You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

should i have folded?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic

Hand History #420881875 (10:15 03/10/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
tandoh Small blind  50.00 50.00 2477.50
shooter73 Big blind  100.00 150.00 562.50
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

clara1977 All-in  1227.50 1377.50 0.00
BigBlue26 All-in  3080.00 4457.50 0.00
9991 All-in  2055.00 6512.50 0.00
ANDYTAYLOR Fold     
tandoh All-in  2477.50 8990.00 0.00
shooter73 Fold     
BigBlue26 Unmatched bet  552.50 8437.50 552.50
tandoh Show
  • Q
  • Q

clara1977 Show

BigBlue26 Show
  • K
  • K

9991 Show
  • A
  • A

Flop

Turn

River

• K

BigBlue26 Win Three Kings 8437.50

Comments

• edited October 2011
    lol results orientated a bit!

snap call
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: should i have folded?:
    lol results orientated a bit! snap call
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    What u mean mate?
  • edited October 2011
    If u held you wouldnt post this zzzzzzzz
  • edited October 2011
    If u held you wouldnt post this zzzzzzzz
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    You always get sum1 like this when u post on the forum, thats why i dont bother much. If you have nothing useful to say dont say anything. i wanted to know if any1 else would fold this as its a dym and its about survival not winning
  • edited October 2011
    Why would you fold the best starting hand ?

Only very specific situations where you would fold AA in a DYM but this is not one of them.

Also maybe put more info in your opening post regarding the situation, eg. MTT/STT/CASH/DYM 

• edited October 2011
    Why would you fold the best starting hand ? Only very specific situations where you would fold AA in a DYM but this is not one of them. Also maybe put more info in your opening post regarding the situation, eg. MTT/STT/CASH/DYM 
    Posted by rancid
    Yeah good point, but theres some people on this forum who are just rude and never have anything useful to say!
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: should i have folded? : You always get sum1 like this when u post on the forum, thats why i dont bother much. If you have nothing useful to say dont say anything. i wanted to know if any1 else would fold this as its a dym and its about survival not winning
    Posted by 9991
    With still 6 people in there seems little point in folding, its just a badbeat.

You need to add more info to the post state it was a DYM as if this was a standard tourn you should never consider folding AA pre. Which is why Young made the post that he did, he has a point that you would never have posted the hand had it held.

4 way with AA you arent ever going to be over  50% I dont think, you could ask to be up against better cards.
  • edited October 2011
    you didnt mention it was a dym cos that obviously changes the question, i may fold here now

lol if i have nothing to say dont post, i tell it how it is so if you take offence easy you dont post.
  • edited October 2011
    Yeah if you had stated in your post that it's a DYM it would help, we're not mind readers.

There are two all ins before you, so even if you folded you don't know what the people behind you are going to do, so only 1 player may have been knocked out.

I think I would still call knowing if the aces hold I can sit back and fold every hand to make the money.
  • edited October 2011

The first guy is short. If you only beat the re-shover in the hand you almost break even, or at least maintain a playable stack. (a -400 chip loss on the hand leaving you 1.6k) That's good security.

No brainer imo.

Had the guy who shoved behind, acted before you, then that might be different, especially as the big blind is already really short. It's probably a clear fold in that situation.

But as the action played out, this is never ever a fold. (imo)

• edited October 2011
    just ran it through a poker calculator

Pre 54.54%
    KK= 17.78
    QQ= 15.06%
    22= 12.06%

Flop 72.07%
    KK= 9.15%
    QQ=10.61%
    22=8.17%

Turn 75%
    KK= 5%
    QQ=15%
    22=5%

So as you can see you are a Favourite all the way, I was a little surprised by this pre i thought you'd be <50%
  • edited October 2011
    The first guy is short. If you only beat the re-shover in the hand you almost break even, or at least maintain a playable stack. (a -400 chip loss on the hand leaving you 1.6k) That's good security. No brainer imo. Had the guy who shoved behind, acted before you, then that might be different, especially as the big blind is already really short. It's probably a clear fold in that situation. But as the action played out, this is never ever a fold. (imo)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This is spot on IMO
  • edited October 2011
    Hi 9991 , to start with IF ya woulda put more detail in the OP im sure ya woulda got a diff response , as for the hand ofc its a call in THIS situation ya was just unlucky.

Now as for YOUNG_GUN i can promise ya now he is very much 1 of the gd guys on this forum and never insults anyone in this way , in fact he regularly wades in when OTHERS make nasty remarks to posters.

Please dont stop posting in here as its a great form of help to ureself , just remember to be specific when posting a hand so others dont get the wrong end of the stick ;)

Gl at the tables

debbydobby xx
  • edited October 2011
    Id actually be happy here to fold knowing at least one player is out. You have to expect both players before you to have pairs and as the stats suggest you are then only a margnal fav pre flop. DYM's are not about how many chips you win but more on surviving. I love them as the tactics are brilliant. Sometimes when I do have loads of chips I min raise pots with nothing to get action from multiple players. I then step back and watch em knock eachother out LOL