You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TPTK, snap call?

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I think I have vague notes that they're not very good but pretty much readless.
melvin1958 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £1.16
Dudeskin8 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.08
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

luckoti Fold        
x Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £11.36
sarrge Fold        
Wakey_S Fold        
melvin1958 Call   £0.35 £0.90 £0.81
Dudeskin8 Call   £0.30 £1.20 £9.78
Flop

• Q

melvin1958 All-in   £0.81 £2.01 £0.00
Dudeskin8 Call   £0.81 £2.82 £8.97
x All-in   £11.36 £14.18 £0.00
Dudeskin8

Comments

• edited October 2011
    double you t eff.

I dunno, I'm not folding.
  • edited October 2011
    snap call. 

would a set do this on a board as dry, no.

I don't think two pair does either, its still not a huge pot.
  • edited October 2011
    finks you gotta call
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: TPTK, snap call?:
    snap call.  would a set do this on a board as dry, no. I don't think two pair does either, its still not a huge pot.
    Posted by AAelmoAA
    so what does do it on this dry a board?

I think its a call, but I'm not fistpumping
  • edited October 2011
    at my level if similar scenario came ofc. i would really consider folding, 1 ok its a dry board but he is not bluffing 2 you have invested so little and it seems marginal to me to call there.....

some oppo could easily have KQ, QJ etc so this become oppo dependant situation for sure, to say this is a snap call is ridic imo v some players i play with daily i would insta-fold not insta-call! i would not be surprised to see kk tbh
  • edited October 2011

urghh. Whats all that about!

I think it would confuse me enough to call just out of curiosity lol.

He was PFR with a 4xBB raise, got two callers, then donk bet into and called by your good self, hes panicked and shoved not wanting to see another card. Wouldnt suprise me if villain had something amazing like KK or AA!

• edited October 2011
    Its hard to fold really BUT i aint a bit suprised if its AA or KK , could even be 44 or 66 and thinks youve hit enough of it to call him
  • edited October 2011
    Any reason you flatted the donok bet and not raise? was it to induce a raise from the orignal raiser?

You call with AQ and hit a pretty much dream flop i think you have to go with it.
  • edited October 2011
    Any reason you flatted the donok bet and not raise? was it to induce a raise from the orignal raiser? You call with AQ and hit a pretty much dream flop i think you have to go with it.
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    This was mainly to appear weak and not scare the other guy off as I'm pretty sure i had the best hand on flop and figured flatting would make him think he could get me off with a raise/shove, do you think a raise is better ?
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: TPTK, snap call? : This was mainly to appear weak and not scare the other guy off as I'm pretty sure i had the best hand on flop and figured flatting would make him think he could get me off with a raise/shove, do you think a raise is better ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    So you flatted the donk bet to induce and then got what you wanted so i think you have to call.

If you raise the donk bet you fold out alot of his bluffs, but maybe make your decision easier if he comes over the top.

I think i call but im not surprised if he turns over AA or KK
  • edited October 2011
    Well I put him on KQ/QJ trying to just shut the hand down there and then, couldn't put him on any set as shoving would be crazy, AA/KK was probably more likely but again I would expect them to make a standard raise as shoving only gets called by a small range.

Note taken for next time....
    melvin1958 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £1.16
    Dudeskin8 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.08
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

luckoti Fold        
    x Raise   £0.40 £0.55 £11.36
    sarrge Fold        
    Wakey_S Fold        
    melvin1958 Call   £0.35 £0.90 £0.81
    Dudeskin8 Call   £0.30 £1.20 £9.78
    Flop

• Q

melvin1958 All-in   £0.81 £2.01 £0.00
    Dudeskin8 Call   £0.81 £2.82 £8.97
    x All-in   £11.36 £14.18 £0.00
    Dudeskin8 All-in   £8.97 £23.15 £0.00
    x Unmatched bet   £1.58 £21.57 £1.58
    melvin1958 Show

Dudeskin8 Show
    • A
    • Q

x Show

Turn

River

• J

x Win Three 4s £20.17   £21.75
  • edited October 2011
    I know i've seen the restults now, but these huge jams leave you in a spot where you hvew to be VERY sure cos mistakes are really expensive. I actually expected you to see KK/AA here, however some ofnthe hands ive seen posted for 10NL on skypoker means id prolly have flicked the call in as well.

But as a default in a reasonble game this is a pretty stnd fold
  • edited October 2011
    im amazed he has shoved there, bet u got some nice notes on them now!

after the raise pre i think there are only about 5 hands you call with - aa kk qq being three which you would have 3bet pre?

So that leaves them with AQ 66 thats makes that call - 1 of which wins

Villain loses so much value weird!
  • edited October 2011
    well if you flatted to induce why ask?

I would be flatting as he calls wider when we flat than when we raise and its a pretty dry board
  • edited October 2011
    Seems i was right with my post of 44 or 66 and he reckoned ya would call him , which ya did , eezzz game for him ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Seems i was right with my post of 44 or 66 and he reckoned ya would call him , which ya did , eezzz game for him ;)
    Posted by debdobs_67
    Am I the only one who really likes this guys flop bet? The other guy is super short and so he probably has nothing and even if he has QQ nobody is losing very much money. But your flat call looks like exactly what it is, a big pair wanting some action from the next player to act. He knows that you will 3-bet with QQ and so he's only beat if you have 66.

Is this what you might call tripple-range-merging ;-)
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: TPTK, snap call? : Am I the only one who really likes this guys flop bet? The other guy is super short and so he probably has nothing and even if he has QQ nobody is losing very much money. But your flat call looks like exactly what it is, a big pair wanting some action from the next player to act. He knows that you will 3-bet with QQ and so he's only beat if you have 66. Is this what you might call tripple-range-merging ;-)
    Posted by jugglegeek
    Why have you replied to my post saying 'your' call etc , this aint my hand ya know ;)
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: TPTK, snap call? : Am I the only one who really likes this guys flop bet? The other guy is super short and so he probably has nothing and even if he has QQ nobody is losing very much money. But your flat call looks like exactly what it is, a big pair wanting some action from the next player to act. He knows that you will 3-bet with QQ and so he's only beat if you have 66. Is this what you might call tripple-range-merging ;-)
    Posted by jugglegeek
    No this is what you call a fish getting excited.  he folds out a good anount of dudeskins range that calls the flop by shoving, and Im not sure what hes merging his range with