You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm a survivor

edited October 2011 in Sky Poker Tournaments
I'm pretty new to sky poker and in my own opinion I have lots to learn about the game. I entered the survivor tourny for the first time last week on the wednesday for £8. After three nights of entertainment I made it through to the final on the Saturday. My £8 entry got me into a 15 runner event with a guaranteed prize pool of a GRAND. £500 to the winner, £300 for second and £200 for third.

Before the final started I was already very happy knowing I only had to beat twelve other players to win £200 minimum. Easier said than done of course but where could I ever get value like thast again?

My plan was to get to around 6000 chips which I thought would get me to the final table. I doubled up early and managed to reach the final table with around 8000 chips.

I made mistakes along the way and had some luck but in the end was very happy to finish second and collect the £300 prize.

I've just done a phone interview with sky poker TV to be screened on the winners journey program I beleive on Tuesday night. Now that is nerve racking LOL. Bet I sounded a right idiot!

Looking forward to seeing my hands played back on the program however and to seeing how good or bad I really did play.

A great tourny which more people should get involved in.

I played tonights for £1 and have already qualified for Monday so see you at the tables!

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Im new aswell. I join sky poker this week and i see this game look good and cheap if you buy in for £1. So when you qualified 4 the next day to you start with the chip that you had the night be for?