You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How does NL10 play?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
In the last month I've got by BR from £90 to £200 and I will shortly be ready for some NL10. I play very tight and bet big as per DOHHHHHHH's stratergy at NL4 but I have some questions:

Should I widen my opening range and calling range pre-flop

Should my opening raises still be 5x (more with limpers)

Is bluffing worth a try? Since I'll not be multi-tabling I will bet getting reads on players. Does floating and barelling work at this level or should I stick to playing my cards?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Some will tell you to maintain the way you have already been playing , i play the players not specific to any level and bet/raise/call/bluff with or without the goods accordingly
  • edited October 2011
    Just stick to what u were doing, 10nl will be not much different. I wouldnt be doing anything to advanced. 
  • edited October 2011
    3x raise as standard - adjust to 4x if table if calling light - if the table is station paradise then 5x

Plays kinda the same but you do have a lot mote regs therefore you need to know your oppo
    Treat them all as tight and adjust accordingly

good luck find the fish at any level is the name of the game otherwise you just hope to be on the right side of coolers

• edited October 2011
    My 3rd hand at NL10. Same as it ever was then...
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    JHEROCALLH Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.70
    denty765 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £11.03
      Your hole cards
    • A

2776reed06 Fold        
    budgirl Fold        
    X
    Call   £0.10 £0.25 £9.20
    jugglegeek Raise   £0.50 £0.75 £9.35
    JHEROCALLH Fold        
    denty765 Fold        
    X Call   £0.40 £1.15 £8.80
    Flop

X
    Bet   £0.58 £1.73 £8.22
    jugglegeek Raise   £2.31 £4.04 £7.04
    X
    Call   £1.73 £5.77 £6.49
    Turn

X
    All-in   £6.49 £12.26 £0.00
    jugglegeek Call   £6.49 £18.75 £0.55
    X
    Show
    • K

jugglegeek Show
    • A

River

jugglegeek Win Pair of 10s £17.35   £17.90
  • edited October 2011
    I used to play there often ages ago, and was a consistent winner there.....5x is wayy to big,  your c bets are going to be big reletive to stacks...

..play position, be patient,.. find the fish and dont be one. OH yeah do not bluff! or be careful when doing so at least...
  • edited October 2011
    Also is it wise to play at the mastercash tables and buy in for £10. I wouldn't be comfortable buying in for £20 with my roll as it is but am I loosing a significant edge? It seems to me that master cash NL10 might be a good place to find fish since they get the chance to be on TV ;-)
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: How does NL10 play?:
    Also is it wise to play at the mastercash tables and buy in for £10. I wouldn't be comfortable buying in for £20 with my roll as it is but am I loosing a significant edge? It seems to me that master cash NL10 might be a good place to find fish since they get the chance to be on TV ;-)
    Posted by jugglegeek
    I personally don't play on those tables as like you am not comfortable starting with 200bb's but if you have the BR it's fine to play them. On Mastercash nights a lot of REGS plays them so I would stay clear and stick to hunting out the fish on other tables, but again if there's a lot of fish on a MC table then have a pop.
  • edited October 2011
    Posted by jugglegeek
    Plenty of players will tell you NOT to buy in at any level with less than the max (£20) in this case , i normally buy in for max BUT if i step up to say nl30/nl50 i dont buy in for max , what i do is look for players at these tables with biggish stacks who i know to be a bit loose vs shortys and try to play hands with them when i get vg startin hands as i find they are more than willing to pay you off with marginals.
  • edited October 2011
    Lots of players only buyin for £10 on the mastercash tables anyway.

So if it's got lots of players on there doing that then do the same.

• edited October 2011
    Problem with mastercash playing with £10 is topping up gets trciky having to type it in.
  • edited October 2011
    Problem with mastercash playing with £10 is topping up gets trciky having to type it in.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
     no just press max buy in then delete the first digit ..simples
  • edited October 2011
    Aghhh! what's going on?
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    stedafish Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £14.60
    jugglegeek Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £12.49
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

MELfeaAYR Call   £0.10 £0.25 £6.19
    AnteDote Call   £0.10 £0.35 £8.79