You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Slip of a Girl

edited September 2011 in The Shed
My fraudian slip over a year ago - just for the ladies lol!

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?
action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3a5be55893-5627-4ab5-94d3-650c84300e2cDiscussion%3a8b4b7b69-fa00-4cb4-90e8-f5cd452fe967&plckFindPostKey=Cat:57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum:5be55893-5627-4ab5-94d3-650c84300e2cDiscussion:8b4b7b69-fa00-4cb4-90e8-f5cd452fe967Post:b1e1169e-7f25-423e-84a2-f53600021e88

Comments

• edited September 2011
     How to get noticed and become Famous over night.

Yes, little ole me again never one to shy away from coming forward and speaking up.  When I was a young girl my family moved  from London to Hertfordshire and I had to start a new School.  Well, with over a thousand pupils attending I had only made two Friend's in the first week both in my class.  The second week everyone knew who Annie was when the School organized a History day out trip to a Viking settlement and Museum. The next day we had to write an essay about what we had learnt about Viking life. We all handed in our essay's and I forgot all about it till three days later when the Teacher told me and the class I had won a Gold Star for my excellent work in describing how the Vikings lived.  I was then asked to come out front of the class and read it. Feeling really proud of myself I launched into my essay. Well half way through there was a roar of laughter and giggling.  "What"  what's so funny. ?   Looking down and re; reading over what I had written it became obvious why they were laughing.  I had written;   The Vikings sail over to England in their Long Boat's and loot the Country side R ape and Privileged Our women would run and hide in fear of their lives.   Oops! It should have been pillage and I missed the full stop end of sentence.  Red face looking for the big hole in the floor to swallow me up the teacher just smiled and told everyone the importance of Punctuation and proof reading your writing.  This went round the School like wild fire and Annie got teased for weeks by everyone saying " Would you like to be Privileged by a Viking."        Have you made Sigmund Freudian slip. ?     
  • edited September 2011
       "How did I miss that Gem ------ that wasn't funny"!  Did you spot my other Freudian slip still making them even to this day.  Agonize instead of Organize -- to late been proof read and corrected.    I wanted to compliment Hubby on only half completing the decorating while I was on Holiday with my friend,   by saying.  "You must have worked very hard Sweetie Pie to get that much done".   But it came out.  "You lazy b------  been sitting on your a---  all week watching football".  Only a woman will find this funny.?  A man will think ungrateful bitc-. !