You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A quick poll on the looters and rioters!!

edited October 2011 in The Shed
Today a few go to court to try and have there sentences reduced for there part in the riots across the UK recently but should we stand firm and say do the crime pay the fine? Id be interested to see on the poll what our community thinks

Comments

• edited September 2011
    It depends. 

Some people were nicking tracky bottoms, others were setting fire to half of London. putting lives at risk and ruining lives.

I dunno what the range of penalty/sentences are for the varying level of offences so can't comment.

But anyone who started a fire, insighted a riot, organised a riot, encouraged others to riot etc etc etc shud get the longest sentence possible.

• edited September 2011
    Good point but they all knew what the were doing so the harsher the sentence the better imo
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: A quick poll on the looters and rioters!!:
    Good point but they all knew what the were doing so the harsher the sentence the better imo
    Posted by cleaverjim
    In general, without knowing what sorta punishments they have, I would agree with you.
  • edited September 2011

I think they should all be put in a cell and have to listen to Tikay tell them stories about the railways.
  • edited October 2011
    Government's constantly tell us they can't influence judges over sentencing when some pedo gets 6 months or a rapist get 3 years for multiple offences. Then the riots happen and we have a guy getting 6 months for nicking a bottle of water and unusually long sentences for most others, even those posting on Facebook. These sentences were nothing but a warning to all of us, step out of line and we'll come down hard on you. The government are not scared of these rioters they were on the rob, what scares them is that if things get much worse with the economy and they will trust me, the next lot out on the streets will be targeting them not just shops and businesses.

Do the crime pay the fine!! Don't be fooled into thinking that these sentences are anything but a warning to us all, the pedo's and rapists are still getting a slap on the wrist.

• edited October 2011
    fine them and put them in jail
  • edited October 2011
    All these rioters and looters should have been sent to prison, end of, in my opinion. That god knows how many years old business and building burned to the ground, local small businesses and livelihoods destroyed, people afraid to leave their homes, police assaulted, people robbed and beaten up in the street and vigilantes from the EDL given a perfect excuse to attack people and try to take back the streets of London. We were also a national laughing stock with people watching it all on their tv's globally.

It was a disgusting and damaging national disgrace and dishing out fines is a joke and will deter these scumbags from nothing and they are laughing their heads off.

Not only should shameful dogs like these be sent down (including the females involved) but they should do hard labour building new prisons and learning a trade while they are at it.

If sentences are soft for sex offenders or any other criminals then look no further than lefty bird brain Kenneth Clarke and that brainwashed annoying trout Shammi chakrowotserface.

Rant over.

Peace for the peaceful

Airwalker