You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bet/fold or Check/fold?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Player multitables but only seen them just today so can't be sure how they play. Also is cbet too small ?
genpatton Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £10.77
Dudeskin8 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.90
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

clegger Fold        
bazb Fold        
x Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £10.46
genpatton Fold        
Dudeskin8 Raise   £0.90 £1.35 £9.00
x Call   £0.70 £2.05 £9.76
Flop

Dudeskin8 Bet   £1.20 £3.25 £7.80
x Call   £1.20 £4.45 £8.56
Turn

• Q

Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited October 2011
    I don't think you should waste anymore money on it unless you think that he would ever believe you have a Q and he will fold.

I wouldn't even bother betting on the flop 347 rainbow what are you trying to achieve with that?
  • edited October 2011
    double barrels are fun

but this looks like a c/f prob
  • ybyb
    edited October 2011
    if i'm betting that flop i'm definitely going to double barrel that turn, its probably the best card to see apart from an ace or king.
  • edited October 2011
    i totally agree with yb, you dont have to bet big either ..£2-£3 quid

I c bet nearly 100% of the time v 1 oppo and normally make it half to 2/3 pot if a bit wet so ur sizing is something that i would bet.. if that's any consolation lol
  • edited October 2011
    What hands do you think he will fold if you barrell the turn? 
  • edited October 2011
    hand like 55s 66s maybe 88s 99s all the hand that floted u on the flop and hand like yours ace hi.
  • edited October 2011
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii an AK thread from the dude ;))

Seriously though ya bet the flop so ya gotta bet the turn
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Bet/fold or Check/fold?:
    Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii an AK thread from the dude ;)) Seriously though ya bet the flop so ya gotta bet the turn
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Why?

What r we trying to achieve, using the range of hands he might be holding (and how he might react to a turn bet with these hands) to justify your thoughts?

Also what's our plan on the river?

*Test*
  • edited October 2011
    c/f flop or be prepared to fire a barrell on nearly all turns, unless villain is known to be weaktight. I'm definitely betting a queen if I bet flop
  • edited October 2011
    Reason for betting flop is if he's calling 3bet pre with random overscards less than AK than he surely folds them to cbet on flop but if I check he bets anything and I have to fold which seems really defeatist, of course he can call 3bet pre with pairs like 99/100 which call flop so that's where it goes wrong.

So in general what sort of flops are good to cbet, minimum of J high? and also IP would a cbet be ok here ?
  • edited October 2011
    Reason for betting flop is if he's calling 3bet pre with random overscards less than AK than he surely folds them to cbet on flop but if I check he bets anything and I have to fold which seems really defeatist, of course he can call 3bet pre with pairs like 99/100 which call flop so that's where it goes wrong. So in general what sort of flops are good to cbet, minimum of J high? and also IP would a cbet be ok here ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    "1 from the top, and 2 from the the bottom please Carol"
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Bet/fold or Check/fold? : Why? What r we trying to achieve, using the range of hands he might be holding (and how he might react to a turn bet with these hands) to justify your thoughts? Also what's our plan on the river? *Test*
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Why ?? cos if we fire 1 barrell we gotta be prepared to fire again , if not then surely we should only check flop , IF they call again it obv depends on the river card
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Bet/fold or Check/fold? : Why ?? cos if we fire 1 barrell we gotta be prepared to fire again , if not then surely we should only check flop , IF they call again it obv depends on the river card
    Posted by debdobs_67
    You didn't mention his hands/range once in your explanation tho.

What r we looking to fold out?
  • edited October 2011
    In English please Dohhh ?
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Bet/fold or Check/fold? : You didn't mention his hands/range once in your explanation tho. What r we looking to fold out?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Fair point about betting, but I'm interested in what you think is a better line and why.