You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Trying to understand low level cash poker

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
I have had a few posts about this but on 4/8p and u raise to 40p is that showing enough strength?

Hand History #421635306 (13:39 05/10/2011)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
WOBLY57 Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £2.92
MJX Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £7.45
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

dgw69 Call  £0.08 £0.20 £7.80
christ1992 Call  £0.08 £0.28 £2.46
cleaverjim Raise  £0.40 £0.68 £9.08
flane Fold     
WOBLY57 Fold     
MJX Fold     
dgw69 Fold     
christ1992 Call  £0.32 £1.00 £2.14
Flop

• K

christ1992 Check     
cleaverjim Bet  £2.08 £3.08 £7.00
christ1992 All-in  £2.14 £5.22 £0.00
cleaverjim Call  £0.06 £5.28 £6.94
christ1992 Show

cleaverjim Show
  • A
  • K

Turn

River

christ1992 Win Two Pairs, 5s and 2s £4.88  £4.88

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Because when 5/2 calls and he only has 2.12 left Its leaving me wondering what im doing wrong!
  • edited October 2011
    thats made me laugh!

Nothing you can do standard
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: Trying to understand low level cash poker:
    thats made me laugh! Nothing you can do standard
    Posted by PiAnOpLaYa
    I have to say these levels are good if your hands hold up ,But im finding they dont .
  • ybyb
    edited October 2011
    60p on the flop, rest on the turn
  • edited October 2011
    Pre good, why bet so much on flop, jsut make standard 2/3 pot bet bout 65-70p.

As for call would you want him to NOT call ?
  • edited October 2011
    Pre good, why bet so much on flop, jsut make standard 2/3 pot bet bout 65-70p. As for call would you want him to NOT call ?
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    LMAO...if i bet 70p he jams with his £2 i call anyway..........I think you r struggling with the headline in this subject tbh ,Im trying to UNDERSTAND y players call with 5 2 etc not my play!!!!!!
  • edited October 2011
    Don't worry your self over their play just keep doing that you're doing.
  • edited October 2011

You don't need to understand how a murderers mind works, u just need to understand that what he does is wrong ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Depends what your job is. ;)
  • edited October 2011
    What dudeskin said. Yeah ur right he shove but we get an easy call.

I cant see the sizing tbh. However pre im going 20-36p if they real bad ill often be tempted to go 80-90p.
  • edited October 2011
    Some people just love to gamble and losing £10 or something is not a big deal to them 

But 10 x £10 is a nice deal for you if you seek them out )

• edited October 2011
    they call with 52o cos you can flop flush draws, straight draws, straight flush draws,pairs, 2pair,trips,straights, boats and quads with this hand
  • edited October 2011
    they call with 52o cos you can flop flush draws, straight draws, straight flush draws,pairs, 2pair,trips,straights, boats and quads with this hand
    Posted by grantorino
    Ah that makes sense now
  • edited October 2011
    How to make money at NL4 and NL8: Deposite 20 full buyins for your desired level (£80 or £160 depending on your preference); Read DOHHHHHHH's recent tread about the matter; only play the following pre-flop range A9s+, AJo+, KQs, TT+ and always raise 5x when entering a pot (2xBB more for each limper or if you have AA). Raise pre-flop with smaller pocket pairs by 3x (for the setmine)

Only bet with TPGK or better and only bet 70% of the flop or more unless there is a good reason to think you need to bet less (dry flop totally missed opponent's likely range).

Overbet when you sense that your opponent has picked up a big piece of the board (eg when you have a set and you sense they have hit TPTK)

Play as many tables as possible. The reason for this is because by the time you have gone all in on a K52 board with AK you don't even notice that you have got beat. And it's likely that you won't care since some other fish on another table will have gone all in pre-flop for 90BBs with KJ against your aces. Multi-table to avoid tilt

Pay attention, don't play drunk and enjoy printing money.
  • edited October 2011
    How to make money at NL4 and NL8: Deposite 20 full buyins for your desired level (£80 or £160 depending on your preference); Read DOHHHHHHH's recent tread about the matter; only play the following pre-flop range A9s+, AJo+, KQs, TT+ and always raise 5x when entering a pot (2xBB more for each limper or if you have AA). Raise pre-flop with smaller pocket pairs by 3x (for the setmine) Only bet with TPGK or better and only bet 70% of the flop or more unless there is a good reason to think you need to bet less (dry flop totally missed opponent's likely range). Overbet when you sense that your opponent has picked up a big piece of the board (eg when you have a set and you sense they have hit TPTK) Play as many tables as possible . The reason for this is because by the time you have gone all in on a K52 board with AK you don't even notice that you have got beat. And it's likely that you won't care since some other fish on another table will have gone all in pre-flop for 90BBs with KJ against your aces. Multi-table to avoid tilt Pay attention, don't play drunk and enjoy printing money.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    TY i will gladly take this advice on board..TY
  • edited October 2011
    Look at your opponrnt. He had The Man upstairs on his side.
  • edited October 2011
    How to make money at NL4 and NL8: Deposite 20 full buyins for your desired level (£80 or £160 depending on your preference); Read DOHHHHHHH's recent tread about the matter; only play the following pre-flop range A9s+, AJo+, KQs, TT+ and always raise 5x when entering a pot (2xBB more for each limper or if you have AA). Raise pre-flop with smaller pocket pairs by 3x (for the setmine) Only bet with TPGK or better and only bet 70% of the flop or more unless there is a good reason to think you need to bet less (dry flop totally missed opponent's likely range). Overbet when you sense that your opponent has picked up a big piece of the board (eg when you have a set and you sense they have hit TPTK) Play as many tables as possible . The reason for this is because by the time you have gone all in on a K52 board with AK you don't even notice that you have got beat. And it's likely that you won't care since some other fish on another table will have gone all in pre-flop for 90BBs with KJ against your aces. Multi-table to avoid tilt Pay attention, don't play drunk and enjoy printing money.
    Posted by jugglegeek
    LOL

if 52 in his range not sure whats excluded