You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU Hyper, turn a big draw, shallow stacked.

edited October 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Apologies for this hand prob going straight over the head of most clinic users....

I find myself in this spot often in this format, it's a HU hyper, 500 starting stack, 2 min levels.

I hate betting, coz if I brick, I'm nackered....

I hate checking, coz I've got good pot and fold equity....

Im unsure about shoving, as it turns my hand face up and he can hero call me light.....

What's your play on the turn?

And do u bet/call flop? I prob shudda done that tbh.

While I'm here, if anyone plays alot of these and would like to discuss hands and general strategy, please PM me.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DOHHHHHHH Small blind  15.00 15.00 610.00
stevo549 Big blind  30.00 45.00 345.00
  Your hole cards

DOHHHHHHH Raise  45.00 90.00 565.00
stevo549 Call  30.00 120.00 315.00
Flop

• A

stevo549 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Check     
Turn

stevo549 Check     
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited October 2011
    What's wrong with bet-folding 100? If you lose the pot then you are down to 465 playing his 535. If he has no hand then you take down the pot and if he has a pair he might not raise if he puts you on anything other than a draw. You have 30% odds against any pair so you can't overplay your hand.

I prefer to play the standard heads-up games because there is more poker to them. They take a bit longer but if I work out that the other guy has me dominated skill wise I can play more agressive and try to get lucky. Most times they are useless at the level I play at so I can grind them down playing small pots
  • edited October 2011
    would need reads on how often he is defending vs minraises cos i think you should be folding pre
  • edited October 2011
    Bet/fold 75 on flop.

As played bet/fold 75 on turn.

If he called the flop bet and checks the turn, check back or shove (prob checking back more than shoving, player dependant).
  • edited October 2011
    If I bet this turn am I not pricing myself in to call with flush and straight draws?

I shoved btw, how does this move rank against the other options?
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: HU Hyper, turn a big draw, shallow stacked.:
    If I bet this turn am I not pricing myself in to call with flush and straight draws? I shoved btw, how does this move rank against the other options?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Depends how much your bet is.  Think ICM.  Can't run the numbers now but pretty sure in ICM terms bet/folding 75 is correct.
  • edited October 2011
    We know we have to hit to win and with 1 card to come we know that we hit less then we miss so to make it the right move he has to fold a largish % of the time. If you've played this guy lots and can be sure that you get a fold from everything below a pair of aces then its ok to shove. (opinion)

I wouldn't mind you pming me some tips. I played a bunch a couple weeks back and end up having a big session vs ELVIS who ran like god and probably beat me something like 20/35 times at £5 level. Never seen someone get it in needing runners and magically getting them so much.
  • edited October 2011
    We know we have to hit to win and with 1 card to come we know that we hit less then we miss so to make it the right move he has to fold a largish % of the time. If you've played this guy lots and can be sure that you get a fold from everything below a pair of aces then its ok to shove. (opinion) I wouldn't mind you pming me some tips. I played a bunch a couple weeks back and end up having a big session vs ELVIS who ran like god and probably beat me something like 20/35 times at £5 level. Never seen someone get it in needing runners and magically getting them so much.
    Posted by NColley
    Did you have your chat on?

Playing this guy that many times would tilt me so bad. 

tbf there are 2 of them, 1 is an ok guy.

even when I've got a fish rematching, if I get stuck 5/6 games v him I will switch it up and play someone else. There's no shortage of fish in these games. If sum guy just can't seem to lose I'll just get outta there.

now £1 & £3 games @ 5% rake in't lobby for those interested btw.
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: HU Hyper, turn a big draw, shallow stacked. : Did you have your chat on? Playing this guy that many times would tilt me so bad.  tbf there are 2 of them, 1 is an ok guy. even when I've got a fish rematching, if I get stuck 5/6 games v him I will switch it up and play someone else. There's no shortage of fish in these games. If sum guy just can't seem to lose I'll just get outta there. now £1 & £3 games @ 5% rake in't lobby for those interested btw.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I play a fair amount of hu thesedays , normal , turbo's and hypers.

If ya get a bit of spare time on ure hands would ya skope me and let me know how my stats look ??

Mostly £5 level is what i play

debs xx
  • edited October 2011
    I've played quite a few of these over on PS and had mixed results.

Still think you should be betting this flop if he calls and checks the turn you can check back then to try and hit your draw.

As played really dont like the shove dont know what you can rep other then a big draw. I'd either bet 80 but then you'll prob have to fold if he comes over the top or just check back and if he checks again after the river you can prob take it down with a small bet.
  • edited October 2011
    Not reading other replies:

I bet flop around 80, you have position so its a must really if he shoves then obv its a sigh fold

as played again i bet turn 60ish
  • edited October 2011
    In Response to Re: HU Hyper, turn a big draw, shallow stacked. : I play a fair amount of hu thesedays , normal , turbo's and hypers. If ya get a bit of spare time on ure hands would ya skope me and let me know how my stats look ?? Mostly £5 level is what i play debs xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilterdebdobs_67         477$0  $4  -7%-$112  -N/ASkyPokerE<=2 G=H NoLim Heads Up SNG Only SNG Onlyx

Going well lately, get some hypers in and you'll be back to +ive numbers in no time ;)
  • edited October 2011
    Thanx dohhh xx

Its prob a gd idea to subscribe yeah ??

Is it £9.99 a month or so ??