You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DTD idea

Raise the GTD's

eg the £150 GTD £2.20 deepstack yesterday had over 200 runners, the guarantee could easily be increased to say £300 without risk of overlay.

I think knowing that more money is up for grabs will draw in more players.

Or is it not that simple?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    In Response to DTD idea:
    Raise the GTD's eg the £150 GTD £2.20 deepstack yesterday had over 200 runners, the guarantee could easily be increased to say £300 without risk of overlay. I think knowing that more money is up for grabs will draw in more players. Or is it not that simple?
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    Nothing ever that simple on here bud! They aren't very pro-active!

You'd think they'd have sum1 constantly monitoring and acting upon this kinda thing, like weekly.

HU hypers >£5 ... anyone ???? :(
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DTD idea:
    In Response to DTD idea : Nothing ever that simple on here bud! They aren't very pro-active! You'd think they'd have sum1 constantly monitoring and acting upon this kinda thing.  HU hypers >£5 ... anyone ???? :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yeh, I would love some £3.15s and £2.10s so I can learn without losing all of my roll first!

But do you think increasing the guarantee would bring even more runners? Or is it not that correlative?
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to DTD idea : Nothing ever that simple on here bud! They aren't very pro-active! You'd think they'd have sum1 constantly monitoring and acting upon this kinda thing.  HU hypers >£5 ... anyone ???? :(
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Are you now considered one of Donny's best ever inventors?

Good idea Poker_Fail
  • edited October 2011
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DTD idea : Are you now considered one of Donny's best ever inventors? Good idea Poker_Fail
    Posted by splashies
    Yes, 100%
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ty for support guys, I've only been able to play in it a few times so far but they are brilliant tourneys and should be given every chance to grow.

Do it Sky, there is no conceivable downside!
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: DTD idea : Ty for support guys, I've only been able to play in it a few times so far but they are brilliant tourneys and should be given every chance to grow. Do it Sky, there is no conceivable downside!
    Posted by Poker_Fail
    I know another site (admirttedly has greater numbers) just start a tournament slap a huge gte and watch it fill out. Put a huge GTE on a tournament, advertise it well. And Boom you have urself a tourny imo.

Also JJ, since Scotland invented everything worth while i send you down and immigration form should you like. (light humour, do not take offence)