You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tricky spot early stage DYM

edited September 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Villain has no notes yet but in the previous hand shoved all in pre and with no takers showed 35os. While making notes, i ran in to this one.

KJs, utg+1 so just a call. Flop look good for me when villain shoves again. Thoughts at the time he was just being an idiot.

Should i be betting out pre flop?
Is this a insta call on his shove on the flop?

Any thoughts would be great.

Cheers

Mac
xxxxSmall blind 25.0025.001837.50BIG_G106Big blind 50.0075.001645.00 Your hole cardsKJ   baden1962Fold    MacacanCall 50.00125.001675.00DaddyMavCall 50.00175.002415.00kjg69Call 50.00225.002665.00xxxxCall 25.00250.001812.50BIG_G106Check    Flop  96K   xxxxAll-in 1812.502062.500.00BIG_G106Fold    Macacan??????    

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Snip SNAP paddy wack. 
  • edited September 2011
    Dont really like the call pre if u want to play the hand riase put i prob fold.

Once you have called can you get a better flop? i assume you call and he has a bigger flush draw he hits, but i dont think i can fold this.
  • edited September 2011
    same as 2 above ^^
  • edited September 2011
    This is awful in a DYM.

You shouldnt be getting involved in hands like this when blinds are 25/50. Especially limping, imo in DYM's you dont need to start playin until level 4 (50/100) then get busy.

But way you played it you cant fold, so you flat pre, one of the best possible flops comes down and you consider folding?
  • edited September 2011
    Limp pre then consider calling a shove this early.
    I don't get the logic of playing a hand your not happy raising with but happy calling your stack off with.
    I understand the guy is a crazy, but even crazy mofo's turn up here with 2 pr.
    Just fold and I am sure you can find a better percentage spot for him to go crazy right into you.

I don't think it's good DYM strategy to get involved with crazies unless you have a hit em over the head hand.

• edited September 2011
    Fold pre!!! if your playing hand raise pre and your getting it in but your chasing as i doubt the king is good (This is bad DYM play though)
    You do not need to double up early in these just sit and wait let them knock eachother out eventually your 4 handed and thats where the play begins.
  • edited September 2011
    Ok . I think the heading should have been "stupid play preflop"

The main reason for posting is that i'm just trying out the DYM for a bit as i mostly play cash and finding the mind set a lot different. From a cash point of view this is certain a playable hand and i would certainly be opening with it.

The limp pre from my view was to see a cheap flop and to see what the villain was up to,"very wrong i know." as for the action on the flop, i though the villain was being an idiot again. Wrong again!

Edit: I made the call, the villain showed K6os. My K is behind and no more clubs turn up, im out. Lesson learnt!

From the flop, I still think this is a call though. Is this wrong?

I appreciate the comments guys, and will take them on board.

cheers

Mac

• edited September 2011
    Fold Pre

As played snap it of
  • edited September 2011
    if ya not liking this y play the hand in the 1st place this is a dream flop for u ya gotta call it of whats the guy jamming all in with so much on cant see it beeing a set maybe ace king or could have lower flush draw i would snap call here in a heartbeat and if u double up should be a easy ride to cash :)