1 to keep your bet alive
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Midweek footy betting (27th/28th):
    Posted by stiffle718
    A nice first post. Welcome to the forum.

TBF, I never claim to be any sort of professional at this but I do research games quite extensively & make the best calls I can. Why not join the fun & post up your own selections every week. 
  • edited September 2011
    Spurs over2.5 goals v Shamrock
    Celtic v 
    Udinese or Draw

£5 returns £14.40

Spurs over3.5 goals
    v Shamrock
    Celtic v
    Udinese

£5 returns £52
  • edited September 2011

Well that spurs game was fun...glad i didnt post all my bets.