You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this the worst turn call ever?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancexxxxxxSmall blind £0.25£0.25£111.11StupormanBig blind £0.50£0.75£20.32 Your hole cardsJA   AckersFold    tappazukiRaise £1.50£2.25£42.13lynx3ffectFold    stienRaise £4.50£6.75£44.00xxxxxxCall £4.25£11.00£106.86StupormanFold    tappazukiCall £3.00£14.00£39.13Flop  JQQ   xxxxxxxCheck    tappazukiCheck    stienCheck    Turn  Q   xxxxxCheck    tappazukiCheck    stienBet £6.00£20.00£38.00xxxxxxCall £6.00£26.00£100.86tappazukiFold    River  K   xxxxxxCheck    stienCheck    xxxxxxShowK8   stienMuckJA   xxxxxxWinFull House, Queens and Kings£24.70 £125.56

Comments

• edited September 2011
  • edited September 2011
    No ur river check is far far worse than his call
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this the worst turn call ever?:
    Posted by scotty77

+1
  • edited September 2011
    If you see how I run, I know he's hit. No sense of humour from the peoples champion hey scotty.
  • edited September 2011
    oh was this meant to be a light hearted humourous thread?  cos to me it just looked like OMG someone hit a river thread

peoples champion.  yeah man I like it ty :)
  • edited September 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this the worst turn call ever?:
    Posted by scotty77
    ????? lol really?

I'd bet the river, but checking it is nowhere near as bad a mistake as the guys turn call.

What am I missing.
  • edited September 2011
    because if he is calling stein that light then he is clearly not a reg and therefore we should be value betting at every opportunity against no reg players as this is where most of our profits should be coming from
  • edited September 2011
    ...but checking it is nowhere near as bad a mistake as the guys turn call.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Or indeed the pf call?!
  • edited September 2011
    I just came back to this thread to write that I might have missed the humour/sarcasm, and that you both might be joking......but you really weren't! :S

Whilst I agree with u about missing the river bet, the turn call is still different gravy! Wish u'd left the name in O.P.

• edited September 2011
    Or indeed the pf call?!
    Posted by suedehead7
    I dunno the pre flop cold call doesn't surprise me that much, I see that all the time with those hands.
  • edited September 2011
    I just came back to this thread to write that I might have missed the humour/sarcasm, and that you both might be joking......but you really weren't! :S Whilst I agree with u about missing the river bet, the turn call is still different gravy! Wish u'd left the name in O.P.  
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I think its worse because in poker we should focus on the mistakes we are making and not on what others are making so therefore in terms of our own profitablitity then the river check is worse than the guys turn call
  • edited September 2011
    Come on Scotty, firstly you are assuming that I know the guy is calling me that light pre and on the turn when this was the first hand I had played with him. Sure I can assume he's a new player and therefore a fish, you can choose to take this line. When I bet the river what am I repping? A Q, a turn bluff that's now hit the K, I am hating life if I get reraised here and bet folding. Is he really calling a river bet on a JQQQK board with pocket 6's. Maybe I miss value here but not much.
    It was meant as a humourous post, sadly that was lost on you. It made me laugh because I can see him calling the turn for his flush draw once I see his hand at showdown.

I would also argue that in your case you extract value from players who buy the "I need more buyins than most because I play a very aggro style" line you came out with during your studio appearance when in the vast majority of cases you show up with Helmuths starting hands for begginers, “To begin with, I recommend playing only the top ten hands and folding all others.”– Phil Hellmuth, Play Poker Like the Pros.
  • edited September 2011
    Not the worst, see plenty worse everyday that are pointless in posting!
  • edited September 2011
    Jez and they say i'm miserable, if this thread stays open long enough will the whole clan be on??
  • edited September 2011
    I would also argue that in your case you extract value from players who buy the "I need more buyins than most because I play a very aggro style" line you came out with during your studio appearance when in the vast majority of cases you show up with Helmuths starting hands for begginers, “To begin with, I recommend playing only the top ten hands and folding all others.”– Phil Hellmuth, Play Poker Like the Pros.

wow.  this is amazing.  but w/e if you hvae my game marked down like that I suppose its good for me.  just stunned that someone w has played me for so long and for so many hands has got me down as an ABC reg.

and being able to bet fold is something that a multi tabling reg should be able to do.  if hes calling you this light on the turn then the river is irrelevant.  it ithink your getting caught up by the results of this hand somewhat in that he had the K this time.  people don't fold houses and he won't be folding stuff like 77 here.

but I do see your point and can see why you took the line that you did
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Is this the worst turn call ever? : I think its worse because in poker we should focus on the mistakes we are making and not on what others are making so therefore in terms of our own profitablitity then the river check is worse than the guys turn call
    Posted by scotty77
    So you're saying we can't/shouldn't compare the 2 plays then.......

And using that logic ^^^ (which again I agree with btw) , the slightest mistake we make would be worse than the other guys play (or any other mistake that an opponent could make against us) ?

eg - Us V-betting 1xbb less than we should, in a 250xbb pot, would be a worse mistake than an opponent 5b/calling off against us with 72o 500xbb deep?

In which case the 2 plays (or any 2 plays by different people) are incomparable.