You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

help

edited December 2012 in Poker Chat
Tikay10, what would you do if you were running out of patience in poker?got bored?fed up?tired? Bear in mind,you are still playing poker....I've noticed in tournaments,i start off so well...and then slowly i FEEL i'm giving up and i am!I'm losing my chips slowly and slowly just out of desperation i suppose, calling more hands, calling an ALL-IN etc...I really need help in this part of my game because this would improve me.Thanks

Comments

• edited September 2011
    In Response to help:
    Tikay10, what would you do if you were running out of patience in poker?got bored?fed up?tired? Bear in mind,you are still playing poker....I've noticed in tournaments,i start off so well...and then slowly i FEEL i'm giving up and i am!I'm losing my chips slowly and slowly just out of desperation i suppose, calling more hands, calling an ALL-IN etc...I really need help in this part of my game because this would improve me.Thanks
    Posted by KopKing74
    I have exactly the same problem.

Play faster paced tournaments. The velocity, thews @ 10 etc....

Or sit an gos......

I don't play many of the longer tournaments anymore because I've given up before I've started, focus on your game selection and find something more apropriate.

• edited September 2011
    Try multi tabling with a few SNG's open,  they will keep you focussed and your brain sharp,  well as sharp as usual ;o)
  • edited September 2011
    play hyper turbo husngs..., please play hu hyper sngs they are fun and will be over in 10 seconds
  • edited September 2011

i get the same problem half way through a tourney i think i really cba, maybe have a few days break or play HU hypers or cash at least you can stand when you get bored

• edited September 2011
    Same for me. I load a few cash tables
  • edited October 2012
    Wow, its been a while since original post, but I'm back, havent been on for a while..
    some great suggestions there...however i dont agree with hypercharged...It doesnt really define how good you are, people just go all in, and thats like russian roulette really..anyway, what i do sometimes and it works is watch a movie whilst playing!:) so minimise the player window and watch a movie (really bad movie cos u'll be missing some scenes)..anyway thanks
  • edited October 2012
    Hi kop king

Why don't you watch some videos of Suarez diving .....he could win gold at the olympics...!
     PS Nice tackle on Distin by the way .......we would have had a dozen rolls and a barm cake if it had been the other way around....ha...

Seriously though, i have the tv on myself and watch progs i'd sky plussed then can pause if i'm involved in an important hand. I know i may be pilloried for not focussing totally but i understand the 'needing to play w/ poor hands' and find that i'm less likely to play silly hands this way. Also why not put a quick £5.50 dym up alongside and when you win uv offset the entry fee a bit.
    All the best.
    Hope the banter hasn't upset you fella......it was just a joke like Neville's dive eh? Ha
  • edited December 2012
    In Response to Re: help:
    Hi kop king Why don't you watch some videos of Suarez diving .....he could win gold at the olympics...!  PS Nice tackle on Distin by the way .......we would have had a dozen rolls and a barm cake if it had been the other way around....ha... Seriously though, i have the tv on myself and watch progs i'd sky plussed then can pause if i'm involved in an important hand. I know i may be pilloried for not focussing totally but i understand the 'needing to play w/ poor hands' and find that i'm less likely to play silly hands this way. Also why not put a quick £5.50 dym up alongside and when you win uv offset the entry fee a bit. All the best. Hope the banter hasn't upset you fella......it was just a joke like Neville's dive eh? Ha
    Posted by profman15
    I'm guessing ur an Everton supporter? lol I don't have any problems with them whatsover, in fact, at this moment of time,you have a better team than us, and most defintely a better manager! Moyes is just class. He can buyt the right players or even loan. Thats what u want..He would never come to us though. Banter doesnt upset me mate,its all good.. I shouldnt be saying this but what the hell, I like Everton lol