You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TSP Bubble time

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Last Night TSP Classic, bubble time think i was like 13/22, 20 get paidany1 else folding here?
i figure UTG's range is pretty wide...i think actually he'd just lost flush over flush or summit and was tilt shoving, BB tho.... i doubt he's getting that excited with any pairs smaller than mine, but on the other hand he could have AQ-AK
i know i have to call 5.5k into 16k or summit, but its likely im up against mayb an overpair/2x villains with overcards

Hand History #418691860 (22:45 26/09/2011)
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancealoette52Small blind 125.00125.0012312.50POKEOFFUBig blind 250.00375.009488.00 Your hole cards99   Mr_LuckboxAll-in 2245.752620.750.00pops1Fold    sikasRaise 4241.506862.2510222.00chipper88Fold    aloette52Fold    POKEOFFUAll-in 9488.0016350.250.00sikasFold   

Comments

• edited September 2011
    if your going to raise fold surely you would just have been better off calling?

After putting in about 30% of my stack i think i'd call and hope for the best.
  • edited September 2011
    i agree i dont see how you can raise fold here, i call
  • edited September 2011
    If I'm playing 99 here I would just reshove as it prevents getting into spots like this. As played you gotta call.
  • edited September 2011

Thinks I would rarther just flat the 9 bb open shove and then fold to a re shove/raise behind.  9’s don’t feel so good going 3 way does it :s

As played

Feels even worse having to fold now, if your always raise folding here with 9’s then you should flat BUT now it's a crying fold

• edited September 2011
    Rasie fold is pretty bad.

Just call IMO.

The cold jam looks so strong tho I think its a good fold but to do most of our stack like this is annoying.

• edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: TSP Bubble time:
    Rasie fold is pretty bad. Just call IMO. The cold jam looks so strong tho I think its a good fold but to do most of our stack like this is annoying.
    Posted by scotty77
    Calling then folding to the jam behind is better than iso jamming ourselves iyo?

The jam behind is gonna be AK loads.....?

I'd 3b jam prob. But genuinely dunno if that's better or worse than the other options.
  • edited September 2011
    yeah been looking at yhis again....

yeah was an error on my part...the iso raise was because i didnt want the blinds calling...but other than that there was no plan ...eek!

anyhoo as played, i ran some numbers and with 99 vs a range of TT+ AKo and AKs and i have 31% equity, and as it was to call 5.5k into 16k+ it should have been a call

fwiw its worth....how deep to we have to be to iso-shove/flat a 10bb shove??

30bb+ flat with 99

0-29bb i suppose iso shove

???
  • edited September 2011
    why not just fold preflop ure in early position and u put yourself in a tricky spot by raising bubble time i would fold the prson who went all in has most probably got 2 over cards so its a flip anyway i would fold and comftably cash in the money 
  • edited September 2011
    as played call obv, esp given losing doesnt crip ple you

Prefer either flatting or shoving pre