You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TPMK + draw. Overplayed?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
on this hand. ive been on this table est time of 30 mins. Guy to my left been pretty lag. The rest of the table very cally. As ive been a little more rolled of late ive been working on my post flop game. I decided to try take a cheap flop here with high connectors, oops. anyways as it gets back to me i see good odds?

As the flop comes down i hit reasonably hard. Usually in these spots id just flat down. however given the size of the open and stacks im not sure thats correct. So posting up the hands for views
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
acenuts Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £2.60
sowden03 Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £11.56
 Your hole cards
  • J

kayjane861 Call  £0.04 £0.10 £1.96
smthstve10 Call  £0.04 £0.14 £2.80
The_Don90 Call  £0.04 £0.18 £5.83
acenuts Raise  £0.18 £0.36 £2.42
sowden03 Call  £0.16 £0.52 £11.40
kayjane861 Fold     
smthstve10 Call  £0.16 £0.68 £2.64
The_Don90 Call  £0.16 £0.84 £5.67
Flop

• J

acenuts Bet  £0.84 £1.68 £1.58
sowden03 Fold     
smthstve10 Call  £0.84 £2.52 £1.80
The_Don90 All-in  £5.67 £8.19 £0.00
acenuts All-in  £1.58 £9.77 £0.00
smthstve10 All-in  £1.80 £11.57 £0.00
The_Don90 Unmatched bet  £3.03 £8.54 £3.03
acenuts Show
  • A

smthstve10 Show
  • Q

The_Don90 Show
  • J

Turn

• K

River

The_Don90 Win Pair of Jacks £7.89  £10.92

Comments

• edited October 2011
    fold pre, fold flop!!

i dont care about the result i saw that afterwards
  • edited October 2011
    fold pre

flop is ok.  we cant call pre and then fold when we flop top pair and gutshot
  • edited October 2011
    Yh fold pre, two stacks before you are short as well so no point raising and building pot with average hand.

Flop you get a POT BET and FLAT from two stacks you have ZERO fold equity against so I can't see why you would shove here when one could easily have a better Jack that's not folding meaning you're drawing to a 9 or 10 and HAVE to hit as they'r never folding. Here you we're amazingly lucky both had nowt but long term I think you're burning money here surely.
  • edited October 2011
    Pretty awful imo
  • edited October 2011
    what happened to nit don!
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: TPMK + draw. Overplayed?:
    what happened to nit don!
    Posted by NColley
    sometimes nit don is around others lag don is around.
  • edited October 2011
    Limp pre is acceptable. Once it's raised up behind, just fold. 

We don't play these hand's to go broke when we flop top pair.

You have a draw, and good turn cards, but I don't love it. 

I probably admit I've ballsed it up pre, take my 4xbb loss on the chin, and just fold flop.
  • edited October 2011
    fold or raise pre - flatting your button only gives you one way to win pot - raising gives you more options
    when they raise, either fold or 3 bet bluff tbh

flop plays itself with oppo's stack sizes, if they were 100bb would you play if anothe way - i do hope so because your only getting called by a better hand
  • edited October 2011
    cant see a limp 3bet getting much credit preflop considering that in no concievable way would we limp behind a premium hand on the button. I think our hand looks like an airball or 44-77 when we do this. i agree tho preflop is a bit of a clusterfck don't actually HATE the overlimp OTB considering that everyone is going to call if we squeeze regardless and we have a nice flopable hand. hve to fold to the squeeze even though we're getting  sick price, I think we're going have some reversed implied odds issues post flop, and unsuited I just don't quite think we're strong enough.

I really don't like jamming the flop, we're kinda turning our hand into a bluff for no reason - nothing worse ever calls and this isn't really a spot where I think we can make overpairs and better JACKS fold - 4 handed as well it's pretty feesible someone has outfloped us here and is going to cling on.

I'm torn between flatting and folding the flop, if it wasn't 4way it's a no brainer flat call IMO, but leading into 3 other players really makes me wanna fold