You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How can u tell that sky poker is manufactured????

edited October 2011 in Area 51
Well...where to start really..firstly i would like to say that i found a site...where guess what???....there are people playing from all over the world...obviously that means there numbers are far and above that of sky's numbers...and the tourneys are far more difficult to win...because a) the numbers are greater...and B) the betting is a bit more haphazard...(i.e.allins on 2-6 unsuited which makes u fold ur k-j)...however once u ascertain this..it is possible to get deep in tournaments that pay out perhaaps...(with one a) ..at least 160 places....
The best thing about this site is...guess what?...there isn't 80  flushes in the first hour...(particularly in the spade suit...anyone notice the spade flushes on sky)...like real poker...and also like real poker... when u go all in on the turn with the strongest hand....u only get beat once or twice out of ten times...as opposed to 7 or 8 times on skys manufactured hands..which incidentally could work in ur favour...depending on sky's rake...(which  means the player with the lowest stack will usually win one or two all-ins)...which granted is buttons...untill u multiply it by every player playing 4 to 6 hours a day....(which i'm sure skys random (hahahaha) number generator can do far quicker than little me...even with my socks of.
My advice is try other sites...and whatever you do...don't complain like this....I only do it because i wont be playing this site again after i use my useless free points....I have been red flagged...which means hands like the following example will be continuous until sky gets rid of me....please dont listen to tales of professionals winning every week...there are sites where the professionals are not invisable entitys...where they have names and can speak for themselves...go search they're easy to find.    Now watch this for a player red flagged...it's a joke...of course he can fill a poker...but why would it give me the big house????
bluffcrazy Small blind  300.00 300.00 30982.50
steeil41 Big blind  600.00 900.00 47355.00
 Your hole cards
  • K

NDL Fold     
boygoy Fold     
edge215 Call  600.00 1500.00 7996.25
bluffcrazy Call  300.00 1800.00 30682.50
steeil41 Raise  600.00 2400.00 46755.00
edge215 Call  600.00 3000.00 7396.25
bluffcrazy Call  600.00 3600.00 30082.50
Flop

bluffcrazy Bet  3600.00 7200.00 26482.50
steeil41 Fold     
edge215 All-in  7396.25 14596.25 0.00
bluffcrazy Call  3796.25 18392.50 22686.25
bluffcrazy Show
  • Q

edge215 Show
  • K

Turn

• Q

River

bluffcrazy Win Two Pairs, Queens and 10s 18392.50.....

now watch this one......so crooked its funny....and these 2 hands aren't a fair appraisal of how manufactured sky poker is.....this has been happening time after time aftertime aftertime..etc etc etc...
edge215 Small blind  15.00 15.00 4430.00
safcdt20 Big blind  30.00 45.00 1515.00
 Your hole cards

dfc123 Call  30.00 75.00 1557.50
suzy666 Fold     
solooooooo Call  30.00 105.00 4282.50
edge215 Call  15.00 120.00 4415.00
safcdt20 Check     
Flop

edge215 Check     
safcdt20 Bet  45.00 165.00 1470.00
dfc123 Fold     
solooooooo Call  45.00 210.00 4237.50
edge215 Raise  300.00 510.00 4115.00
safcdt20 Fold     
solooooooo Call  255.00 765.00 3982.50
Turn

edge215 Check     
solooooooo Check     
River

edge215 Bet  765.00 1530.00 3350.00
solooooooo All-in  3982.50 5512.50 0.00
edge215 All-in  3350.00 8862.50 0.00
edge215 Unmatched bet  132.50 8730.00 132.50
edge215 Show

solooooooo Show

solooooooo Win Four 3s 8730.00
sky is the most manufctured site online...if u complain they wont immediately throw u of...but they will red flag you....and u will constantly lose to hands like above...of course these hands can happen...but come on..if your a poker player...have u ever seen this happen so much?....dont just look at your own hands...watch the beats on the table your playing...if your winning...its a false dawn...sooner or later youll fall in the target area....go look at the other sites...theres sites there that youll still lose on...but not to manufactured hands....so at least the enjoyment hasnt been took out of the game....i gain nothing out of saying this....so why would i lie????

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Everything is manufactured.
  • edited October 2011
    i wondered why i was losing sooo many hands, so if i stop whinging i will not have a chance of winning that award but the plus side, i can start winning again
  • edited October 2011
    lets see if it works...

sky is fantastic, brilliant, rng is good, its the best.
  • edited October 2011
    The only person who could prove this one way or the other would be one of the programming team that created the software - and then it would be a team, with individuals responsible for different bits of the whole.

I think to put your initial allegation into perspective, it's necessary to know a little more about your whole experience on sky. For example:

Total number of hands played.
    Games (cash, SnG etc)
    Total wagered
    Total win/loss
    %age of hands you've lost where you've lost more than, say 50 BBs (my measurement) in one hit

I don't normally research players, but I've just typed your handle into Sharkscope.com - for SnGs it shows just 22 on the clock. The results figures don't hang together, so have to be taken with a large pinch of salt -ie 22 games with an average stake of $10 = $220 in total, and 30$ total losses doesn't give an RoI of -34%, more like -13%. Bearing in mind the 10% buy-in on games at this level, and your results aren't looking too bad. Having said this, 22 games is not statistically significant, and you can't hang your hat on any results from them, and particularly on isolated hands.

