You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

line check NL4 v solid reg

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Ok this was last night, and irish rover has that challege going so i wasnt playing my normal NL4 game anyways. However in this hand below im in a pot v rancid flopping top set. Now i know Rancid isnt going to stack of light v me. Or is more unlikley to stack light. So i wasnt ever sure how to get paid for my hand.

Therefore im posting it as im still not sure i played it optimal.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
nanzero Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.04
riveredit Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £0.51
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

rancid Raise  £0.12 £0.18 £3.90
NColley Fold     
The_Don90 Raise  £0.44 £0.62 £3.40
YOUNG_GUN Fold     
nanzero Fold     
riveredit Fold     
rancid Call  £0.32 £0.94 £3.58
Flop

• A

rancid Check     
The_Don90 Check     
Turn

rancid Check     
The_Don90 Bet  £0.52 £1.46 £2.88
rancid Call  £0.52 £1.98 £3.06
River

rancid Check     
The_Don90 Bet  £1.08 £3.06 £1.80
rancid Call  £1.08 £4.14 £1.98
The_Don90 Show
  • A
  • A

rancid Muck

The_Don90 Win Full House, Aces and 4s £3.82  £5.62

Comments

• edited October 2011
    meh, that comp prob changes dynamic a lot

I prefer betting flop and checking back turn, but you prob cant get more than 2 streets. Bet bigger on turn and river if you bet
  • edited October 2011

I like it. No point betting the flop since there is no hand and no draw that will call you unless they have Ax, or a worse set. I would take the same line against rancid as I would against an unknown. Against a fish I might be inclinded to ship on the river. Since if a fish is going to call a bet on that board they are going to call any bet. They either have a pair of aces or a set. Either way it's a hand that a total muppet can't get away from.

I'm suprised at rancid's call on the end though. Guess he put you on Kx of spades or something like that.
  • edited October 2011
    I'd make some sort of comedy bet on flop, just don't feel right checking back even though it is very dry so like 20p etc which looks super weak.

Turn as played I would make it 70-80p.

River after being called on turn I would bet a lot more, at least £1.60 imo.
  • edited October 2011
    think you got max value with the check on flop and delayed c -bet
    either monster/under pr/nothing - thought about c/r repping ace on turn but really standard line i would have folded

the dynamic made me call )

The thing is you kinda flopped too good, really annoying i find.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: line check NL4 v solid reg:
    think you got max value with the check on flop and delayed c -bet either monster/under pr/nothing - thought about c/r repping ace on turn but really standard line i would have folded the dynamic made me call ) The thing is you kinda flopped too good, really annoying i find.
    Posted by rancid
    ty for responding mate. was going to discuss this hand with you but only when i looked at it today i decided that i needed to assess it again. :) Yeah against urself i wasnt sure how to play. Flopping to hard syndrome.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: line check NL4 v solid reg:
    In Response to Re: line check NL4 v solid reg : ty for responding mate. was going to discuss this hand with you but only when i looked at it today i decided that i needed to assess it again. :) Yeah against urself i wasnt sure how to play. Flopping to hard syndrome.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Think against anyone your just looking for max value.
    Hopefully oppo has set/AK/ stubborn KK or QQ
    Nothing else is going to give you action really

You may aswell bet turn bigger and river bigger, may even just shove river.
    No point not betting as they either have the hand or not, obviously you want them to catch up
    but it's very unlikely they will as the odds are stacked againt it.