You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

good or bad fold?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
the villian is a very well known loose aggro reg,just want to get opinions if this is gd or bad fold
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceLefty9Small blind £0.25£0.25£64.68lynx3ffectBig blind £0.50£0.75£50.25 Your hole cardsKK   scotty77Fold    villianRaise £1.50£2.25£54.28liamboi11Raise £5.00£7.25£64.07Lefty9Fold    lynx3ffectFold    villianCall £3.50£10.75£50.78Flop  665   villianCheck    liamboi11Bet £7.50£18.25£56.57villianRaise £15.00£33.25£35.78liamboi11Call £7.50£40.75£49.07Turn  9   villianAll-in £35.78£76.53£0.00liamboi11Fold    villianMuck    villianWin £38.95 £38.95villianReturn £35.78£1.80£74.73

Comments

• edited October 2011
    what do we put him on?

surely he can't be playing 6X here are we aren't that deep so unless he has 66 or 55 then we are almost certainly good on the flop.

did you flat call the flop to get in on a blank turn, like a red 10?
  • edited October 2011

I'd prob shove over flop raise

As played I snap the turn

• edited October 2011
    In Response to good or bad fold?:
    the villian is a very well known loose aggro reg,just want to get opinions if this is gd or bad fold Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Lefty9 Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £64.68 lynx3ffect Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £50.25   Your hole cards K K       scotty77 Fold         villian Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £54.28 liamboi11 Raise   £5.00 £7.25 £64.07 Lefty9 Fold         lynx3ffect Fold         villian Call   £3.50 £10.75 £50.78 Flop     6 6 5       villian Check         liamboi11 Bet   £7.50 £18.25 £56.57 villian Raise   £15.00 £33.25 £35.78 liamboi11 Call   £7.50 £40.75 £49.07 Turn     9       villian All-in   £35.78 £76.53 £0.00 liamboi11 Fold         villian Muck         villian Win   £38.95   £38.95 villian Return   £35.78 £1.80 £74.73
    Posted by liamboi11
    I`m thinkin now i should have shoved the flop but because i know he is a really good reg a thought to play it a bit tricky and call in position and get it in on a blank turn.after a good night sleep i`m thinkin a should have defo called the turn he might have a smaller pocket pair qq,jj,10.88 but good chance he min c/r on the flop with the ax clubs and hit flush on turn so its my own fault really
  • edited October 2011
    If hes a good reg doubt many clubs are in his range. AQ litterally it, as you have the King. Seems odd hand. I cant see why a "really good reg" is ever min raising this flop. If hes got 77-JJ he prob isnt as good as u think.
  • edited October 2011

I stack off here, unless I've got a specific note relating to the min raise on the flop.
    Flop min raises tend to be either the nuts, or a kinda mid strength hand that wants to 'see where it is'.

If that mid strength hand  is 77, 88, TT, JJ, particularly with a club, then they are probably going to jam the turn.
  • edited October 2011
    looks like an airball to me. J high or something.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: good or bad fold?:
    looks like an airball to me. J high or something.
    Posted by hurst05
    lol
  • edited October 2011
    LOL  i would not be surprised if hurst05 was right here, when you just flat call the flop it looks kinda weak tbh, villain may have got himself in a silly spot and poss shoving his way outta trouble,

..snap call for me, you have the kc as insurance what more do you want lol

if he has a house raise ur eye brows, note him and re-load...
  • edited October 2011
    was the villain hursty?
  • edited October 2011
    was the villain hursty?
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    I think you'r on to something there m8...lol
  • edited October 2011
    shove flop, no tricky decisions - not many turn cards you like

as played

sod it - call ) JJ one club
  • edited October 2011
    was the villain hursty?
    Posted by GREGHOGG[/Qi hope hurst dont mind me sayin but yeah it was lol
    i know crazy fold againist him but never seen him do the min c/r then shove but well played to him if he got me off the better hand

how u know gregg?
  • edited October 2011
    "very well known loose aggro reg" - sick advertising
  • edited October 2011
    " very well known loose aggro reg" - sick advertising
    Posted by 5toneFace
    what you on on about?
  • edited October 2011
    id snap call here i doubt hes got aces because he would of 5 bet your raise preflop i would of sigh called the all in he cant have a6 unless hes a lag player and calling your raise to get lucky would he rally go all in when 9 comes down he has 99 in hes hand nope dont think so only hand i think he has thats beating u and thats 55 hit house on the flop but id deffo call hes all in 
  • edited October 2011
    its ok saying shove the flop but isnt a flush draw calling u ? u played it ok calling the flop bet but u wanted a brick on the turn and flush got there id call here tho 
  • edited October 2011
    its ok saying shove the flop but isnt a flush draw calling u ? u played it ok calling the flop bet but u wanted a brick on the turn and flush got there id call here tho 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    after lookin at a day l8r i know i should have defo called but still the possibilty he has 6x or ax clubs but it should still be a call but your right a was looking for a blank which never came lol
  • edited October 2011
    " very well known loose aggro reg" - sick advertising
    Posted by 5toneFace
    loosey goosey baby. 
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: good or bad fold? : loosey goosey baby. 
    Posted by hurst05
    i guess with your comments hursty a had the best hand lol
  • edited October 2011
    Jamie hurst a "very well known loose aggro reg"? hmmmmmmm
  • edited October 2011
    Jamie hurst a "very well known loose aggro reg"? hmmmmmmm
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Oi have less <3

you fold his hand then i assume? :P
  • edited October 2011
    shoving the flop theoretically the worst of the options here IMO, at least when we call flop/call turn we can expect him to show up with a bluff from time to time, + I think he could be playing a smaller pair really fast for  value here which MIGHT get a hero fold to a jam (would be non sensical, but then the flop min/raise is pretty non sensical as well)

really bad turn as some of the spazzily played flop draws get in, but in game I'm pretty sure I'd call here cos the hole hand looks REALLY spazzy from him and I have the Kc, but a very bad turn card for sure
  • edited October 2011
    what are you doing.

both of you.