I played for a short while on 888, but don't anymore. The interface is cr@p, the session hand histories aren't as comprehensive as they are on Sky (making analysis a painful, manual exercise) and I had a few words to say on how they do their signup bonuses - let's just say that they're less than upfront about when you actually get to play with the money they give you for opening an account. My results on 888 were actually worse than on Sky.

Good cards in the future.

• edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: How can u tell that sky poker is manufactured????:
    The only person who could prove this one way or the other would be one of the programming team that created the software - and then it would be a team, with individuals responsible for different bits of the whole. I think to put your initial allegation into perspective, it's necessary to know a little more about your whole experience on sky. For example: Total number of hands played. Games (cash, SnG etc) Total wagered Total win/loss %age of hands you've lost where you've lost more than, say 50 BBs (my measurement) in one hit I don't normally research players, but I've just typed your handle into Sharkscope.com - for SnGs it shows just 22 on the clock. The results figures don't hang together, so have to be taken with a large pinch of salt -ie 22 games with an average stake of $10 = $220 in total, and 30$ total losses doesn't give an RoI of -34%, more like -13%. Bearing in mind the 10% buy-in on games at this level, and your results aren't looking too bad. Having said this, 22 games is not statistically significant, and you can't hang your hat on any results from them, and particularly on isolated hands. I played for a short while on 888, but don't anymore. The interface is cr@p, the session hand histories aren't as comprehensive as they are on Sky (making analysis a painful, manual exercise) and I had a few words to say on how they do their signup bonuses - let's just say that they're less than upfront about when you actually get to play with the money they give you for opening an account. My results on 888 were actually worse than on Sky. Good cards in the future.
    Posted by Goethe
    i would have to agree about 888, just everything about it is bad.

if you were to check my stt, you see 2000 plus games. and since i praised sky this morning  i am 10-2 in the black...  come on sky, all is forgiven.. lol
  • edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    Sorry, bit confused . . . what, exactly, are you saying?
  • edited October 2011
     THERE'S NOT  A CLOUD IN THE SKY. XXX
  • edited October 2011
     THERE'S NOT  A CLOUD IN THE SKY. XXX
    Posted by logdon
    got a couple of wispy ones
  • edited October 2011
    I LUV SKY XXX
    Posted by debdobs_67
    + 1
  • edited October 2011
    total rubbish!

but gl with your new site.

maybe you can return and show your fantastic results in the near future and rub all our noses in it?
  • edited October 2011
    Pity more players don't actually buy into the discussion side of poker....because it certainly does improve your game......sharkscope proves nothing when you talk about a learning curve.....I have no problem admitting to losing a lot of money over my initial three or four months on this site...I didn't realise that you needed to forget everything u ever knew about poker ... and start remembering that on sky in particular.....hands like 6-8...5-7... 2-5...and 6-4...are far superior to hands such as a-k..or a-q...or that j-j is one of the worst hands ever...certainly 6-4 is a far more prolific hand...as 2-3-5 ...often fills this in.....and if you do like to fish for trips...well pkt 3's or pkt 4's are by far the best bait....unfortuneately poker players tend to fold these hands....but hey...fair play to anyone who is reading the site right and cashing in.....all-ins on suited cards can be especially beneficial when playin on sky.....flushes are more go than thunderbirds at a puppet disaster....we play the site so much that hands like these begin to look normal...flushes..straights...houses...and pokers...are a rarity in poker...not least because players with sense tend to fold the likes of 6-7 or 10-3 suited in real gameplay....this site plays like facebook poker....i.e..as if players have nothing to lose....river beats r particularly severe...especially on gutshots...of course it happens...but i urge u to watch every single hand involved or not....it just happens far to often to be random....and far too often when reaching the latter stages of tourneys.....also...could anybody give a decent explanation why so many lowstacks can win all-ins time after time after time...usually forced into all-ins with poor cards that come up trumps...Finally...we should never underestimate what a computor can do....mods will always say it would take this and it would take that...but all it ever takes with a computor...is a push of a button.,,(if buttons haven't been made obsolete yet)....but hey i'm not trying to put anyone of anything....certainly sky has made me a far better poker player than i could have hoped for.....I can and do win tournaments.....but i dont like to rely on that which is completely manufactured.....i.e...programmed...poker is not a game of chance...it is a random game of skill...nerve...and a healthy injection of chance..,..on sky there is nothing random nothing skillful and nothing is left to chance....but hey...if youve got the nerve you've got the nous....good luck...but i'll say it again...on other sites maybe completely dedicated to the game....you'll get less big hands...but you certainly have a better chance of winning if you play real poker......sleigh this off all you want...i haphazardly used the rest of my free points...(how free are freerolls when the site pockets the rebuys...lol).....and like i say i'm not making anything out of saying this....but it's so obvious when your playing how programmed it is....i'll never play poker on the site again....so ave and good luck all.....mods inclusive....as i don't think they're privvy to the innermost workings of their employers.....difficult job....and for the most part well handled......
  • edited October 2011

i love sky poker ,,it's just the abuse i get when i knock somone out,,realy annoys me,,i get knocked out,, im more annoyed at myself for getting succered in,,

