You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL4 linecheck please

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
cudahy Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £1.31
ameliorate Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.04
 Your hole cards
  • K

lordy777 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £2.79
tjaitch Call  £0.04 £0.14 £1.82
jacekp Raise  £0.08 £0.22 £1.26
cudahy Fold     
ameliorate Call  £0.04 £0.26 £3.00
lordy777 Call  £0.04 £0.30 £2.75
tjaitch Call  £0.04 £0.34 £1.78
Flop

ameliorate Check     
lordy777 Bet  £0.17 £0.51 £2.58
tjaitch Fold     
jacekp Call  £0.17 £0.68 £1.09
ameliorate Call  £0.17 £0.85 £2.83
Turn

ameliorate Check     
lordy777 Bet  £0.43 £1.28 £2.15
jacekp Fold     
ameliorate Call  £0.43 £1.71 £2.40
River

ameliorate Check     
lordy777 Check     

I don't think villain has an overpair here so unless they have a set i'm fairly happy but is my play OK? I figure that readless this is the best way to play this hand but any advice would be good

Comments

• edited October 2011
    in NL4 this is kinda not a good move to make, i used to get told off for it all the time, basically, you have flopped top pair, Great kicker, 
    so you shouldnt be checking the turn, as readless your getting no value from the player, if you had reads that he is an aggressive player that will always raise then yes you can argue a check is good, but if your gonna do that you need to be check raising on the river

as the reason we bet on the flop, turn, and river is because villain may or may not be flushing, if he is you want to make him pay to see the next card, if you dont think he has a overpair there is again no reason not to bet, since he checked the river im guessing he didnt have a flush, so maybe he had Q 10, or even J 10.
    If hes not flushing you need to find out where you stand in the hand, and you cant do that whilst checking, cus it opens up to him thinking your hand is weak, and trying to bluff you off the pot, or he could have the goods, 

as for his pre flop raise, im prety confident that means he has something descent hence the reason i said possible Q 10, J 10, but he could just be one of those players that calls with any 2 cards, 
  • edited October 2011

All looks okay to me !

I'd advise that you sit with 100xbb whenever possible though.
  • edited October 2011
    bet flop
    bet turn
    c/c river

---

c/c all the way is not terrible
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 linecheck please:
    All looks okay to me ! I'd advise that you sit with 100xbb whenever possible though.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thx, trying to spin up £10 so playing with around 50BB or 50p/£1 DONs where possible.  I felt c/r at any point would only leave in hands that had me crushed. Wasn't sure on my river play though, should i have called a 3rd barrel? 

Turn was a bit of a blank so I'm pretty happy with that
  • edited October 2011
    All looks okay to me ! I'd advise that you sit with 100xbb whenever possible though.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    BET FLOP Dohhh what do ya do in nl4 if ya hit the flop with TPGK ?? ya bet it
  • edited October 2011

With the betting lead I'd agree, and it's prob not a bad idea to donk bet here also considering it was only a min raise.

But the check/call (pot control) line is probably ok out of position multi way.
  • edited October 2011
    Yh even though the minraise pre is an awful one it's still a raise and being first to act check calling is fine as your hand is strong but not massive.
  • edited October 2011
    Yh even though the minraise pre is an awful one it's still a raise and being first to act check calling is fine as your hand is strong but not massive.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Was fully expecting a "fold pre" from you! ;-)
  • edited October 2011
    With the betting lead I'd agree, and it's prob not a bad idea to donk bet here also considering it was only a min raise. But the check/call (pot control) line is probably ok out of position multi way.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Check call all the way is fine here. You probably have the best hand since there wasn't much action before the flop to sugest AT. Any agressive action from you is more likely to get called by a better hand than a worse hand. However you keep checking and calling your opponent gets the least value if he does have the best hand.

If he bets the river here I would call as well since most NL4 players don't bet their flush draws for value unless they have AKs/AQs.

Most likely hand here is JT or QT I think
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 linecheck please : Was fully expecting a "fold pre" from you! ;-)
    Posted by Patching99
    Well if I was multitabling I would just click the check/fold box straight away but 1 tabling (is that possible at NL4 lol) defo call.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 linecheck please : Well if I was multitabling I would just click the check/fold box straight away but 1 tabling (is that possible at NL4 lol) defo call.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    Even multitabling im not folding KTs in this spot. Look at the value we're getting. I rarley disagree with you on NL4 hands mate, but i have to here im afraid.

Post flop. Check call flop isnt bad i guess, but id prefer to be betting myself. Id probably lead for the pot trying to get in as soon as possible. Charge em for that flush draw. 

Also sit with the max.  
  • edited October 2011
    I think you played it fine

Are the people who want to lead flop b/f or b/3b?

Also are we always c/c this river
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: NL4 linecheck please : Check call all the way is fine here. You probably have the best hand since there wasn't much action before the flop to sugest AT. Any agressive action from you is more likely to get called by a better hand than a worse hand. However you keep checking and calling your opponent gets the least value if he does have the best hand. If he bets the river here I would call as well since most NL4 players don't bet their flush draws for value unless they have AKs/AQs. Most likely hand here is JT or QT I think
    Posted by jugglegeek
    You got villains hand spot on(JT).  Your reasoning was the same as mine, I just wasn't sure what to do if they fired a third barrell.  On a more wet flop i would c/r more often but I felt with such a dry kind of board they would hang themselves more times that I would hang myself.