You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

[Omaha] Is there any argument for calling twice here, or should this always be a fold?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
4 left, 3 paid. No player had been particularly agressive. On the turn I don't think my 2 pair are good very often, but if I hit my flush I'm probably chip leader and if PITPROP1 wins I still cash. Outcome is obviously the worst possible. So should I have just folded the flop or am I just too results oriented?

Hand History #419729519 (23:23 29/09/2011)

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
olly57 Small blind   150.00 150.00 1902.50
Giant811 Big blind   300.00 450.00 4575.00
  Your hole cards
  • A

dinabb Fold        
PITPROP1 Call   300.00 750.00 9680.00
olly57 Call   150.00 900.00 1752.50
Giant811 Check        
Flop

olly57 Check        
Giant811 Check        
PITPROP1 Bet   900.00 1800.00 8780.00
olly57 Call   900.00 2700.00 852.50
Giant811 Call   900.00 3600.00 3675.00
Turn

• A

olly57 Check        
Giant811 Check        
PITPROP1 Bet   3600.00 7200.00 5180.00
olly57 All-in   852.50 8052.50 0.00
Giant811 All-in   3675.00 11727.50 0.00
PITPROP1 Call   75.00 11802.50 5105.00
olly57 Show
  • J
  • Q
  • Q

Giant811 Show
  • A

PITPROP1 Show

River

olly57 Win Flush to the Ace 6157.50   6157.50
PITPROP1 Win Three 8s 5645.00   10750.00

Comments

• edited October 2011
    yeah i see why i posted this - i take it this is a bounty which can pump up the equity to a moonshoot must call on the turn, i do the same as u but we both play alot of bounty tournies but in a normal MTT the turn is a fold after losing implied odds of flop call - unlucky bro cool post
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: [Omaha] Is there any argument for calling twice here, or should this always be a fold?:
    yeah i see why i posted this - i take it this is a bounty which can pump up the equity to a moonshoot must call on the turn, i do the same as u but we both play alot of bounty tournies but in a normal MTT the turn is a fold after losing implied odds of flop call - unlucky bro cool post
    Posted by _keenberg
    hey keenberg why do u criticise players and the site when u dont win?

was watching u on friday, after u built yourself up claiming to be in the top 10% of online tourny PLO players........................

U seemed to be very weary of the bubble, and when u bubbled, u xploded, like it hurt u.......

critising the guy in the chatbox.

I quote "gg sky poker, i doubt i will  be back after that"

No winning player would ever say that.

R u a fake?

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: [Omaha] Is there any argument for calling twice here, or should this always be a fold?:
    In Response to Re: [Omaha] Is there any argument for calling twice here, or should this always be a fold? : hey keenberg why do u criticise players and the site when u dont win? was watching u on friday, after u built yourself up claiming to be in the top 10% of online tourny PLO players........................ U seemed to be very weary of the bubble, and when u bubbled, u xploded, like it hurt u....... critising the guy in the chatbox. I quote "gg sky poker, i doubt i will  be back after that" No winning player would ever say that. R u a fake?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    i just hate playin for 3 hours to get bubbled... no criticism here except of u.... i was weary of the bubble as i am broke... i go brok as i am not a 'grinder'.... seems ur the negative one here and no im not in top 10% of PLO players, top 5% danke doh ;)
  • edited October 2011
    what is a 'real winning playa' - Hellmuth ?!? Sammy ? Andy Black (quit for looooong time after a bubblicious moment) not sure which ethical pariahs of poker u promoting here but even Anette is an arsey beeetch dude...
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: [Omaha] Is there any argument for calling twice here, or should this always be a fold? : hey keenberg why do u criticise players and the site when u dont win? was watching u on friday, after u built yourself up claiming to be in the top 10% of online tourny PLO players........................ U seemed to be very weary of the bubble, and when u bubbled, u xploded, like it hurt u....... critising the guy in the chatbox. I quote "gg sky poker, i doubt i will  be back after that" No winning player would ever say that. R u a fake?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I really doubt this is true

Judging whether he is good/bad/genius/fish would be pretty difficult on one tournament
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: [Omaha] Is there any argument for calling twice here, or should this always be a fold? : I really doubt this is true Judging whether he is good/bad/genius/fish would be pretty difficult on one tournament
    Posted by grantorino
    well said Grantoirno. think iv only played with Dohhh once or twice and im gonna pretend i remember & say he is amazzzzzin
  • edited October 2011
    i still think the guy deserved beef for shoving his slim stack over my pot raise in his BB with KQs8s4... i understand his stand but this junk (he rivered king over my equallt trashy hand - GAP concept tho i got my pot-committed bet in first - standard) 100% beef-tastic after 3 hours on bubble   ps did my play seem 'worried about the bubble' to u ?? - i may be a euro lagfish but i am a brave one danke dohhhh - what u ever done that makes u judgemental Jesus Christ of the online poker world then ?!? ;)
  • edited October 2011
    check raise all in on the flop and it isn't remotley close imo, our hand has very strong equity vs a LOT of hands and we have a lot of fold equity.