• edited October 2011
    Pity more players don't actually buy into the discussion side of poker....because it certainly does improve your game......sharkscope proves nothing when you talk about a learning curve.....I have no problem admitting to losing a lot of money over my initial three or four months on this site...I didn't realise that you needed to forget everything u ever knew about poker ... and start remembering that on sky in particular.....hands like 6-8...5-7... 2-5...and 6-4...are far superior to hands such as a-k..or a-q...or that j-j is one of the worst hands ever...certainly 6-4 is a far more prolific hand...as 2-3-5 ...often fills this in.....and if you do like to fish for trips...well pkt 3's or pkt 4's are by far the best bait....unfortuneately poker players tend to fold these hands....but hey...fair play to anyone who is reading the site right and cashing in.....all-ins on suited cards can be especially beneficial when playin on sky.....flushes are more go than thunderbirds at a puppet disaster....we play the site so much that hands like these begin to look normal...flushes..straights...houses...and pokers...are a rarity in poker...not least because players with sense tend to fold the likes of 6-7 or 10-3 suited in real gameplay....this site plays like facebook poker....i.e..as if players have nothing to lose....river beats r particularly severe...especially on gutshots...of course it happens...but i urge u to watch every single hand involved or not....it just happens far to often to be random....and far too often when reaching the latter stages of tourneys.....also...could anybody give a decent explanation why so many lowstacks can win all-ins time after time after time...usually forced into all-ins with poor cards that come up trumps...Finally...we should never underestimate what a computor can do....mods will always say it would take this and it would take that...but all it ever takes with a computor...is a push of a button.,,(if buttons haven't been made obsolete yet)....but hey i'm not trying to put anyone of anything....certainly sky has made me a far better poker player than i could have hoped for.....I can and do win tournaments.....but i dont like to rely on that which is completely manufactured.....i.e...programmed...poker is not a game of chance...it is a random game of skill...nerve...and a healthy injection of chance..,..on sky there is nothing random nothing skillful and nothing is left to chance....but hey...if youve got the nerve you've got the nous....good luck...but i'll say it again...on other sites maybe completely dedicated to the game....you'll get less big hands...but you certainly have a better chance of winning if you play real poker......sleigh this off all you want...i haphazardly used the rest of my free points...(how free are freerolls when the site pockets the rebuys...lol).....and like i say i'm not making anything out of saying this....but it's so obvious when your playing how programmed it is....i'll never play poker on the site again....so ave and good luck all.....mods inclusive....as i don't think they're privvy to the innermost workings of their employers.....difficult job....and for the most part well handled......
    Posted by edge215
    I lol'd

Use paragraphs.

Have a good poker life elsewhere, doubt it will be more profitable though if players here are as bad as you say. Also if you are never playing here again, and make post like this at 4am, you may want to think about why you would spend the time posting this 
  • edited October 2011
    i love sky poker ,,it's just the abuse i get when i knock somone out,,realy annoys me,,i get knocked out,, im more annoyed at myself for getting succered in,,
    Posted by BOOGI
    it is ok when you get knock out by good play and good hands, it is when you get the people of call 2k raises with 7 3 os that is  annoying
  • edited October 2011
    you also know that it is not your turn to win when someone wins 5 all-ins in a row.. and then you get a fantastic hand pre, getting it call by rubbish and they hit something special
  • edited October 2011
    you also know that it is not your turn to win when someone wins 5 all-ins in a row.. and then you get a fantastic hand pre, getting it call by rubbish and they hit something special
    Posted by bigal36903
    Have you seen who's in the top 10 of the Sit and Go poker league Alan?

Yer avin' that son!
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: How can u tell that sky poker is manufactured???? : Have you seen who's in the top 10 of the Sit and Go poker league Alan? Yer avin' that son!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    lol some people are never happy!

bid al was telling me he won 42 dym in one day and he still moans about beats :)
  • edited October 2011
    Couldnt agree more however its down to the players on here, especially at lower levels, that seem to think their tom dwann and can call any two. The 'action' flops on here are crazy and I would love to see poker regulators, whoever they are, compare Rake profit of sites when the grant yearly licences.
  • edited October 2011
    Oh and what site u on?? PPL above mentioned 88 with no probs so what site u playin Edge?
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: How can u tell that sky poker is manufactured???? : lol some people are never happy! bid al was telling me he won 42 dym in one day and he still moans about beats :)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    wot i win and lose has nothing to do with anything
  • edited October 2011
    Posted by edge215
    That is the longest 'sentence' I have ever read.